• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

40 years ago

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am scouring the house for memorabilia for our 40th wedding anniversary party next week. The kids asked for our wedding album. I have been looking for it for weeks. We moved two years ago and I knew it got to this house. Yesterday, I went through every container in the garage again. Hallelujah, the album surfaced!
Anyway, I also found the keepsake book with all the details on the engagement and wedding. Our honeymoon was in the Wisconsin Dells, and I always remembered I thought gas prices were ridiculous in that tourist area. I found a receipt. It was 1.01/gal. I guess I thought it was gouging by going over $1/gal compared to our home area.
Motel rooms ranged from $21 to $43 a night.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Congrats on your anniversary! Enjoy the party!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
@Patri , how beautiful and exciting, congratulations on your 40th.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Congrats! Enjoy yoir stroll down Memory Lane.

Richard

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, we are celebrating our 49th in a few weeks, and my husband took me to Wisconsin Dells fifty years ago, my first visit.
We have no wedding pictures. My mother in law, who hated to spend a nickel, took the roll of film that our friend shot, and said she would get them developed while we were on our honeymoon. When we got back, she had developed one set for herself, and kept them. When she moved I hoped she would pass them on, but no. When she passed away, I expected to find them, but apparently they were discarded.
Last year, her second husband’s son unearthed a very large box of slides, I estimate over a thousand. I went though them on a little slide reader, but nothing there, and only five pictures of my husband. Of the thousand or so slides, I found about fifty keepers, including three of his father, who died when my husband was in high school.
About nine hundred were scenery pictures, which has taught me a lesson.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Happy Anniversary! 40 years is quite an achievement!

Gas prices have always been a thing for me, too. I remember in the 60's, when my Stepdad managed a Texaco station, my brother and I pumped gas all day long on weekends. 19 cents a gallon. At the end of the day, if we'd taken in $500, it was a very busy day. (Full service, checking oil and washing windshields, too!)

In the mid-70s, I worked a second job at a gas station in Las Vegas. Customers complained gas was outrageous - 49 cents a gallon for Premium.

The other day I bought gas at Costco, and was surprised it was "only" $2.80 a gallon.

Times change. :)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Patri! Time flies when you're having fun! My DW and I have more than 40, but to other people. Good to stick with one rodeo. :)

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our party was Sunday. The kids did a fantastic job organizing it. They had RSVPs from 50, but set up extra seating. 59 people came.
After the meal and before the program, I put on my wedding dress. (I do that every five years to see if it fits). Our dear granddaughter, 7, happened to be in the bathroom when I was changing. She asked to carry my train.
Our kids each shared a memory. Four were funny. Then the youngest apologized for the 10 years of hell he put us through. He is the dad to that girl, on his second marriage to a wonderful young lady, and said he now gets what we had to deal with. I cried, DH cried, and he cried. It was his first sincere apology and he went public! We still have things to talk about in the years ahead, but I sure appreciated what he said.
We took family photos. People got to visit with DH, many of whom had not seen him since his stroke more than four years ago. It truly was a special day. If the kids (especially our daughter) had not taken this on, I would have sat at the assisted living facility that afternoon with DH, and told him, "Happy Anniversary." (I can no longer physically transport him anywhere. It takes two people.)
The celebration certainly gave me a high.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a healing and full circle experience for you!
We are looking at our 20th. I *know* I won't fit into my wedding dress. We had planned to go to Cancun on a Westin cheap-o deal, but now not so sure we can make it happen in time. Maybe we'll go out to dinner? (We've actually been together for 26 years...)

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Our party was Sunday. The kids did a fantastic job organizing it. They had RSVPs from 50, but set up extra seating. 59 people came.
After the meal and before the program, I put on my wedding dress. (I do that every five years to see if it fits). Our dear granddaughter, 7, happened to be in the bathroom when I was changing. She asked to carry my train.
Our kids each shared a memory. Four were funny. Then the youngest apologized for the 10 years of hell he put us through. He is the dad to that girl, on his second marriage to a wonderful young lady, and said he now gets what we had to deal with. I cried, DH cried, and he cried. It was his first sincere apology and he went public! We still have things to talk about in the years ahead, but I sure appreciated what he said.
We took family photos. People got to visit with DH, many of whom had not seen him since his stroke more than four years ago. It truly was a special day. If the kids (especially our daughter) had not taken this on, I would have sat at the assisted living facility that afternoon with DH, and told him, "Happy Anniversary." (I can no longer physically transport him anywhere. It takes two people.)
The celebration certainly gave me a high.
What a special day! So happy for you and DH.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Happy Anniversary! Great you can still fit into your wedding gown after 40 years!