• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Inn Hotels getting rid of shampoo

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't mind those larger dispensers at all. Much better than trying to handle those little tiny bottles and bars of soap.

Kurt

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Our time share in NH has the dispensers. It's actually fine. But I take our big soap bars and my own shampoo anyway.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
You heard it here first!

If Holiday Inn goes to dispensers, someone will find a way to put either Rogaine or Nair in them.....

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You heard it here first!

If Holiday Inn goes to dispensers, someone will find a way to put either Rogaine or Nair in them.....
Well, these large dispensers have been in many places for years so this isn't exactly a new concept. I've seen them in Hilton hotels and cruise ships to name a couple. Has anyone ever heard of an issue with these to date? I guess if someone is that paranoid, they should bring their own products.

Kurt

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Well, these large dispensers have been in many places for years so this isn't exactly a new concept. I've seen them in Hilton hotels and cruise ships to name a couple. Has anyone ever heard of an issue with these to date? I guess if someone is that paranoid, they should bring their own products.

Kurt

Kurt,

That's interesting to know how widespread dispensers are becoming - I have not seen them in any of my travels (other than as soap dispensers or hand sanitizers in high traffic restrooms of course) but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I don't recall ever having stayed at a Hilton and we've never cruised.

On the other hand, electricity is a fairly recent phenomena here.......(let's see who gets that obscure reference...)

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best westerns here have done it for a long time and I was in a Fairfield a month or so ago and they had them. I personally don't like them because they are at shower level & I prefer baths.

I hate that more and more hotels are going to showers only

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They’re in lots of hotels. For example, Four Points by Sheraton has had them for years.

While on this topic, many like to travel with their own shampoo and I use these and find them great (you can find other sizes and colors):

humangear GoToob 3-Pack Travel Bottle, Clear/Green/Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VS8H3G/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Best westerns here have done it for a long time and I was in a Fairfield a month or so ago and they had them. I personally don't like them because they are at shower level & I prefer baths.

I hate that more and more hotels are going to showers only
I've found the large dispensers in some hotels, not in others. I tend to bring my own shampoo anyway, but do like the hotel stuff for just a one night stay.

We prefer showers, don't like the climbing in and out of a tub, plus I really don't like baths/

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Marriott has been placing tamper resistant soap dispensers in many of their hotels. I don't remember the brand name of the soaps but it was something fancy.

I'm all for it. This change will certainly save room at the landfill. I guess the bummer is no more fancy hotel soaps in the guest bathroom.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
We have not stayed at hotels/motels for 15 years, but if anyone needs any of those little bottles of stuff, let me know.

:D

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I don't have an issue IF they are truly tamper-PROOF.

As with software, there are a class of jerks out there that take delight in contaminating these kind of products.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't have an issue IF they are truly tamper-PROOF.

As with software, there are a class of jerks out there that take delight in contaminating these kind of products.
They're as tamper-proof as the little bottles they are replacing (hint: neither is completely tamper-proof). If one is really worried about that, I would suggest bringing your own. But then how do you know your own was not tampered in the store? or distributor? or manufacturer?

I guess one could spend their life worrying about things like this, or one could just spend their life living. I choose the latter.

Kurt

Brett

Reaction score
They're as tamper-proof as the little bottles they are replacing (hint: neither is completely tamper-proof). If one is really worried about that, I would suggest bringing your own. But then how do you know your own was not tampered in the store? or distributor? or manufacturer?

I guess one could spend their life worrying about things like this, or one could just spend their life living. I choose the latter.

Kurt

yes, spending a lifetime worrying about tamper-proof shampoo bottles (or any bottle) seems extreme
I'll go ahead and use a shampoo dispenser, maybe ... if the tamper proof seal hasn't been broken

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We stayed at a Staybridge Suites (Intercontinental/Holiday Inn brand) on our way to Missouri Friday night. They do have the dispensers. It was fine...but I wanted to take a bath the night we got in, and they were up too high for that.

The Fairfield (Marriott) we stayed in the night prior still had the small bottles of Paul Mitchell toiletries.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt
Well it is an issue when they fall off the wall in the shower. Thankfully it happened when no one was in the shower, but the noise was pretty scary.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I've found the large dispensers in some hotels, not in others. I tend to bring my own shampoo anyway, but do like the hotel stuff for just a one night stay.

We prefer showers, don't like the climbing in and out of a tub, plus I really don't like baths/

The only reason we even have a bathtub is I thought one needed to be there for resale. Bathroom remodel was in 2010 and no one has ever taken a bath in the tub. Every so often we have to sluice it down when dust starts to show.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The only reason we even have a bathtub is I thought one needed to be there for resale. Bathroom remodel was in 2010 and no one has ever taken a bath in the tub. Every so often we have to sluice it down when dust starts to show.

Haha, same here! In fact, I think it's time to get rid of the dust...