• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A story about an abandoned mausoleum.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have left instructions to 'toast me and toss me' into my favorite body of water (Henry's Fork of the Snake River just outside Yellowstone Park). I can't think of a better place for my remains to spend eternity- or until the super-volcano erupts again.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have left instructions to 'toast me and toss me' into my favorite body of water (Henry's Fork of the Snake River just outside Yellowstone Park). I can't think of a better place for my remains to spend eternity- or until the super-volcano erupts again.

Jim

Given the speed of that river, your ashes would be spread like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz after the Flying Monkeys tore him apart: "They tore off my arm and threw it over there! They tore off my leg and threw it over there!"

Tin Man: "That's you all over!"

:D

As for me, the family knows I want to be cremated, and my ashes spread along the NaPali Coast of Kauai. Most beautiful place on the planet. :thumbup:

Dave

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to tell my family I wanted my ashes to be dumped over the falls at artists point in Yellowstone. That was before I spent time on Kauai. DH wants to be spread at Scotsmans peak in Idaho/Montana. I have never been able to make it up there and would like to be with DH and it overlooks our 40 acres/cabin.

I also like the idea of being turned into a glass paperweight.. or 3, one for each of my children

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I used to tell my family I wanted my ashes to be dumped over the falls at artists point in Yellowstone. That was before I spent time on Kauai. DH wants to be spread at Scotsmans peak in Idaho/Montana. I have never been able to make it up there and would like to be with DH and it overlooks our 40 acres/cabin.

I also like the idea of being turned into a glass paperweight.. or 3, one for each of my children

You could have your ashes divided into five parts. 3 parts paperweights, one part spread with your husband, and one part for you to go wherever you'd like. It's not as if you'll be needing any of your former self again. :)

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My brother is still in the bottom of Mom's file cabinet. At this rate I expect to have to dump Mom, Dad and Tom all at the same time. Someone posted here before about the paperweights, which I find appealing, except that they only use like a teaspoon of the ashes still leaving a huge pile to dispose of somewhere.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I told my kids, keep it cheap. Cremate me and dump the ashes anywhere in nature. I used to ask to be tossed into the ocean in Hawaii, but I decided that since I have no idea what their lives will be like at that time, I don't want to make things complicated. Keep it easy. I'll already be dead and haunting them. ;)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have left instructions to 'toast me and toss me' into my favorite body of water (Henry's Fork of the Snake River just outside Yellowstone Park).

I concur. My choice: Biscayne Bay - Miami or France - whichever suits my relatives.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I guess I'm old fashioned. I want to be buried and have a funeral at the church with the body there.

We even purchased plots in the Sacramento Old City Cemetery so we can have upright monuments, not the drive over flat kind.

To each his own. The important part is to let people know what you want.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm old fashioned. I want to be buried and have a funeral at the church with the body there.

We even purchased plots in the Sacramento Old City Cemetery so we can have upright monuments, not the drive over flat kind.

To each his own. The important part is to let people know what you want.

So is hubby. I really did not care if I was cremated or went in the ground......but hubby wanted to make sure he was in the upright monument also. I called them the drawer.
So, we purchased two of them. Old fashioned here too. (Many of my family members are also in these).

I agree, as long as everyone's wishes are met - to each his own.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For any of you that are considering options, and those of you who just like a good read, I would recommend "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes," which is a memoir of a young woman who took a job at a crematorium (there are reasons why she did this, which are discussed in the book.) It's a fascinating book, and will definitely change your thoughts about how we treat the dead in America. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25189315-smoke-gets-in-your-eyes