• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MountainSide History

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
Can anyone tell me when Mountainside opened and sold out? What were some of Marriott’s developer prices for Platinum floating season? When was the last hard refurbishment? Any irregularities in the maintenance fees over the years?

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
Any MountainSide owners out there that know some of this information?

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
since the crickets are singing...
We bought prior to completion, 2001 and rec'd points and some interval trades for that year. We are pretty sure that price was about 28K. My guess is that platinum was sold out very quickly, mud weeks not so much. Last hard refurb was fairly recent, maybe 3 to 4 years ago. But the kitchens have been maybe 10 years, and it shows. Not a fan of the cabinetry, countertop, hardware or appliances. They do a good job with carpet, it seems to be updated regularly. Maintenance fees have gone up... just like everywhere else, so not irregular or unexpected, just unpleasant. We are never unhappy when we go.

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you sea&ski.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's the place I own that is the best value for my MF.

Nowhere else is really close. 7 nights slopeside in park City in a 2 bedroom for under $1500 is extraordinary value.