• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vista Encantada Spa Resort and Residences

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into a trade into this resort next February but can only find limited information on the property. There are no TUG reviews, nor any on rip Advisor. Just wondering if any TUG members have experienced this resort as yet. II lists it as a "new member resort" but, in my experience, that could be either brand new, a hotel conversion or what have you. Just trying to do my due diligence.

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Judging by their facebook page, the resort is not open yet. Website is pretty empty, it shows renderings only, no actual photos. Also, it's unclear where exactly it's located. They dumped a lot of inventory to II a couple of weeks ago, 1br, 2br, 3br, almost every week is available for exchange, but not available on ACs or as getaways.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
. Also, it's unclear where exactly it's located.
When you click on the first website linked for Vista Encantada and google the address listed at the bottom of the page, this map comes up for Hacienda Encantada https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...7!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d22.9028039!4d-109.8462127

You can zoom in and click on the satellite version and it looks like a finished resort. The timeshare part might be a section of a bigger property with hotel and residences.

When googling the address for the property shown in the Expedia listing above,https://www.expedia.com/Los-Cabos-H...Resort-Residences.h37878452.Hotel-Information there's a different location. So it seems like a mystery exactly where it is! The other website shows that it's part of a hotel group that also includes Marina Fiesta and Hacienda Encantada.

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
When you click on the first website linked for Vista Encantada and google the address listed at the bottom of the page, this map comes up for Hacienda Encantada https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...7!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d22.9028039!4d-109.8462127

You can zoom in and click on the satellite version and it looks like a finished resort. The timeshare part might be a section of a bigger property with hotel and residences.

No, that's Hacienda Encantada. Different timeshare. Maybe Hacienda Encantada and Vista Encantada are located at the same place, maybe not. It's not clear from the website. I could not find an exact location for Vista Encantada anywhere.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
No, that's Hacienda Encantada. Different timeshare. Maybe Hacienda Encantada and Vista Encantada are located at the same place, maybe not. It's not clear from the website. I could not find an exact location for Vista Encantada anywhere.
Maybe they are Like VIdanta - the NV property has Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss, and various levels of Grand Luxxe and now the resorts affiliated with the Park. Riviera Maya has Mayan Palace, Bliss, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss and Grand Luuxe on the same property. Acapulco and Puerto Penasco both have MP & GM on their property.

Flasher42

Reaction score
I messaged them. Here is their response

thank you for contacting us, regarding your questions, Vista Encantada is next to Hacienda Encantada, located on a cliff, as a guest you have access to a none swimmable beach and take the sun from the ocean-front long chairs situated at the hill of Hacienda Encantada.

Vista Encantada has a rooftop pool with a 360° view to Cabo San Lucas, and we have a shuttle that travels from Vista Encantada to our sister property Marina Fiesta Resort, every 2 hours, and have a cost of 10 USD per person round trip.

On-site we count with 10 restaurants. We have 2 plans European plan and our Dine Out Privilege plan, which include all our F&B services like Los Riscos, Mestizo Restaurant, Juice Bar, Las Marías Breakfast Restaurant, Las Trajineras Restaurant, El Eden Tequila & Taco bar, and our restaurants from the Golden Zone Cabo located in la Marina of Cabo San Lucas. If you book via interval, you can choose one of both plans.

If you have any more question, please don't hesitate in contacting us to our CSR Toll-Free number 1 877 319 5080, our customer service representatives will provide you with more information.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting! Mystery of location is solved.
Well, it looks great. We're going to go for it. I reserved a 3 bedroom unit and will report once we've had the experience.
The meal plan is optional according to the reservation information.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into a trade into this resort next February but can only find limited information on the property. There are no TUG reviews, nor any on rip Advisor. Just wondering if any TUG members have experienced this resort as yet. II lists it as a "new member resort" but, in my experience, that could be either brand new, a hotel conversion or what have you. Just trying to do my due diligence.

Let's hope it's open by then, LOL! I also booked for Feb for some friends of mine.
Scheduled to open Nov/Dec. 2019, but you know how things move in Mexico (and other parts of the US even).

I'm a little worried because I just read the inmexico link that was published in Oct (?) 2018 that said it was opening Spring of 2019. Well now it's Dec. 2019 supposedly that it'll open.....

Last edited:

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's hope it's open by then, LOL! I also booked for Feb for some friends of mine.
Scheduled to open Nov/Dec. 2019, but you know how things move in Mexico (and other parts of the US even).

I'm a little worried because I just read the inmexico link that was published in Oct (?) 2018 that said it was opening Spring of 2019. Well now it's Dec. 2019 supposedly that it'll open.....
My concern exactly. Prior to completing the booking, I contacted the resort and was "assured" that 3 bedroom units that I was planning on booking were already complete. I sure hope so because we now have flights booked! Fingers, toes and everything else possible are crossed.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
My concern exactly. Prior to completing the booking, I contacted the resort and was "assured" that 3 bedroom units that I was planning on booking were already complete. I sure hope so because we now have flights booked! Fingers, toes and everything else possible are crossed.

I'm hopeful since their website is taking bookings for 8/31/19.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
@Garry & @hurnik, please report back!! Doesn’t seem bad as an exchange but seems insane for getaways! I’m loving the private plunge pools ;)

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will post a review when our week ends next Saturday. Had read many reviews on Trip Advisor, most of which raved about this place. From first impressions, I have to agree. I will try to answer questions, if you have any.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you at the Residences?

Vista Encantada Spa Resort & Residences
Cabo San Lucas , MEXICO
VTE

I've been so tempted to book one of the 3 or 4BR suites there for a girlfriends getaway. The resort looks beautiful! What do you think of the location?

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you at the Residences?

Vista Encantada Spa Resort & Residences
Cabo San Lucas , MEXICO
VTE

I've been so tempted to book one of the 3 or 4BR suites there for a girlfriends getaway. The resort looks beautiful! What do you think of the location?
We are in a 3 bedroom unit on the 5th floor, looking northeasterly towards San Jose del Cabo. All 37 units have the same view. The location is very convenient to Cabo San Lucas, maybe a 10 minute drive to downtown. Both Costco and Walmart are clpser. The units are beautiful and are huge but oddly, there is no dishwasher, no oven - only a cooktop, and a 4 cup coffee maker, 4 VERY small cups. We went and bought a 12 cupper at Walmart for $20. Quality of the resort is similar to Vidanta NV, just not as many amenities. We are quite pleased with the exchange.

The Residences are in a different area of the resort.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
So my friends got back this weekend. They enjoyed the "hard" product (ie, the physical buildings, pools, etc.) I will say food (on-site restaurants) were a tad on the pricey side. $10 (assuming 20:1 exchange rate) for a drink. (not beer, mixed drink). Ouch. Although I don't recall what we paid for stuff when we were at Hacienda del Mar.

They were in a 2 BR that was right below the pool that's on top of the building (not sure what building it is/was). They said very quiet, although apparently there was a storage room above theirs and sometimes the staff would need to move things around at odd times (like 4 a.m.) and they could hear that, but she said only a few times that happened. Otherwise, very quiet rooms.

They had one day where it rained and so all the pools and I think all but 1 or 2 restaurants were closed (I guess the majority of things are "outdoor"). Whilst I know that Cabo doesn't get much rain I'm a bit surprised that they don't have their restaurants covered so that if it does rain they can remain open.

But they had a great time and saw LOTS of whales (even close up). Their butler (yes, they got a butler!!!) played cards with them and told them that Walmart delivers groceries for $5. Quite a deal, IMO.

I'd definitely give it a try, although tempted to stay at their Marina location as it's closer to downtown.
But then again it'll give me lots of reasons to repeat visit to Cabo and stay at different resorts. Would also like to try Solaz and the Vidanta one (just because Vidanta is closer to the smaller town and you get more cultural experiences)

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Thanks @hurnik !!! Butler!?!?!?!?! Oh I'm totally going to take my swanky husband here haha! He would love this stuff! This is literally my next II exchange (exchange only though, these getaways are INSANE!!!). Could you ask your friends if maybe there's a part of the property they wished they had been at instead (so that I would request, if possible, to be in the "nicer" part).

Last edited:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
One more comment: I see this as a Shortstay Exchange available in July & August ;) will report back if I end up booking this and checking it out!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @hurnik !!! Butler!?!?!?!?! Oh I'm totally going to take my swanky husband here haha! He would love this stuff! This is literally my next II exchange (exchange only though, these getaways are INSANE!!!). Could you ask your friends if maybe there's a part of the property they wished they had been at instead (so that I would request, if possible, to be in the "nicer" part).

This is what she said:

Resort was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Room was Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Food was ok. There was nothing that I was like man that was good will have to have that again. Kind of a more upscale food type place and that just isn’t me. So for some hoity-toity they might like it but a little too rich for my taste and wallet. LOL!

Portion sizes were a little on the smaller size as well. Didn’t have too many drinks all week and lets just say the few I had I felt nothing. LOL! Staff was great, especially our butler. I mean he didn’t cook or do our laundry was just basically a personal info center but very helpful. He played cards with us a couple of nights and was very friendly. Gives you his phone number and you can text or call with any issues. No extra charge for his services but a end of week we tipped him well.

Our room was under the storage area under to pool. So at all hours they were in there doing things so sometimes it woke you up if it was during sleep time. But other that that we heard nothing.

It is connected to the Hacienda Encantada by a driveway and lobby. They share same drive but lobby and rooms on opposite sides. Whenever we were asked by someone where we were staying and we said Vista Encantada they were all like “oh you fancy”! LOL! Rooms have washer and dryer units. Starbucks in the lobby. Can see whales from balcony all week.

All in all I would stay there again but go buy groceries for the most part.

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
We booked a 2bedroom here in Feb 2021. They emailed me and offered the all inclusive meal plan for $135 pp per day. This also includes shuttle to/from town.
We normally don’t do AIs but this seems like a good deal. Am I missing something ? Would love to hear from folks that did AI plan here. Thanks !

Garry

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what she said:

Resort was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Room was Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Food was ok. There was nothing that I was like man that was good will have to have that again. Kind of a more upscale food type place and that just isn’t me. So for some hoity-toity they might like it but a little too rich for my taste and wallet. LOL!

Portion sizes were a little on the smaller size as well. Didn’t have too many drinks all week and lets just say the few I had I felt nothing. LOL! Staff was great, especially our butler. I mean he didn’t cook or do our laundry was just basically a personal info center but very helpful. He played cards with us a couple of nights and was very friendly. Gives you his phone number and you can text or call with any issues. No extra charge for his services but a end of week we tipped him well.

Our room was under the storage area under to pool. So at all hours they were in there doing things so sometimes it woke you up if it was during sleep time. But other that that we heard nothing.

It is connected to the Hacienda Encantada by a driveway and lobby. They share same drive but lobby and rooms on opposite sides. Whenever we were asked by someone where we were staying and we said Vista Encantada they were all like “oh you fancy”! LOL! Rooms have washer and dryer units. Starbucks in the lobby. Can see whales from balcony all week.

All in all I would stay there again but go buy groceries for the most part.
Actually, the helpful person you describe is a concierge and not a butler. They are great at what they do and that is to assist you however they can - they are a fountain of useful information like places to go, make dinner reservations for you, local history, medical advisory, shopping, etc., etc. We found our fellow, Omar, to be an essential part of our week's enjoyment because of his advisory services.