• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I’m in Hawaii now

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
You both may enjoy it- at least a little- and knowing it isn't permanent.. We like having our 'city place' and our 'country house'.

I probably missed it, Jeff, but when do you have to report for work?
Oh, and if you buy in advance, how much is a round trip to Molokai (thinking longish weekends)?

Jim

Round trip is $110 on the small planes and about $160 on Hawaiian.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got the news, we are all approved and we got it. I just have to stop at the bank of Hawaii and get a cashiers check for the first months rent and then I will get the keys this afternoon. :thumbup:

That one is a huge load off my mind. It was harder than I thought finding something. Parking was always a big issue. That one was non-negotiable for me. Then this has a lot of pluses I didn’t think we would get so I am happy. And I didn’t even have to settle for a studio. Having a bedroom will be nice.

I’ll check it out tonight and shop for some things tomorrow. I’m actually glad the first one fell through now. :)

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those are *amazing* views, and I think you will be much happier in a one bedroom than in a studio (a little privacy every once in a while is a good thing!) So excited for you! Living the dream! :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those are *amazing* views, and I think you will be much happier in a one bedroom than in a studio (a little privacy every once in a while is a good thing!) So excited for you! Living the dream! :D

Thank You!

Yes, exactly my thoughts. Plus the common areas are large and a good place to go also.

Never thought I would get a view either. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That’s great news, Jeff! Living on the 26th floor will be a challenge, but it’s only 18 months. You can do this!

Now you’ll need one of those baskets on wheels to haul your groceries and stuff from the car.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s great news, Jeff! Living on the 26th floor will be a challenge, but it’s only 18 months. You can do this!

Now you’ll need one of those baskets on wheels to haul your groceries and stuff from the car.
I kinda thought that too. We bought a little 'platform truck' about 20" X 30" at Harbor Freight that we keep at the downtown condo.
This: $30 and it folds more-or less flat and is more sturdy and 'manly' than those grocery baskets.
68895_W3.jpg

Granted, ours is just on the 3rd floor, not the 28th (Sheesh, I'd get a nosebleed!) but an elevator ride is an elevator ride.

Oops, no Harbor Freight in Hawaii. Stay tuned.

Jim

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Dave

The elevators are fast and we probably will get a cart. Not a problem and it’s all covered so I won’t have to worry about rain. They had a lower unit but I like the views and it quiet.

I have more like 70 months of work. We’ll see how we’re doing after a year here and go from there. I think it will be easier for my wife to get used to it here in this location. :thumbup:

My wife would have had 18 months had she kept working.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I kinda thought that too. We bought a little 'platform truck' about 20" X 30" at Harbor Freight that we keep at the downtown condo.
This: $30 and it folds more-or less flat and is more sturdy and 'manly' than those grocery baskets.
68895_W3.jpg

Granted, ours is just on the 3rd floor, not the 28th (Sheesh, I'd get a nosebleed!) but an elevator ride is an elevator ride.

Oops, no Harbor Freight in Hawaii. Stay tuned.

Jim

That’s about what I was thinking or something similar.

I was thinking the same about the elevator ride. It’s not that much longer to get to the 26th floor.

Reactions: Xan

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s about what I was thinking or something similar.

I was thinking the same about the elevator ride. It’s not that much longer to get to the 26th floor.
Amazon has the same thing as H.F. but for $10 more.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I mentioned the basket thing so your wife could take it with her when she goes out. A flatbed will surely be nice at home, but not convenient to take shopping with you.

70 months is a bit more than 18. Sorry, got things switched around. But that isn't that long, either. It's not as if you'll be shoveling snow or anything. And think of the money you'll save on airfare! LOL!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I mentioned the basket thing so your wife could take it with her when she goes out. A flatbed will surely be nice at home, but not convenient to take shopping with you.

70 months is a bit more than 18. Sorry, got things switched around. But that isn't that long, either. It's not as if you'll be shoveling snow or anything. And think of the money you'll save on airfare! LOL!

Dave

You got it, that’s all true.

Yes, the flat bed will be nice for heavy groceries but a basket would be better for other things. My wife mentioned that too

We still have enough miles for three round trip tickets for both my wife and I. We’ll hold on to them, i’m Sure it will be awhile before we go back but we will. It won’t be in the winter either. :)

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, things are really moving along. I get my keys to the apartment in an hour and a half. Now I just got a call and my car can be picked up tomorrow at 10:30am. That’s a week earlier than they said. I’ll have to take an Uber there. Then I’ll take it to the apartment and walkover to the hotel so I can drive the rental car back so I can return it. That will save me a weeks rental so that’s good. Then I’ll have to walk back to the hotel. I may have to bring some stuff over to the condo today.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
"Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it." :D

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the flat bed will be nice for heavy groceries but a basket would be better for other things. My wife mentioned that too
We just use the flat cart inside the condo bldg from the car to the apartment. We use those folding hard sided boxes like this:
81Nm1aORvhL._AC_UL320_.jpg

to do shopping and to load on the flat cart. 2 or more fit quite solidly. we use these in lieu of luggage to move between homes. They have so many uses as to be indispensable.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just use the flat cart inside the condo bldg from the car to the apartment. We use those folding hard sided boxes like this:
81Nm1aORvhL._AC_UL320_.jpg

to do shopping and to load on the flat cart. 2 or more fit quite solidly. we use these in lieu of luggage to move between homes. They have so many uses as to be indispensable.

Those do look handy!!

Reactions: Xan

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jim, remember that Jeff's wife will be on foot when she leaves the apartment. She has back issues. I don't see her lugging heavy bags around town. A folding, wheeled cart wold be a great help to her during neighborhood shopping trips.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, remember that Jeff's wife will be on foot when she leaves the apartment. She has back issues. I don't see her lugging heavy bags around town. A folding, wheeled cart wold be a great help to her during neighborhood shopping trips.
Agreed. Many of the people who live in our downtown condo us them. The association used to have one of the canvas 4-wheeled ones (from Costco) that was marked 'Return to Garage' for people to take their stuff up to their apartments. It was stolen within a month. I think those wire 2 wheelers are too flimsy to last many trips, but I might be wrong. I had forgotten that Jeff's wife would be afoot running errands around the neighborhood, and the sturdy flatcar would be inappropriate for that. I have found it sturdy and very handy for moving furniture, workmen's (plumbers, carpet layers, painters, etc) toolboxes, you name it, up to the apartment from the parking levels.

It was just a suggestion and anecdote of what's worked in my (similar) situation.

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well I got the keys! I took a short video of our front view but I did a Facebook live. I’ll do another one and post it here. It was neat that when I looked out the window overlooking the canal and there was a double rainbow. The second one was weak but it was there.

07A96C32-4248-4A8C-BD02-6B5A0B37CF1E.jpeg
D58EF93D-9553-4034-A7C1-B1F127C16070.jpeg
7D99FC4F-87E0-48E2-9231-231463FE5111.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't know, Jeff. It's gonna be awful rough living there. LOL!

Congratulations on achieving another step toward your new life. It's getting real.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m celebrating the new condo at Dukes right now. I’m just eating casual outside today. I’ll save the nice dinner here for when my wife joins me in September. :thumbup:

6D027ED9-2D7C-4B57-BCF7-B7F453EFCD9E.jpeg
172FA84B-D7CC-4477-80D5-1AE1B30668E0.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had some calamari for pupu’s and Fish and Chips for dinner. With a Lava Flow of course.

7DFD3BF7-C802-4B16-AC3E-A4463E506102.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Had my days wrong in the car. I can pick it up on the 1st. I called to have the electric turned on and in my name. That will happen tomorrow.

Today I’m going to get two of my bags over to the apartment and do some laundry. This maybe my relax day. :thumbup:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I’m going to get two of my bags over to the apartment and do some laundry. This maybe my relax day. :thumbup:
How 'furnished' is the apartment? Dishes, linens, etc. kind of like a timeshare, or just furniture and the like? Washer/dryer, or a central laundry? Wi-fi, or do you have to get your own cable and/or router? Nosy, aren't I?

Last edited: