• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website troubles continue

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I got a recorded phone call this morning apologizing for the issues this week, and advising me I could call in for assistance if needed.

I’m sure they will get everything ironed out eventually. They just need a bit of time to work the kinks out. I mean, it’s only been two years, right?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I had the same call. I tried the search I'd been doing (Branson) and it is now working. But, who knows, the resolution could very well be temporary or intermittent.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The map search has been messed up, only showing a handful of resorts. Most resorts have had the floor plans disappear. Region searches still don’t work right. It goes on and on.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a recorded phone call this morning apologizing for the issues this week, and advising me I could call in for assistance if needed.

I’m sure they will get everything ironed out eventually. They just need a bit of time to work the kinks out. I mean, it’s only been two years, right?
2-1/2 years but who's counting?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
How long has it been since Wyndham introduced Voyager? Things still are not working all the time?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2 1/2 years, and no.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Up until recently, I’ve very rarely had issues. I had some issues with booking Kingsgate and the lady said it was an ongoing issue that affected a few resorts. My guess is, they applied a fix and it broke some things. Or it could have been an enchantment. No idea why it wouldn’t be rolled back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This site may look good when the next one is rolled out.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ok this is a new one for me. The detailed inventory available page shows no inventory, but when you do a search it actually finds a unit.

Now that does not make sense to me.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok this is a new one for me. The detailed inventory available page shows no inventory, but when you do a search it actually finds a unit.

I have to believe the next OWNER UPDATE update will cure this.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Not new, just not something you wouldn't typically notice. I'd say it's been going on about a month (at least) now. I used to use the detailed inventory available page, but now I also search for my dates from the main page. I did find a 4BR Presidential at Bonnet Creek in July thanks to this issue, so I was a little reluctant to report it :) It wasn't showing on the detailed inventory page. I was able to duplicate the issue and had time to call in on July 16th, the VC could duplicate it as well and put in a ticket, FWIW.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/wyn-searches-not-working-properly.292379/

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Up until recently, I’ve very rarely had issues. I had some issues with booking Kingsgate and the lady said it was an ongoing issue that affected a few resorts. My guess is, they applied a fix and it broke some things. Or it could have been an enchantment. No idea why it wouldn’t be rolled back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say, it has at least been up more consistently. There are issues that have never been fixed and we've learned to live with them. Things seem to come back around, I question how they manage their source code. You think they've ever rolled anything back? I don't see any evidence of that. They break something and we live with it until they get it fixed. Sometimes we limp along for a long time. The current issue with searches is a great example.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I would say, it has at least been up more consistently. There are issues that have never been fixed and we've learned to live with them. Things seem to come back around, I question how they manage their source code. You think they've ever rolled anything back? I don't see any evidence of that. They break something and we live with it until they get it fixed. Sometimes we limp along for a long time. The current issue with searches is a great example.

Unfortunately I think their change management processes are either broken or not even being used. When I first started my previous job, a planned release would go something like this:

1. Tell some people changes are happening. Most of the time a vague message that doesn’t make it to all the stakeholders that need to know.

2. Shut down the services to the application on the servers.

3. Get a call or two from the IT operations center telling us that we have services down on our servers. They were not include in the vague email.

4. Start running scripts, file copies, blah blah blah.

5. Five things break during deployment. Spend two hours trying to find the cause.

6. Find out the cause was either:

A. There was a change on a downstream process that we were never told about, and when we applied our change, it broke.

B. Missing or incomplete steps in the migration plan

C. Someone forgot to label their code, or provided an old copy of a file to be migrated

D. Wasn’t even tested in the stage environment before deploying. Turns out it didn’t work there either when we did deploy to stage.

E. It was labeled to be migrated, but wasn’t actually ready to be migrated.

F. There was never any testing done and no one bothered to check to make sure it worked in stage, before moving it to prod.

7. Apply “fixes” two hours later or try to roll back, assuming they had an actual roll back plan to begin with.

If this sounds like it total cluster, you would be correct. If you think that was a small or mid size company, you would be incorrect. It was a multi billion dollar company who has interests all over the world. It is a Fortune 100 company with over 33k employees that grossed $36 billion last year. Wyndham (a Fortune 500) only grossed $4.6 billion. So my old employer who grossed 9 times what Wyndham pulled in, some how managed to limp along with the “Wild West” style change management. So it doesn’t surprise me that a smaller company, with fewer resources would struggle.

They need to hire some change management experts and get better processes in there. I wasn’t a change management expert, but with the help of the change management team, I was able to get some change processes in place that reduced the risks of failure greatly and we had a lot less down time. We saved money and our sanity when things were not breaking at 3 in morning. I wasn’t going to go to the owner meeting in Austin, but recently I’ve started changing my mind. I might bring this up if I go.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Oh wow, I missed the announcement about the owners meeting. I hope I can make it, for sure I will try. Just saw your other posting. Thanks!!!

I work as a BA/QA on a DevOps team. We have done an amazing job streamlining our release process, including using Microsoft Release Manager. It's pretty awesome having pretty much everything about the release automated. I do still insist on prod validation. I still have to explain we are not doing functional validation during a deployment. But proud of the fact we have a better release process and system stability than Wyndham :) It takes time to mature, but Wyndham is unacceptable to me. The forge ahead mentality is beyond frustrating.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Perhaps Wyndham should pay the money and hire some qualified Coders and IT types that know what they are doing. But these folks would probably have to spend 3 to 6 months just trying to learn and understand what Wyndham did.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Wyndham should pay the money and hire some qualified Coders and IT types that know what they are doing. But these folks would probably have to spend 3 to 6 months just trying to learn and understand what Wyndham did.
This can all be resolved with a owners update and a large developer purchase of points.. Just think of it as your contribution to Wyndham's website struggles.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Here's something you'll likely never notice, lol.

More search issues. I was on the phone with my sister last night, helping her book a room. She has her own login. She was not seeing the same inventory as I was. This was at Midtown. Both of us searching using our own logins. Just searching, not in the booking process - she could see a 1 Bedroom Deluxe, I could see a hotel room and a 1 Bedroom Deluxe - accessible unit. Depending on how I was searching, I would see 1 room or 2 rooms or no rooms. Eventually I saw the hotel room and the 1 BR Deluxe and was able to book the hotel room and upgrade it to the 1 BR Deluxe.

My original intent was to teach her how to upgrade when booking, but since things were appearing and disappearing randomly, once I saw the right stuff, I booked it.

I'm fairly certain at least some of the search issues have to do with accessible units. Also fairly certain changes were introduced in early July that made things worse.

Sidenote on upgrades -- The hotel room does not upgrade to a 1 BR Deluxe - accessible unit. My gripe at least a year ago - seems discriminatory to someone who needs to book an accessible unit - no upgrade for them - they have to book at higher points.

I hate to throw in the towel, but I don't have any confidence WYN will ever fix this kind of stuff. They've only made things worse. And now privileges is coming? I don't know what we can do to get Wyndham to fix things. I have called an put tickets in on things I post here. They don't give us ticket numbers so you can't follow up. No accountability on WYN's side.

At this point, if I search and I don't see what I want, I search every way I can think of (accessible, non-accessible, from the main menu, from the calendar). And sometimes I get lucky.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Upgrades used to be offered at Emerald Grand. It appears they are now not. Is this a website glitch or new BS?

The description page still indicated that VIP Benefits apply.

Anyone else with this same issue?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I was told during a visit there that an upgrade to a presidential unit wouldn't happen. Don't recall what was the reason -- different HOAs maybe if that makes sense. Maybe three years ago, I got a 1BR upgraded to a 3BR (not sure which variety of 3BR).

Since I am at zero points available, I haven't looked in a while but upgrades from 3BR Pool View to 3BR Harbor view have been available earlier this year. Never took the upgrade because I think Pool View is a better view.

If you are addressing something that changed in the last month or two, I wouldn't know about it.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got to be yet another computer glitch. Had same thing today for a Bonnet Creek reservation. Booked at 55 days. One bedroom. Two bedroom available. Website wouldn’t upgrade it or offer to upgrade if one comes available.

So frustrating. Wyndham IT department stinks.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I put a call into Wyndham, got transferred to the wrong department. Idiots. They transferred me to a line that only the agents call into. That rep said how did you get to this number, duh, someone transferred me.

I had to call back and start over again with yet another VC.

It says right on the resort page that VIP Benefits apply, at first they are trying to tell me that VIP upgrades do NOT apply. Then they back peddle. Then they tell me the system will upgrade me if an unit is available, and I can't know that. I then tell them I have yet to book the unit, I am looking for an instant upgrade. So are they willing to FIX the broken for me by booking the larger unit. Not even trying to upgrade to a Presidential, just to a larger unit that is available.

Now they tell me they can't work around the broken system, if the system won't offer an upgrade that is available, then they can't either.

Just use the points for the unit you want and don't receive an upgrade is their response. They just don't get it do they.

Why do I want to pay points for something that I am suppose to get for Free. Annoying.

I have an IT ticket it and likely NO resolution that I am happy with since I want to make a booking and WANT the upgrade.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I think something happened early July that has made things worse than ever. Harder to reproduce, even harder to explain to someone and have them care. I can't imagine IT understanding or fixing some of the things we are seeing today.

In the past when an upgrade didn't happen that should, I've able to get a VC - actually Owner Care - to credit the difference in points. I've also had them not do it. One time they said they'd credit the difference in points but not comp the guest certificate - their error but not willing to fully correct the issue. And, of course, what we all want is a system that works correctly and doesn't require hours of calls to maybe get a specific incident corrected.

I wish when they entered an IT ticket we were given a number and could follow up. Or when they change things, they'd announce some type of release notes/enhancements. If WYN cared about making things better, they would.

Beyond frustrating, I just don't what we can do :-(

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here's something you'll likely never notice, lol.
More search issues. I was on the phone with my sister last night, helping her book a room. She has her own login. She was not seeing the same inventory as I was. This was at Midtown. Both of us searching using our own logins. Just searching, not in the booking process - she could see a 1 Bedroom Deluxe, I could see a hotel room and a 1 Bedroom Deluxe - accessible unit. Depending on how I was searching, I would see 1 room or 2 rooms or no rooms. Eventually I saw the hotel room and the 1 BR Deluxe and was able to book the hotel room and upgrade it to the 1 BR Deluxe.

The second anyone else hits Book against a unit, you no longer see it in your NEXT screen refresh. They have a 15 min hold or they can cancel that unit, and then on your next refresh, the unit appears again in inventory. So have you tried doing your searches at exactly the same time, like trying to coordinate it. Any timing that is off could produce different results if someone else is actively looking and selecting book on a item in inventory. My guess is that it is not broken but your refresh of the search results it not exactly the same time, thus it might be different.

This especially would impact Midtown, where last minute booking and looking happens frequently.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The second anyone else hits Book against a unit, you no longer see it in your NEXT screen refresh. They have a 15 min hold or they can cancel that unit, and then on your next refresh, the unit appears again in inventory. So have you tried doing your searches at exactly the same time, like trying to coordinate it. Any timing that is off could produce different results if someone else is actively looking and selecting book on a item in inventory. My guess is that it is not broken but your refresh of the search results it not exactly the same time, thus it might be different.

This especially would impact Midtown, where last minute booking and looking happens frequently.
I don't think they had selected to book a unit, I hadn't. We were both searching so it shouldn't have tied anything up. But you never know (what you said makes sense, but I specifically said not to (it's my sister and she usually listens to me :)).

For sure the difference in what showed using the search from the home page showed different results than using the calendar search. That I've seen several times and there is no reasonable explanation.

I notice the accessibility filter is set sometimes even though I have not selected it. I still say the accessibility filtering has something to do with the incorrect searches I am seeing.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think they had selected to book a unit, I hadn't. We were both searching so it shouldn't have tied anything up. But you never know (what you said makes sense, but I specifically said not to (it's my sister and she usually listens to me :)).

Yes but someone ELSE could have. You would have NO idea about that. Do you think you are the only 2 people out of 500000 members (or whatever that number is) that are looking at Midtown.