• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So as time goes on wouldn’t more and more people in those deeded weeks give back to buy in? They offered me 22K toward the purchase of a flex plan. Granted it’s technically Monopoly money since these timeshares are so over priced. I can’t help but imagine the amount of people who are willing to give back a good mandatory week because they were sold on flex nonsense.
Yes, it does seem that a lot of people are "selling" back their weeks to buy in to Flex. I think this is why we are seeing fewer and fewer resale weeks available.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Yes, it does seem that a lot of people are "selling" back their weeks to buy in to Flex. I think this is why we are seeing fewer and fewer resale weeks available.
Yeah, should I have not just sent in my payment for the EOY 2 bedroom and the annual 2 bedroom? Lol

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah, should I have not just sent in my payment for the EOY 2 bedroom and the annual 2 bedroom? Lol
I say, get them now while you can.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
For every week taken back, there is one less week available to book. However, there is also one less owner competing for a reservation.

Dioxide - I don't understand this statement. Deeding back the week doesn't (shouldn't) affect availability in any way....it just changes who the owner is. Deed back weeks never come out of your home resort pool nor do they come out of the SVN pool - they are just owned by either the developer directly or the trust (once conveyed).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Dioxide - I don't understand this statement. Deeding back the week doesn't (shouldn't) affect availability in any way....it just changes who the owner is. Deed back weeks never come out of your home resort pool nor do they come out of the SVN pool - they are just owned by either the developer directly or the trust (once conveyed).
That’s not how I understood it. But for my sake I would hope you’re right lol I was told by a rep over the phone years ago, when owners default on their loan or the deed is given back for any reason the inventory goes back to the developer. This was before online booking and one of my many fights to try and get into my home resort of harborside at 8 months since the 10-8 mo window never had any availability in phase 1

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
please keep sending me any rejection emails for us based deedback requests!

it is very clear that the left hand does not appear to know what the right hand is doing in this department, but I know of at least one person who was previously rejected has subsequently gotten a reversal letter and was instead accepted...so perhaps our efforts are producing fruit!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
please keep sending me any rejection emails for us based deedback requests!

it is very clear that the left hand does not appear to know what the right hand is doing in this department, but I know of at least one person who was previously rejected has subsequently gotten a reversal letter and was instead accepted...so perhaps our efforts are producing fruit!

Any word on which resort?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
SBP

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not that im aware of, they just informed me that they had originally contacted the deedback dept and were rejected. upon forwarding that rejection to the individual im working with...they subsequently got a 2nd email saying they were accepted.

I am hoping that this will trigger a change in the entire department, vs only those who have to contact me and "tell on them"...as that wont really solve much.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Did this owner try giving away their week on TUG?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have seen several Tuggers trying to give away SPB in the Bargain Deals forum and they don't seem to be having much luck, bumping their threads every couple weeks...

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
not that im aware of, they just informed me that they had originally contacted the deedback dept and were rejected. upon forwarding that rejection to the individual im working with...they subsequently got a 2nd email saying they were accepted.

I am hoping that this will trigger a change in the entire department, vs only those who have to contact me and "tell on them"...as that wont really solve much.
If you come across anyone trying to deedback their SVV Mandatory Deeds send them my way first ;)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Your plan is to use your star options elsewhere, not to reserve inventory at SVV. So it doesn’t affect your ability to use SOs

But the answer is yes, the more weeks that are traded in for flex ownership, the less weeks available for owners to use at 12 months using their home resort.

I owned at a small resort in St Thomas taken over by Wyndham
Week three had 25 fixed week owners
25 float week owners that could reserve weeks 1-51
25 units that were in Wyndham points that any point owner could reserve.

If the 10 fixed week owners converted to Wyn points, the other 15 owners still had there fixed week and there were now 35 units available to club Wyndham

If 10 float owners converted to Wyndham points or gave back their units, all those units went 8nto the Wyndham pool. Only 15 units in the float pool for all float owners to reserve. Where there used to be 25 happy owners there during week 3, now only 15 can go.

The losers in this case were people who only had access to the float weeks because that pool continues to shrink and they have access to less and less inventory.

Same is going to happen as more floating home inventory is added to the flex trust.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It just kind of bugs me that people will deedback, and then the resort makes big bucks off of some sucker who pays full price for the same thing someone gave away. Of course, Flexoptions are not the same as a deeded week.

When we were at SBP, it was obvious there were big plans to build more buildings. Maybe Marriott will push for that, or maybe Marriott will give up the Sheraton resorts altogether [and force us into Wyndham or Diamond] because they are older and a long way to Marriott quality.

I really do love SBP. It's so pretty and has a lot going for it, but it is not even close to the quality of Marriott's Cypress Harbour. I hope we don't get hit with a huge SA to get it up to par.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
or maybe Marriott will give up the Sheraton resorts altogether [and force us into Wyndham or Diamond] because they are older and a long way to Marriott quality.

I disagree with this characterization of the Sheraton resorts I've seen (I haven't been to SBP).

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I disagree with this characterization of the Sheraton resorts I've seen (I haven't been to SBP).
I agree as well. Marriott needs Sheraton. You can’t compete w/ Wyndham or Diamond w/ only mid to higher tiered TS.
I was just in Scottsdale and SDO was packed. Hell, Diamond, HICV(RCI exchange for us) were pretty full as well. You don’t give up on your bread and butter.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Of the refurbed units at SVV Key West, I would put them on par with the Marriotts we have stayed at recently.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I agree as well. Marriott needs Sheraton. You can’t compete w/ Wyndham or Diamond w/ only mid to higher tiered TS.
I was just in Scottsdale and SDO was packed. Hell, Diamond, HICV(RCI exchange for us) were pretty full as well. You don’t give up on your bread and butter.
MVC Is over priced. MVC will most likely raise the prices on Sheraton Flex and Westin Flex when/if they offer an affiliate cross over. As I said before in my argument of not combining everything into one DC program that most suggest, keeping separate programs allows for entry level ownership that would appeal to more potential buyers. Even Apple started offering lesser priced phones to compete with other smart phone competitors. Good business.

FunnyGuy13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage, CA & Westin Laguna Mar, Cancun, Mexico
If you come across anyone trying to deedback their SVV Mandatory Deeds send them my way first ;)
Are you looking to pick up a Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage CA or Westin LagunaMar, Cancun , Mexico? WAS Starwood, now owned by Marriot.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Are you looking to pick up a Westin Mission Hills, Rancho Mirage CA or Westin LagunaMar, Cancun , Mexico? WAS Starwood, now owned by Marriot.
Those are all voluntary resorts. I’m sure they have great trade power in II. I’m trying to keep maint fees low. I’m hearing Sheraton desert oasis has great trade power. I was able to pick up two more mandatory deeds since I posted that. Still seeing what comes up

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hi Brian - Just returning to the topic of this thread. Curious to know if there have been any further attempts/rejections and/or acceptances of deedbacks, other than the one you mentioned.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have only gotten 3 folks to contact me confirming they were rejected for paid off US based vistana ownerships...I forwarded all 3 of those to my contact but only heard back from 1 (who forwarded me a later email saying they were now accepted).

I have not heard back from the other two individuals.

Sadly most of the email contacts I got were for harborside units :(

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciate the update. Sorry for the Harborside owners, but it is good to know that there is more evidence for those hoping to deed back US based ones (I'll be one of them).

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Thanks, much appreciate the update. Sorry for the Harborside owners, but it is good to know that there is more evidence for those hoping to deed back US based ones (I'll be one of them).
They aren’t touching harborside units, in their words “we aren’t touching those”. Unfortunately the maint fees are not only out of hand but the added VAT the Bahamas added has really thrown it over the edge. 1500-1600 is high but reasonable for a 1 bedroom. Close to. 1900 is a bit too high. It’s sad because it’s a great resort. I contacted them about taking my unit back and no dice. Luckily I was able to find a “buyer” two days later. By the GOG i found someone when I posted it on Facebook in a MVC page and someone who already owned my week wanted another deeded week in phase 1. I lucked out.