• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Westin Aventuras Resale on Ebay?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That doesn't make sense. How is Aventuras in line with SVV MF payments? I imagine they are a lot higher, which is one of the reasons that trust is not attractive to own.
Our 81,000 2BR SVV Bella week 2019 MF was $1,181.12. When you add the $145 VSN fee it comes to $1,326.12. According to the eBay listing (which could be wrong), the MF on the 81,000 Aventuras Options was $1,235. Hard to tell if that amount included a VSN fee or not. Sometimes listings will include it and sometimes it won't. Either way, it is less than a 2BR 81,000 SVV week.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at the notes taken at the meeting I had at WLR last year, for 81,000 Aventuras Options the MF were $1237, SVN fees not included.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I looked at the notes taken at the meeting I had at WLR last year, for 81,000 Aventuras Options the MF were $1237, SVN fees not included.
If you want to go to only the resorts that is in the Aventuras collection the extra $60 may be worth it to book 12 months out. Especially during event weeks.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to go to only the resorts that is in the Aventuras collection the extra $60 may be worth it to book 12 months out. Especially during event weeks.
that is true if compared with SVV Bella. The weeks (only WLR) are still more economical. By the way, is there any evidence concerning the ability to book 51 and 52 at Lagunamar with WA?

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you buy that from the developer?!?!? I can't imagine the MF on that amount of points.

We did buy from the developer - However, we did it to requalify a resale Nanea oceanfront 3 bedroom, and traded a week we bought (intentionally) off of Ebay for $1.00 (approx) in for this purchase. The trade in week took 32k off the retail price of 60K to bring in approx 28K of "new money". This also requalified our Nanea week and made us 4 star elite.

Works for us, but we only book Cabo (so far) event weeks (which if we don't book 12 months out, literally - are gone).

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
For some reason I can't believe that the yearly maintenance fees in the Westin Adventuras flex won't go up. It seems that all the Flex programs have higher fees than the resorts in the Star Option program.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can't believe that the yearly maintenance fees in the Westin Adventuras flex won't go up. It seems that all the Flex programs have higher fees than the resorts in the Star Option program.
Besides the MF of the underlying resorts, the mix between red and white weeks in the trust plays a big role: the more white season the higher the MF per trust point since the low season contributes with fewer points but the MF are the same as high season. WA is kind of ideal since it has 2 new resorts (soon they will add a 3rd) so there is probably a good ratio of platinum/gold than in other trusts.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
that is true if compared with SVV Bella. The weeks (only WLR) are still more economical. By the way, is there any evidence concerning the ability to book 51 and 52 at Lagunamar with WA?
Is it really though? At least with Bella you can use star options at all resorts. I’d pay the extra 100 or so just for that option! Never mind, I thought you meant flex is better. I read fast, correct WLR weeks ownership is.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The MF aren't that cheap. They may be inline with SVV, but they are way more expensive than what a WLR Plat+ owner would be paying for the same number of points.

jackball

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Don’t you always get the most bang for your buck owning the peak season? If one is paying MF of $1,235 at WLR for 81,000 options, that extrapolates to $2,258 for 148,100 options. I’m sure platinum owners pay less than that, but I would be curious to know how much. If someone really wants to go to Mexico, maybe not a bad pickup for only $1. But I doubt it would not pass ROFR. Of course you could buy into SVV for cheap, but MF may be similar. WKV would be better, but has a more significant purchase price. All I’m saying is not necessarily a horrible deal if you love Mexico. If you live anywhere in the southern US it is an easy flight to an amazing beach.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may actually have a a good chance to pass ROFR. Steve Weiss (CEO MVW ) mentioned they have few years worth of inventory (until they sell out). If they have enough inventory and they will have to pay for the MF without a good chance to rent it, they will not ROFR at this moment.

Last edited: