• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting Out 252k RCI Points?

Twenty20

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham FF Glade
So I have 252k Wyndham points sitting in RCI. Half expire Dec 31, 2019, other half the following year.

I think I can pay a RCI fee to extend the ones expiring this year (?) for another year.

I highly doubt I'll be able to use any of these.....is there a market out there for anyone to rent these from me? I have no idea the value.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I can’t advise on renting (but I do think it’s prohibited). I can say that 252,000 points is a fair amount. We got a week in June 2020 in a two bedroom at the HGVC in Park City. Granted it’s not ski season but it’s a very high end property. It was only approx 47,500 RCI points.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I can’t advise on renting (but I do think it’s prohibited). I can say that 252,000 points is a fair amount. We got a week in June 2020 in a two bedroom at the HGVC in Park City. Granted it’s not ski season but it’s a very high end property. It was only approx 47,500 RCI points.
Rci wyndham points are a different currency. I don't think you could get a park city 2 br any time of the year for 47,500 wyndham points.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Renting is against RCI terms and conditions. They can boot you from the RCI exchange for violating that term. You are allowed to ask for the guest to pay you back the booking fee and guest fee. That’s it. If you decide to try and profit by renting something out, you are taking a risk. Sure, people do it, but that doesn’t mean you will not get caught. If the renter complains to the resort, about the quality of the accommodations and that they didn’t get what they paid for, RCI will start asking questions about who they rented from.

https://www.rci.com/static/docs/namer/en_US/rci-points-terms-conditions.pdf

2b2279dcd129548af835b1b4e1653dfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This is a transfer of points from one account to another so although still against the rules will not involve anyone talking about the quality of the accommodations as the unit is booked directly from the transferees account. The rules make no allowance for the guest cert and exchange fee to be reimbursed either, technically if the guest pays for those things directly to rci using their own credit card -no reimbursement at all involved- would not violate the rules as all money is going directly to rci and none to the rci member.

Twenty20

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham FF Glade
Renting is against RCI terms and conditions. They can boot you from the RCI exchange for violating that term. You are allowed to ask for the guest to pay you back the booking fee and guest fee. That’s it. If you decide to try and profit by renting something out, you are taking a risk. Sure, people do it, but that doesn’t mean you will not get caught. If the renter complains to the resort, about the quality of the accommodations and that they didn’t get what they paid for, RCI will start asking questions about who they rented from.

https://www.rci.com/static/docs/namer/en_US/rci-points-terms-conditions.pdf

2b2279dcd129548af835b1b4e1653dfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for the info. Guess I'll need to figure out a way to use these. The options I am finding in RCI are all pretty terrible. Going to do my best to never have to deposit into that system again.

Though that wording sounds like they are trying to eliminate somebody running a commercial rental business through RCI.

Twenty20

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham FF Glade
This is a transfer of points from one account to another so although still against the rules will not involve anyone talking about the quality of the accommodations as the unit is booked directly from the transferees account. The rules make no allowance for the guest cert and exchange fee to be reimbursed either, technically if the guest pays for those things directly to rci using their own credit card -no reimbursement at all involved- would not violate the rules as all money is going directly to rci and none to the rci member.

Wait.... so I can transfer these points to another RCI member?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wait.... so I can transfer these points to another RCI member?
Yes, RCI points and Wyndham points deposited into RCI can be transferred to another member with the same type of account.