• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco Bakery

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you heard? Rumor has it they are going to do away with several items in the bakery because they don't make money on items they make in the bakery. The items they make in the bakery they sell below their costs. I've heard they aren't going to be making anything in the bakery with cheese anymore. They've done away with the great garlic bread (the two pack with big chunks of garlic). Apparently, there was a little cheese on that bread. They said some of the higher end skew items will be turned off and no longer available--probably the cheese cake as well as other items. Stock up quickly on your favorite Costco bakery items. They might not be making them much longer.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed that compared to 5 years ago, Costco bakery has really cut back on the different items offered.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Oh NO!!! What will I do for birthdays if I can't get their Tuxedo cake? Or their Tiramisu? Or their fruit pies? And the pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving? And we love their triangle buns. Come on Costco... a few more pennies added to the cost won't hurt you. And you will have lots of happy customers.
I live in Canada and have not heard this. Will have to check it out the next time I go shopping.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no not the Bakery. Years ago Costco closed their photo departments in Norfolk & Newport News, VA.

Now you must pay for shipping & handling to process your photos or I can drive a 100 miles (200 miles round trip) to Richmond, VA to have my photos process the same day. The Richmond VA Costco store still have a Photo Department.

Things are changing under the new CEO @ Costco more merchandise are occupying
every inch of the warehouse.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We’ll see. My spouse says nothing has been said about this locally. Maybe in a local warehouse or region they might stop selling something that isn’t selling out, or make some things on a per-order basis, like they do with cakes, but company-wide? Unlikely. Rumors often have some basis in fact. But I wouldn’t take it too seriously until it happens, or there are more details.

I seriously doubt Costco would eliminate hugely-popular bakery items just because they don’t make money on them. They’d adjust the price, or the size of the product first.

As Jan’s threads about blaming Costco for spending show, volume buying is everything. Costco wants shoppers to be happy, so they’ll spend more. They’ll make more on that cartload. It’s about volume.

The photo counter is changing to an online order process. The days of rolls of film being developed are mostly behind us. It’s all digital. You can still pickup your pictures, but they’re going away from accepting processing over the counter.

I’ll let you know if I hear anything further.

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco stop developing film in their photo department many, many years ago. Everything at the Photo Department was either digital processing or refilling of ink cartridges in the Tidewater VA Area stores.

Anything else was outsource. Costco does not have in - store same day digital processing in the two (2) Costco stores.

Sam Club and Walgreen drug stores still offer in - store same day processing of digital photos. But they are not as good as the Costco Photo Dept IMHO.

Brett

Reaction score
Costco stop developing film in their photo department many, many years ago. Everything at the Photo Department was either digital processing or refilling of ink cartridges in the Tidewater VA Area stores.

Anything else was outsource. Costco does not have in - store same day digital processing in the two (2) Costco stores.

Sam Club and Walgreen drug stores still offer in - store same day processing of digital photos. But they are not as good as the Costco Photo Dept IMHO.

I haven't developed film in years - but I like some Costco bakery items

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Sams Club just closed the in-store photo department in our club. You can still order online and pick things up at the membership desk, but the kiosks where you'd arrange your own processing are gone.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
isisdave, Thanks for sharing that about Sams Club.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Our bakery (Orem, UT) had no apple pie for about 6 months, but recently brought it back. Haven't had garlic bread in years. Am glad they recently started offering the cinnamon pull-aparts though--those are delicious!