• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco - I'm blaming TUG, Episode 2

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It was me this time and I can no longer tease my husband.

My husband I are at our son's in Ohio now and we are all headed up to Wyndham Glacier Canyon in the Wisconsin Dells next weekend for a 9 night stay. We wanted to go to Costco to get stuff to take with us and to stock our son and his family up again. Yesterday afternoon I gave my husband the choice of staying at their house and taking our 3 and 7 year old granddaughters to the pool or taking our son and this time our DIL too to Costco. Our son really wanted her to go to see what all they have as she has never been to Costco. They've talked about getting their own membership.

So here we are at Costco. We're done getting fresh fruits and vegetables and bakery items and are working on the meats. Our son is putting two packages of the organic ground beef that comes in three individual pound sections into the cart knowing they still have a pound or maybe two left from my husband's Costco shopping excursion with him back in April when my husband was here by himself. Our DIL very quietly said our son's name remonstrating him for taking advantage of the fact that I'm paying. He then had her go get two packages of the apple gouda chicken sausages. BTW we all like them and our granddaughters really like them. She is standing by the cart hesitating to put them in because she she is feeling uncomfortable about being greedy. Both our son and I at the same time tell her put them in the cart.

By the time we're finally done with the meat area our son says I'm going to outdo my husband's total. Our son does their shopping and he is very good at mentally keeping track of what he's spending as he goes along. I play innocent and ask if he really thinks so. He just laughs and keeps moving on to laundry products and paper goods. Before we joined Costco our son and I would do a big shopping at Aldi's. So he knows how I shop. If it's something they use a lot of or really like I always tell him to get more than one. Sometimes I would have him make me up a list and go by myself. Although you wouldn't think it's possible I do more damage on my own than when he is with me. When he grabbed a second package of toilet paper our DIL again said something to him. At that point I sent him off to get a second cart as our first one was at max capacity and there is no room for a second big thing of toilet paper. When we were getting the juice boxes that have my seal of approval for their girls I opened my mouth to tell him to get a second package of them and before I could say anything our son said "I know Mom, I'm getting a second one." Our DIL just looked at both of us and I'm sure was thinking that I was going to be upset at check out when I saw the total. And we hadn't even gotten to the frozen, dairy, dry, canned and packaged goods aisles yet. Our DIL was really stressed by the time we finished the frozen aisles so our son sent her to wait in the food court. After she left we laughed about her not understanding how the two of us shop together. My concern is if he has room in the refrigerator and freezer not how much I'm spending. I can and sometimes do fuss about what I'm spending but never for groceries.

Dave, the fish sticks you recommended when they were on sale was one of the things our son made sure to buy again. Something we haven't tried before is the frozen avocado chunks. I pointed them out to our son and he wanted to try them. I'm hoping we and he like them because it's always a challenge to have avocados at the right stage of ripeness when you want to use them and sometimes to use them up so you don't lose them if you buy several. Our DIL asked for more of the pot pies as they all liked them. They do what we do and make an extra chicken breast when we are cooking the chicken for another meal. The extra breast we cut up and put in the freezer to have extra meat to add to the pot pies when we serve them. We also add some peas to ours but they add mixed vegetables. The extra meat and vegetables make them a healthier convenience meal. When we were in the bakery section I added an apple pie to the cart. Our son asked if they were any good. I just gave him a duh look because I'm a known pie snob. The first thing he did after he and our DIL got everything unloaded and put away was try the pie. I heard him in the kitchen saying "Omg this is so good!" I also bought a bottle of the Kirkland Cabernet Sauvignon we had talked about trying sometime. The Apothic Red we get at our Costcos in Florida is $7.99 but in Ohio is $9.99 so I made the executive decision it would be a great time to buy the other wine we'd talked about trying because it is a bigger bottle for the same price. If anyone likes Nabisco Honey Graham Crackers a package of 4 boxes is on sale until the 28th of this month. Another item I bought them two of too. My husband said the sale price makes it an even better price than Aldi's. He is learning to pay more attention to prices since I've teased so much on TUG about his Costco shopping. He also says the Kirkland peanut butter is really good after trying it at our son's house. We haven't bought it for ourselves at home because they only have creamy and we prefer crunchy peanut butter.

Dave, if you remember I said our son bought the Kirkland protein bars. You said you didn't particularly care for them and I said our son probably liked them because he wasn't having to buy his own and none of the good brands are cheap. Free, when it is a more expensive item generally tastes real good, lol. We bought two more boxes this trip. He does like them and uses them for his workouts. He works out and even took a course to be certified to teach some classes at the Crossfit gym he goes belongs to. The nutritional content of the Kirkland protein bars is excellent and he likes the taste too.

Our DIL joined our son and I where we were standing just before check out line reviewing to make sure there wasn't anything else we still wanted to get. She had calmed down and gotten herself an acai granola sundae and gave us the last few bites. It was very good. I always like to look at clothes for the granddaughters when we go to Costco. I didn't see anything for them but I found shoes for my DIL. I knew she would like them and they looked and felt really comfortable. She is a teacher and is on her feet a lot. So while our son ran back to get two more things we wanted I had her try them on to make sure they fit okay. They did, she loves them and wore them last night for their date night. One of the women at the check out was wearing them and when she saw them on the conveyor belt said how comfortable they are with being on her feet at work. Trying to add a picture of them.

Both carts were full, top and bottom, which meant there was no room left for the last two things our son went back to get. So I gave our DIL the pie to hold to make room for them. Now we are checking out and the cashier has pretty much finished ringing up everything in the first cart and our son is helping unload the second one since the other worker is busy boxing and loading what has already been rung up. The cashier starts to tell him to stop and I say yes the second cart too, I'm paying for all of it. Our DIL who is still holding the pie pipes up with "And the pie too!" which just cracked up both my son and I and both of the workers too.

If you read the other I'm blaming TUG thread you know that I was shocked that my husband spent $541.40 on his Costco shopping trip with our son back in April. So how much did I spend. $675.43! If it's a competition I won! Our son is only 32 so proficient in the one handed texting the younger generations excel at. While our son was walking to the door pushing a fully loaded cart he managed to text my husband how much I spent. This is the thanks I get. I'm blaming my husband because the flat of fresh peaches and wine he requested were totally responsible for running the bill up that high! There were 67 items, and nothing over $20 so we did an amazing job. Their Sonata has a nice big trunk and even with the half of the back seat to use too my DIL and I still had stuff at our feet and in our laps.

As we are walking to the car our DIL says how insane the place was and she doesn't know how people can stand shopping there. By this time it is after 6pm on Sunday evening. Our son and I proceed to tell her that for a Costco it was really slow and that it wasn't bad at all. Both our son and I point out that none of the check out lines had more than 2 people waiting after the person who was currently being checked out. The person ahead of us was almost done when we got in line. We've seen the lines all 6, 8, 10 deep. She had to wait to see if we were teasing her or telling her the truth. I don't foresee a willing return visit to Costco for her.

20190722_044658.jpg

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Tug needs a "Love" button. :)

Jan, you're my hero! And I sure wish you were MY Mom! Your generosity to your son and DIL is wonderful. Getting them food they'll want and like, and at the same time making it a fun process, is what it's supposed to be all about. Yes, you'll use a lot of what you bought for your 9-night stay in the Dells, but overall, how much will you save by feeding your family at home? Probably easily as much as you spent at Costco. Add in the 2% cash back and such, and it's a win-win for everyone. $675 divided by 9 days is only $75 a day, right? ;)

The biggest problem buying something you like to eat/drink at Costco is that you run out of it too soon. Smart to be buying two of some. But you may wish you'd bought three. That apple pie is killer good, and it will be gone all too soon. ;)

Consider buying your son and DIL "the gift of membership." For $60 a year they can have their own membership. (That's only $5 a month, when you spread it over a full year.) Your son is convinced, and your DIL won't be far behind, when she has more experience there. Those comfy shoes are going to become a favorite. Practical is one thing, but smart shopping is something else entirely. Even if they only used the membership occasionally, it'll pay for itself very quickly.

Glad you/they liked the fish sticks. They really are easy, and there are plenty in that package. An excellent bargain. We cook ours in an air fryer, and they taste great that way. With their two girls, it would be a simple and easy meal.

If your son likes the Kirkland protein bars, that's awesome. It's all about what he likes, and what fits his dietary needs. If he's a Crossfit guy, he knows nutrition. Glad they're available. (My issue was I didn't eat them fast enough, and they seemed to go stale. I may have gotten a less-fresh box to begin with. Not sure. But there are other options, and everyone needs to decide what they like. :)

Enjoy your vacation, but then, tell me: Where's that new flat screen TV? LOL! ;)

Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice job with the shopping. My husband and I always declare that we are not Costco shoppers because we only fill half a shopping cart at best. However most of the time our bill runs over $300 even with half a shopping cart, so we must be doing something right!

Our next big shopping at Costco will be in early August because the Traeger Smoker Grill roadshow will be in our area again. We went to the one before this and decided that they were too big and their junior was too small and we passed on it. Since then we bought a Nordicware kettle smoker and the result was so-so. We also tried using Traeger wood pellets with our electric grill and while it was pretty good, we prefer the full smoke flavor of slow cooking in the Traeger.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
And here I am thinking it was only $675.43. It's not unusual for dh and I to go to Costco and spend that much.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We like the Kirkland Malbec at $6.99 it's our go to wine to stock, 91 rated.

We like the fish sticks too, try them in a fish taco.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Tug needs a "Love" button. :)

Jan, you're my hero! And I sure wish you were MY Mom! Your generosity to your son and DIL is wonderful. Getting them food they'll want and like, and at the same time making it a fun process, is what it's supposed to be all about. Yes, you'll use a lot of what you bought for your 9-night stay in the Dells, but overall, how much will you save by feeding your family at home? Probably easily as much as you spent at Costco. Add in the 2% cash back and such, and it's a win-win for everyone. $675 divided by 9 days is only $75 a day, right? ;)
The biggest problem buying something you like to eat/drink at Costco is that you run out of it too soon. Smart to be buying two of some. But you may wish you'd bought three. That apple pie is killer good, and it will be gone all too soon. ;)

Consider buying your son and DIL "the gift of membership." For $60 a year they can have their own membership. (That's only $5 a month, when you spread it over a full year.) Your son is convinced, and your DIL won't be far behind, when she has more experience there. Those comfy shoes are going to become a favorite. Practical is one thing, but smart shopping is something else entirely. Even if they only used the membership occasionally, it'll pay for itself very quickly.
,Glad you/they liked the fish sticks. They really are easy, and there are plenty in that package. An excellent bargain. We cook ours in an air fryer, and they taste great that way. With their two girls, it would be a simple and easy meal.

If your son likes the Kirkland protein bars, that's awesome. It's all about what he likes, and what fits his dietary needs. If he's a Crossfit guy, he knows nutrition. Glad they're available. (My issue was I didn't eat them fast enough, and they seemed to go stale. I may have gotten a less-fresh box to begin with. Not sure. But there are other options, and everyone needs to decide what they like. :)

Enjoy your vacation, but then, tell me: Where's that new flat screen TV? LOL! ;)

Dave

Most of what we bought was to stock their refrigerator/freezer and cupboards. Some of the Pirate's Booty, Panda cookies, Nature Valley sweet and salty peanut butter granola bars, cheese sticks, cereal and juice boxes are for the Wisconsin trip. The girl's were really excited last night to see all the goodies Grandma bought for our vacation. When our son was finishing kindergarten and for the next 10 years we went to he Outer Banks with two other families who have a child the same age as our son and the one friend also has another child two years older. I drove big cars back then and we took all the kids with us. All of them as adults have great memories and one of their favorites is the snacks I brought for the drive. After the seeing the sign for the Russell Stover outlet in Viriginia a mile or so off I-95 we stopped the next time and they all looked forward to it after that. I would give each of them a couple of ones, point them at the most reduced section and let them have at it. They absolutely loved that even when they got to be teens. I've always tried to make sure our son and now granddaughters eat healthy. However on vacation when you have a long drive or flight even if it is only a couple of hours, goodies make the trip more fun. This was on Facebook and our son says someone must know me.

snacks for vacation.jpg

I've offered to buy them a membership and he thinks he wants one so we will probably head back to Costco before we leave for Wisconsin on Saturday. This time we will take the granddaughters with us, go at lunchtime and get a pizza and strawberry sundaes. The girls have been to Costcos in Florida with us several times and think this is fun to do.

I didn't get a new TV for me but bought a 70 inch one online from Costco for our son and family when they moved into their first house back in April.

Our son is our only child and his two girls will be our only grandchildren. We would rather do for them now when they need the help than leave it to them when we are gone. Hopefully it will be some years down the road and by then they wouldn't be likely to need and appreciate the help like they do now.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We like the Kirkland Malbec at $6.99 it's our go to wine to stock, 91 rated.

We like the fish sticks too, try them in a fish taco.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I'm a huge fan of the Kirkland Sauvignon Blanc, also $6.99. Not sure of the rating, but it is very drinkable, especially during the summer.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've offered to buy them a membership and he thinks he wants one so we will probably head back to Costco before we leave for Wisconsin on Saturday. This time we will take the granddaughters with us, go at lunchtime and get a pizza and strawberry sundaes. The girls have been to Costcos in Florida with us several times and think this is fun to do.

You are the kind of parent and grandparent everyone aspires to be. Good for you. :)

You can also buy a "gift of membership" on the Costco.com website. Might be handy, in case you don't make it back to the warehouse in person.

Have a great vacation!

Dave

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan, there is a Costco on your way to the Dells, right outside of Madison.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Jan, there is a Costco on your way to the Dells, right outside of Madison.

Thanks, Pat. I was just looking that up. I see there are two in that area. Which one is closer?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the one in Middleton, it is off either 51 or 151, can’t recall, just on northeast side of Madison

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It was me this time and I can no longer tease my husband.

My husband I are at our son's in Ohio now and we are all headed up to Wyndham Glacier Canyon in the Wisconsin Dells next weekend for a 9 night stay. We wanted to go to Costco to get stuff to take with us and to stock our son and his family up again. Yesterday afternoon I gave my husband the choice of staying at their house and taking our 3 and 7 year old granddaughters to the pool or taking our son and this time our DIL too to Costco. Our son really wanted her to go to see what all they have as she has never been to Costco. They've talked about getting their own membership.

So here we are at Costco. We're done getting fresh fruits and vegetables and bakery items and are working on the meats. Our son is putting two packages of the organic ground beef that comes in three individual pound sections into the cart knowing they still have a pound or maybe two left from my husband's Costco shopping excursion with him back in April when my husband was here by himself. Our DIL very quietly said our son's name remonstrating him for taking advantage of the fact that I'm paying. He then had her go get two packages of the apple gouda chicken sausages. BTW we all like them and our granddaughters really like them. She is standing by the cart hesitating to put them in because she she is feeling uncomfortable about being greedy. Both our son and I at the same time tell her put them in the cart.

By the time we're finally done with the meat area our son says I'm going to outdo my husband's total. Our son does their shopping and he is very good at mentally keeping track of what he's spending as he goes along. I play innocent and ask if he really thinks so. He just laughs and keeps moving on to laundry products and paper goods. Before we joined Costco our son and I would do a big shopping at Aldi's. So he knows how I shop. If it's something they use a lot of or really like I always tell him to get more than one. Sometimes I would have him make me up a list and go by myself. Although you wouldn't think it's possible I do more damage on my own than when he is with me. When he grabbed a second package of toilet paper our DIL again said something to him. At that point I sent him off to get a second cart as our first one was at max capacity and there is no room for a second big thing of toilet paper. When we were getting the juice boxes that have my seal of approval for their girls I opened my mouth to tell him to get a second package of them and before I could say anything our son said "I know Mom, I'm getting a second one." Our DIL just looked at both of us and I'm sure was thinking that I was going to be upset at check out when I saw the total. And we hadn't even gotten to the frozen, dairy, dry, canned and packaged goods aisles yet. Our DIL was really stressed by the time we finished the frozen aisles so our son sent her to wait in the food court. After she left we laughed about her not understanding how the two of us shop together. My concern is if he has room in the refrigerator and freezer not how much I'm spending. I can and sometimes do fuss about what I'm spending but never for groceries.

Dave, the fish sticks you recommended when they were on sale was one of the things our son made sure to buy again. Something we haven't tried before is the frozen avocado chunks. I pointed them out to our son and he wanted to try them. I'm hoping we and he like them because it's always a challenge to have avocados at the right stage of ripeness when you want to use them and sometimes to use them up so you don't lose them if you buy several. Our DIL asked for more of the pot pies as they all liked them. They do what we do and make an extra chicken breast when we are cooking the chicken for another meal. The extra breast we cut up and put in the freezer to have extra meat to add to the pot pies when we serve them. We also add some peas to ours but they add mixed vegetables. The extra meat and vegetables make them a healthier convenience meal. When we were in the bakery section I added an apple pie to the cart. Our son asked if they were any good. I just gave him a duh look because I'm a known pie snob. The first thing he did after he and our DIL got everything unloaded and put away was try the pie. I heard him in the kitchen saying "Omg this is so good!" I also bought a bottle of the Kirkland Cabernet Sauvignon we had talked about trying sometime. The Apothic Red we get at our Costcos in Florida is $7.99 but in Ohio is $9.99 so I made the executive decision it would be a great time to buy the other wine we'd talked about trying because it is a bigger bottle for the same price. If anyone likes Nabisco Honey Graham Crackers a package of 4 boxes is on sale until the 28th of this month. Another item I bought them two of too. My husband said the sale price makes it an even better price than Aldi's. He is learning to pay more attention to prices since I've teased so much on TUG about his Costco shopping. He also says the Kirkland peanut butter is really good after trying it at our son's house. We haven't bought it for ourselves at home because they only have creamy and we prefer crunchy peanut butter.

Dave, if you remember I said our son bought the Kirkland protein bars. You said you didn't particularly care for them and I said our son probably liked them because he wasn't having to buy his own and none of the good brands are cheap. Free, when it is a more expensive item generally tastes real good, lol. We bought two more boxes this trip. He does like them and uses them for his workouts. He works out and even took a course to be certified to teach some classes at the Crossfit gym he goes belongs to. The nutritional content of the Kirkland protein bars is excellent and he likes the taste too.

Our DIL joined our son and I where we were standing just before check out line reviewing to make sure there wasn't anything else we still wanted to get. She had calmed down and gotten herself an acai granola sundae and gave us the last few bites. It was very good. I always like to look at clothes for the granddaughters when we go to Costco. I didn't see anything for them but I found shoes for my DIL. I knew she would like them and they looked and felt really comfortable. She is a teacher and is on her feet a lot. So while our son ran back to get two more things we wanted I had her try them on to make sure they fit okay. They did, she loves them and wore them last night for their date night. One of the women at the check out was wearing them and when she saw them on the conveyor belt said how comfortable they are with being on her feet at work. Trying to add a picture of them.

Both carts were full, top and bottom, which meant there was no room left for the last two things our son went back to get. So I gave our DIL the pie to hold to make room for them. Now we are checking out and the cashier has pretty much finished ringing up everything in the first cart and our son is helping unload the second one since the other worker is busy boxing and loading what has already been rung up. The cashier starts to tell him to stop and I say yes the second cart too, I'm paying for all of it. Our DIL who is still holding the pie pipes up with "And the pie too!" which just cracked up both my son and I and both of the workers too.

If you read the other I'm blaming TUG thread you know that I was shocked that my husband spent $541.40 on his Costco shopping trip with our son back in April. So how much did I spend. $675.43! If it's a competition I won! Our son is only 32 so proficient in the one handed texting the younger generations excel at. While our son was walking to the door pushing a fully loaded cart he managed to text my husband how much I spent. This is the thanks I get. I'm blaming my husband because the flat of fresh peaches and wine he requested were totally responsible for running the bill up that high! There were 67 items, and nothing over $20 so we did an amazing job. Their Sonata has a nice big trunk and even with the half of the back seat to use too my DIL and I still had stuff at our feet and in our laps.

As we are walking to the car our DIL says how insane the place was and she doesn't know how people can stand shopping there. By this time it is after 6pm on Sunday evening. Our son and I proceed to tell her that for a Costco it was really slow and that it wasn't bad at all. Both our son and I point out that none of the check out lines had more than 2 people waiting after the person who was currently being checked out. The person ahead of us was almost done when we got in line. We've seen the lines all 6, 8, 10 deep. She had to wait to see if we were teasing her or telling her the truth. I don't foresee a willing return visit to Costco for her.

View attachment 13000

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Our son is our only child and his two girls will be our only grandchildren. We would rather do for them now when they need the help than leave it to them when we are gone. Hopefully it will be some years down the road and by then they wouldn't be likely to need and appreciate the help like they do now.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. In the long run it is only money. Why not spend it to improve the lives of those you love.

So different than my experience of my parents and grandparents.

Joe

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good for you. In the long run it is only money. Why not spend it to improve the lives of those you love.

So different than my experience of my parents and grandparents.

Joe

Very true. My dad and stepmother were intensely frugal right through the end - nobody in the extended family ever got any financial help, and even Christmas gifts (sent only to certain immediate family members) were token items - for years everyone received a cheap (<$10) mail-order can of chocolate covered nuts. My stepmother passed before my dad, so there was no "will" per se on her side. When my dad passed, and we were cleaning up his affairs, we found his Will, and a substantial bank account that named my brother and I as beneficiaries. The amount was embarrassingly high, considering how he lived his daily life. Gotta love the guy - he did things his way all the way to the end. :)

I'm glad Jan takes the opportunity to do what she can for her son and his family. :banana:

Dave

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I wanted to comment on the shoes. I have a couple of pair by that brand, and I love them. They hold up nicely, and are great for people on their feet. (I'm an Ed Tech during the school year, and also work for Target.) I would likely have had two or three pairs of those! ;)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just bought 6 bags of the Heavenly Hunks as they were on sale for $2 off. They had them last year and then did not have them again for 6 months. I filled in a requested item and they brought some back in, so I stocked up good.

They are fabulous.

Amazon has them for over $22 costco $7.99

81hwsc-Hp2L._SX522_.jpg

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've found the fish sticks to be great in fish tacos as well. We bake ours, and they work well. Fish tacos are a go-to in my house during CSA season--using up some of those fresh veggies! :D

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really missing the dries cherries and Asian snack mix. What is the best way for me to agitate to get those back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And my mother is that kind of mom and Nana, too...same situation, only child, only grandchild. As my mom says, “You shared in the poverty when you were young, why shouldn’t you share in my prosperity now?” I am a lucky girl. To show my appreciation, I refuse to let her pay for anything when I take her to Costco. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We've found the fish sticks to be great in fish tacos as well. We bake ours, and they work well. Fish tacos are a go-to in my house during CSA season--using up some of those fresh veggies! :D
So many people mentioned fish sticks here. Could you let me know which brand that is so amazing?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
<<snip>>
Our son is our only child and his two girls will be our only grandchildren. We would rather do for them now when they need the help than leave it to them when we are gone. Hopefully it will be some years down the road and by then they wouldn't be likely to need and appreciate the help like they do now.

I like how you think and I couldn't agree more!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I wanted to comment on the shoes. I have a couple of pair by that brand, and I love them. They hold up nicely, and are great for people on their feet. (I'm an Ed Tech during the school year, and also work for Target.) I would likely have had two or three pairs of those! ;)

Does that observation cover both teams?

I'm always on the lookout for comfortable shoes at a good price.