• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Perfect Marriage

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Fifty two (52) years ago + some months we were young and in love. We were not wild, just young college students in love.
Yesterday (July 31) was DH & my 53rd wedding anniversary. We met in college & dated for 5 years. When people congratulate us on our long marriage, we tell them that we're just too cheap to get divorced.
Wedding email.jpg

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When people congratulate us on our long marriage, we tell them that we're just too cheap to get divorced.
I have friends whom have been married like forever. They tell me that they stay married for the kids. Neither of them want the kids.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ours was working together and both considered the best at our jobs. I think we fought because neither wanted our co-workers knowing we liked each other. Once we did get together everyone says we make the best couple. We get along great, raised our kids the way we both wanted, both of us save and spend the same way, we each have our own hobbies and support each other.
Perfect example is both my Mother and oldest Brother passed away. My Sister lives an hour away and is executor of my Mom's estate and I'm executor of my Brother's. Things have been hectic but my wife spent many hours working with my sister (we don't get along with) helping clear out the house. I helped (I have a bad back) my Son move out the big furniture so that house can go on the market.
The second house my wife went to daily for about 10 days going through everything and clearing that house. My son and I helped and moved the big things but it was done 99% by my wife.
10 years earlier I helped her and her siblings with her parents house. We've now been married for 32 happy years after working together for about 25 of those we work together whenever possible. We talk things over plan our vacations together. She usually books the timeshare or exchange (we own 4) and I do the flight and car. We look over what each does so we don't have a reason to be upset when something goes wrong. In over 150 timeshare trips only once did we have a problem arriving a day early which was easily solved. Together is what works for us.
Bart

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday (July 31) was DH & my 53rd wedding anniversary. We met in college & dated for 5 years. When people congratulate us on our long marriage, we tell them that we're just too cheap to get divorced.
View attachment 13165

Happy Anniversary wishing you many, many more. No you are not to cheap to get a Divorced sound liked you (TWO) Marriage for the Right Reasons. IMHO.:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Peaked or peeked at what? Was that you I saw hiding? :eek:

Last edited: