• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any W57 owner in NYC and can invite to me to the owners lounge

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I took the $200 in Elevated dollars.

Sounds like the presentation went well and you will enjoy the $200. Our interactions with the NYC sales team have been reasonable and they don't waste waste anyone's time (including their own.) Enjoy NYC! I am looking forward to our next visit.

jsb15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went to sales pitch yesterday at 53rd and 6th and I have to say the sales guy was very rude. I don’t go out of my way to attend these, my last one was six years ago, I didn’t set it up with my pre-visit call, or at check-in, but I did respond to a phone message in my room since I was attending a business meeting in that same hotel and I figured I would grab lunch up there too. Salesman was immediately upset to hear that we were not just vacationing and saw that my one purchase 9 years ago was resale. He wanted to know why I didn’t buy six years ago at my last pitch and correctly sized me up as someone not likely to buy from the developer. I told him I was mostly there to hear about the new properties like The Residences and The Quin. Long story short he walked away, never came back until I went to the desk and asked to see a manager, he returned for a few minutes and said he would try to get us out of there quickly and didn’t return again. After 60 minutes from check-in I went to the desk and told them to give me the $100 VISA card as I met my obligation and was leaving. Salesman comes out annoyed they checked me out since his timer only said 54 minutes. If I am blacklisted and never get another request for a sales pitch that would be just fine. OTOH, our stay at W 57th is lovely.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Such a varied set of experiences. We had one not quite, but almost like this. More recently, though, they have been very nice, with our last one very pleasant and lasting a mere 15 minutes. We have one coming up in September as part of a cheap stay-for-a-few-bucks-and-attend-our-lovely-presentation package. We'll see hot it goes.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It was rude to not tell you he was stepping out and leaving you there. However, he could have sat there and pressured you with reasons to buy. Which would you prefer? You could at least read on your phone to pass the time. Who knows? Maybe there is now a rule that they have to keep you there for the allotted time. He obviously didn't want to waste time so stepped out. Perhaps he couldn't tell you what he was doing because if it got back to his manager, perhaps he would have gotten in trouble for not sitting there and pressuring you. The last part hassling you about leaving is odd though.

Don't worry about being blacklisted. We were told that by a rep in Hawaii. Lips moving. Never happened. We were invited back 2 months later. Enjoy your $100 visa.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have, in the past, worn by Tug "end my timeshare presentation early" t-shirt to presentations. I now realize that this may not be a good idea. Here's my reasoning:

I will only go to a presentation if the terms benefit us. This is typically where we get to stay somewhere very nice for a very low price, and they throw in some other things of value as well. But it is the stay that is the real draw. NYC for $149/night. Maui (Vistana) for $649 for 4-5 nights with a car, Carmel Highlands (Hyatt) for $199 for 3 nights. These have actual value.

For this, we spend 15-60 minutes listening and politely saying No.

One possibility is that wearing the shirt gets notes added and these offers stop coming. That would not be in our best interest.

So, unless I went to a presentation where what I got did not outweigh the time investment (and not sure why I would ever do that again), I do want to be invited back.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Last call, anyone who is a W57th owner going to be there anytime over the next 9 days. Would love to see if the lounge experience is at all worth it.
TIA

I was there last week on points (I am a resale owner via Las Vegas) and when I was on the elevator going down it stopped on the second floor and a couple exited the elevator, so I figured I would do the same and simply walk behind them as they went to the lounge. They used there key to open the door and even held the door open for me and invited me in (they must have thought I was an owner too).

I would rank this well below most Hilton Diamond lounges for the hotels and the food was very subpar (chicken skewers and some cold salad). I would say the only benefit was free soda (in the nice glass mini bottles) or even champaign. The lounge was nice and had one tv and a interesting outside patio. I tried the same thing the next morning and again, the food was not very appealing, so I actually left very quick.

I am not sure why people rave about this lounge so much when the diamond lounge at the Hilton Midtown is far superior.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
One word to describe the Hilton Midtown lounge: "Zoo." Sure, there are more food options, but if you don't mind fighting others for food, fighting the crowd for a seat, and looking onto the street with no outdoor seating, then perhaps you may like midtown better. Everyone has different preferences. IMO although I wouldn't mind more food options, I prefer W57 hands down because it is quieter and the staff is very customer focused.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I
I would rank this well below most Hilton Diamond lounges for the hotels and the food was very subpar (chicken skewers and some cold salad).=

Definitely inferior to international Diamond Lounges. Better than any (all?) domestic lounge I've been to. And leaps and bounds ahead of the EL at Midtown.

Of course, a good scam access is always worth the price :)

Cheers.

jsb15

TUG Member
Reaction score
However, he could have sat there and pressured you with reasons to buy. Which would you prefer? You could at least read on your phone to pass the time. Who knows? Maybe there is now a rule that they have to keep you there for the allotted time.

They always say that the presentation requires a certain amount of time. My only guess is he was trying to be so rude that I would leave without completing my obligation and getting the promotion and that I would then not count against some conversion rate of prospects to sales. It’s not like there was a room full of people to service and he could start his next sales presentation early. We were the only couple not even taken back to an office from the reception area next to the snacks. Resale owners probably nearly never buy subsequently from the developer. Either don’t sign them up for sales presentations or treat them nicely as they are your ambassadors for HGVC.

I have two questions for you experienced NYC HGVC owners. First, in light of this discussion about the W57 lounge vs. the midtown EL, would a diamond elite have access to that lounge with a non owner Residences stay? I assumed no. Second, for those who have points from W57 and another property titled the same, is it truly one bundle of points? Does that W57 ownership let you use all your combined points at W57 9 months in advance with lounge access or do you revert back to the 45 day window when the W57 specific points are used? My personal situation is I bought Vegas resale with the intent to mostly use W57. I enjoyed the lounge access until they restricted it but don’t really need more than my 7000 points and although I’ve considered a low point additional W57 purchase for opening the booking window and lounge access I haven’t bitten yet.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two questions for you experienced NYC HGVC owners. First, in light of this discussion about the W57 lounge vs. the midtown EL, would a diamond elite have access to that lounge with a non owner Residences stay? I assumed no. Second, for those who have points from W57 and another property titled the same, is it truly one bundle of points? Does that W57 ownership let you use all your combined points at W57 9 months in advance with lounge access or do you revert back to the 45 day window when the W57 specific points are used? My personal situation is I bought Vegas resale with the intent to mostly use W57. I enjoyed the lounge access until they restricted it but don’t really need more than my 7000 points and although I’ve considered a low point additional W57 purchase for opening the booking window and lounge access I haven’t bitten yet.

No EL on any HGVC stay, regardless of Diamond status. Unless you're asking about HGVC lounge (not clear with is "that lougde" in the above). Of course, the answer is still No :)
by Hilton Club (bHC) points (like all of New York locations and some others) are a separate bucket from regular HGVC points. The system know which are which. Used to be a pool, but that changed like 2 years ago.

Cheers,

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I like that the W57 lounge is only for owners. Keeps HOA fees low and avoids overcrowding. I am surprised one could tailgate into the lounge because they frequently have person stationed at the door with a list of owners. If tailgating becomes a problem, perhaps they could install a camera at the door and charge scammers on their bill for the meal. ;)

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@DazedandConfused I have to say that I am speechless that you think nothing of tailgating uninvited (twice), eat (or consider eating) food that other owners' have paid for, and then bash the experience.

But then again, I see you are not registered as a TUG member on your profile and haven't even paid $15 for that. Perhaps there is a pattern here...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Definitely inferior to international Diamond Lounges. Better than any (all?) domestic lounge I've been to. And leaps and bounds ahead of the EL at Midtown.

Of course, a good scam access is always worth the price :)

Cheers.

Yep, the price was right and I should not complain about free, but even the lounge at Midtown is kinda lame. I guess I loved the diamond lounge at the Hilton Tokyo so much, it really makes all the US locations look bad. But the Hilton Times Square served me a sit down breakfast with my Diamond status and it was very good. I stay at a ton of Hilton hotels and have been to several of the timeshares and actually enjoy this brand vs others. For the record, I think most domestic airport lounges are lame also, with the exception of the priority pass minute suites and the $30 free food credits at real restaurants while the international lounges are fantastic.

@DazedandConfused I have to say that I am speechless that you think nothing of tailgating uninvited (twice), eat (or consider eating) food that other owners' have paid for, and then bash the experience.

But then again, I see you are not registered as a TUG member on your profile and haven't even paid $15 for that. Perhaps there is a pattern here...

Hahahaha....I sorta expected some grilling at my stealth entrance, but I am just being truthful that I was expecting something much better and was simply disappointed. I am Diamond status and get access to the hotel lounges or certificates for real breakfast and they clearly did not offer that to me on my stay here and I was very curious about the quality of the lounge as I read so many positive reviews from Tuggers.

The first time I went (around 6pm or so), I had two chicken skewers and a diet coke and the second time (around 930am) I simply walked in, looked around and immediately left as nothing was appealing to me and went to 10 Columbus circle and enjoyed a fantastic breakfast at Bouchard. Perhaps I should send Hilton $5 for this, but even then it was not good and on future stays, I won't even waste my effort to revisit.

I am not hating on the W 57 lounge, but I simply see no value in it at all. When I was there, I estimate only 10 people were in the lounge and 2 people outside. If you find value in this, great and if you are considering buying this location due to the lounge, then I would say it is clearly not worth more than $5 or even $10 per visit, unless you put a few sodas in your bag to take to your room (not that I did that, of course).

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yep, the price was right and I should not complain about free, but even the lounge at Midtown is kinda lame. I guess I loved the diamond lounge at the Hilton Tokyo so much, it really makes all the US locations look bad. But the Hilton Times Square served me a sit down breakfast with my Diamond status and it was very good. I stay at a ton of Hilton hotels and have been to several of the timeshares and actually enjoy this brand vs others. For the record, I think most domestic airport lounges are lame also, with the exception of the priority pass minute suites and the $30 free food credits at real restaurants while the international lounges are fantastic.

The first time I went (around 6pm or so), I had two chicken skewers and a diet coke...Perhaps I should send Hilton $5 for this, but even then it was not good and on future stays, I won't even waste my effort to revisit.

... I would say it is clearly not worth more than $5 or even $10 per visit, unless you put a few sodas in your bag to take to your room .

LoL you must not pay for many meals in NYC. Nothing is less than $10. (Except for the hot dog carts)

Reaction score

I am a Hilton Diamond member and HGVC West 57 St did not grant me lounge access, but I was able to enter with no problems (some here will frown on my technique). When I was at the HGVC The Residences they allowed me to use the Hilton lounge on the first level. I booked both locations with my Las Vegas points within the 45 day window (on the first day of that window actually).

I personally think if your intention is to stay in NYC - then you need to own NYC. Las vegas points can easily be used, but you have to book hotel and air within 45 days and that can have slim pickings.

I looked a the Quinn but that seemed dated and small, although I did not see an actual room. It is directly across from W 57 St.

The brand new The Central at 5th by Hilton Club (near Rockefeller center) looks awesome but is not completed yet. I have no idea what pricing will be but can see that there will definately be demand for buying in there.

NYC is unique (like the ski resorts) as the points are expensive to buy and annual dues are high. Thus, they are best used for NYC to take advantage of the large booking window. It is generally a waste to use NYC points for las vegas or orlando.

I am super happy to use my cheapie Las Vegas points to stay in NYC, but realize that the prime dates are rarely available at 45 days.

To each their own. Probably little need for you to scam your way in again, then.

100% correct, unless they improve the lounge offerings ;)

Reaction score
LoL you must not pay for many meals in NYC. Nothing is less than $10. (Except for the hot dog carts)

I actually went to dinner at Hudson Yards and went to TAK Room, had awesome Ramen Noodles on 36 St, had an incredible breakfast at Bouchon (Columbus circle), slice of pizza from Joe's, and of course a hot dog from a Times Square vendor.

I even walked the entire High Line (totally awesome experience).

I have been an active tugger for a while and read tons of posts on how good the W 57 St owner lounge was, and was excited to take a peek inside and sample the offerings. I was just a little under impressed on the first visit, so I went back again to see if it improved and decided that this is not a feature that I would use (other than free soda in glass bottles). Both times I just got lucky that someone was either entering or exiting the lounge and held the door open for me. Nobody asked for my key or if I was a member and I did not see any signs that said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"

So my question is - was this typical or are there special times that has better food or drinks. What is the best things here that people rave about. I certainly did not see anything that would make me want to skip breakfast or lunch or dinner at the thousands of awesome NYC restaurants.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I even walked the entire High Line (totally awesome experience).

High Line is just about an every trip thing for us, 2-3 times a year. Very enjoyable, especially early.

So my question is - was this typical or are there special times that has better food or drinks. What is the best things here that people rave about. I certainly did not see anything that would make me want to skip breakfast or lunch or dinner at the thousands of awesome NYC restaurants.

Let's put things in perspective. First, this is not "raving." This is enjoying a very nice experience in an included timeshare lounge. I don't know of many places that have this. Nice breakfast when they have the quiches. Espresso and coffee. Reasonable hot items in the evening (no, not world class), nice cheese and fruit. Guac! :)

Brooklyn Lager is a mid-tier beer. The wine (the red, anyway, as I don't drink white) is also a medium tier.

It is certainly not comparable to most Hilton international ELs or most international Business and First airline lounges. But that's not what it's trying to be. If that's your standard of comparison then, yeah, it won't look as good.

But it still beats the snot out of the midtown EL :)

Cheers.

Reaction score
High Line is just about an every trip thing for us, 2-3 times a year. Very enjoyable, especially early.

Let's put things in perspective. First, this is not "raving." This is enjoying a very nice experience in an included timeshare lounge. I don't know of many places that have this. Nice breakfast when they have the quiches. Espresso and coffee. Reasonable hot items in the evening (no, not world class), nice cheese and fruit. Guac! :)

Brooklyn Lager is a mid-tier beer. The wine (the red, anyway, as I don't drink white) is also a medium tier.

It is certainly not comparable to most Hilton international ELs or most international Business and First airline lounges. But that's not what it's trying to be. If that's your standard of comparison then, yeah, it won't look as good.

But it still beats the snot out of the midtown EL :)

I am not a morning person, so I will never walk High Line early, but in the evening it was awesome. Perhaps one day I will be a morning person, but I doubt it. I personally thing the smart worms sleep in while the early worms get eaten by the early birds. Thus, the late risers are going to survive longer.

I personally loved the Midtown Residence club and would probably chose that over W 57 St, but would be happy to stay at either location via my cheap Las Vegas Points. I definitely see how some people may not like the midtown location due to the hotel guest crowds, but it does not bother me. The Quinn will be even more intimate than W 57 St

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@DazedandConfused It sounds like you don't mind crowds and impersonal interactions, so perhaps midtown is a better venue for you. West 57th has a private NYC fractional residence close to Central Park quietly upscale vibe, and the lounge fits that model. FWIW we were told by staff and HGVC sales that more affluent owners tend to prefer W57 over the other locations for this vibe. The Quin across the street will be designed fit that model too. Plus the staff remembers us and welcomes us back. It's like coming to a second home.

Some people feel it is too quiet, too small and don't like it. If everyone liked the same thing we would only have vanilla ice cream. Midtown Diamond is like a major cruise ship and W57 is like a Tradewinds yacht - you are not going to get that midnight buffet on Tradewinds but you get other benefits the cruise ship cannot provide to the masses.

I enjoy the additional space the lounge provides and the social interaction with other owners and staff for tips on shows, attractions to see, and restaurants. Having a second place to sit and talk, read or work is a big plus. I can't envision sitting in the Diamond lounge at midtown for anything but a meal - it's too busy. Maybe the owners lounges at HCNY and Residences are better than the Diamond Lounge for relaxing. However the food will be the same as W57.

Yes, a full bar would be nice, however I prefer to keep MF manageable and not subsidize others. We can go around the corner for a cocktail afterward if desired. It is NYC after all.

Central at 5th is a cookie cutter design of W57 building except for the location, and there will be retail on the ground floor.

P.S. check out the Halal carts across the street from midtown. $8 a platter for gyro and grilled chicken in a tzaziki-like sauce, it's no wonder there are always lines.

Last edited:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
To DazedandConfused, is the first floor lounge at the midtown Residence Club the actual Hilton Midtown hotel lounge? Is that the reason why you were allowed to use it, because you are diamond level with the hotel side? I am not familiar with the various lounges that are available at that property (except the original Hilton Club timeshare lounge).

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
The Residences has it's own lounge on the main floor of The Residences (44 I believe).

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I think CalGalTraveler does an excellent job of explaining the appeal of the W 57th St lounge. The food is one part but the staff and guest interactions and the outdoor space are a huge part. Doria, the lounge manager, makes every person feel as if she has been just waiting for their return.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
The Residences has it's own lounge on the main floor of The Residences (44 I believe).
Thanks! So there is a Residences lounge, a Hilton Club lounge, and a regular Hilton Lounge for Diamond members or Club level reservations? Sounds like DazedandConfused got into the hotel lounge as a Diamond member while staying at The Residences.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks! So there is a Residences lounge, a Hilton Club lounge, and a regular Hilton Lounge for Diamond members or Club level reservations? Sounds like the OP got into the hotel lounge as a Diamond member while staying at The Residences.

LoL, perhaps he tailgated into the Diamond lounge too!