• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hot!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
80f and 16% humidity in West Yellowstone. Not a cloud in the 'big sky'.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in constant 90 degree weather. Nights are nice as the sun sets just after 6. In the shade during day is nice when there is a breeze. That is not this time of year.

Measurements are always based on being in the shade. In the sun it feels hotter because of solar radiation.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
In Salem Oregon the High was 85°F with Humidity of 27%.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally came to the conclusion this summer that dry heat is bearable. Our humidity is usually under 15%. We perspire when we golf when it reaches triple digits but it is really no hardship. We both hate humidity and we are happy to live in "dry heat" area.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I finally came to the conclusion this summer that dry heat is bearable. Our humidity is usually under 15%. We perspire when we golf when it reaches triple digits but it is really no hardship. We both hate humidity and we are happy to live in "dry heat" area.

Played golf in Palm Springs in 109 degree temps and never broke a sweat! Played golf this last Tues in N.C. and it was 93 at 10:30am when we made the turn. Instead of going to 10 I went straight to my car! Stupidity will only get one so far!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Played golf in Palm Springs in 109 degree temps and never broke a sweat! Played golf this last Tues in N.C. and it was 93 at 10:30am when we made the turn. Instead of going to 10 I went straight to my car! Stupidity will only get one so far!

Car or Bar?

Your post was very sweat drenched and hard to read....... ;)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
One bad thing about the dry heat out west is that you don't realize you are perspiring because it evaporates so quickly. It is easy to become dehydrated.

Here in the east, there is no question that you are perspiring so you know you have to up the fluid intake.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Played golf this last Tues in N.C. and it was 93 at 10:30am when we made the turn. Instead of going to 10 I went straight to my car! Stupidity will only get one so far!

Sorry . . . I gotta rant. Speaking of stupidity . . . .

I have been doing golf work for a long time now and working with athletes since college.

Today we hosted a tournament with 92 golfers . . . all ages including 70+. Heat index mid-round: 108°.

While we were setting up I asked the Pro and GM, "Are we doing anything special because of the heat?"

The answer was pretty much, "Huh?"

I was like, "Well, they cancelled a major horse race yesterday and youth athletics events are being cancelled and a 32-year-old NFL lineman died yesterday from heat stroke nearby."

No. Nothing. No cruising the course looking at players, asking how they're feeling, giving them ice and water, etc. We didn't even put ice and a couple bottles of water in their coolers.

But, we were told to fill the four water stations every two hours.

Second time out, I couldn't even make it to the first water station . . . everyone was stopping me and getting water, ice, wetting their towels, etc. So I called in and told the Pro how bad everyone was looking. He brushed me off, probably because it was OK in the air-conditioned clubhouse.

Then I saw a heavy-set younger guy, bright red, sitting in the cart while everyone else in his group was putting. I said, "You're not OK, are you?" He said, "No." I said, "Can I take you in?" He said, "Let me sit awhile." I put a cold, wet towel around his neck and said I'd be back in five minutes." I was, he was on 17, and said he could make it in.

I called the Pro and told him that my concern was the health and well-being of those on the course, and they were struggling. He said something about there being "other tasks" (there wasn't, we'd already done them) and that I couldn't stay on the course the rest of my shift (I could, and did).

A few minutes later, the other outside guy came on the walkie talkie and said he was loading up with ice and water and towels and heading out to the back nine. I was on 4 and told him I would do 3, 2 and 1.

The guy I had been helping made it in to the clubhouse and I'm guessing that changed someone's mind about the health and well-being of our golfers.

Like I said, sorry about the rant, but I just hate having to work with stupid.

Funny, the Pro did the next schedule after all that happened, and I got that email when I got home. I'm still on it. (I've been there 11 years now).

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One bad thing about the dry heat out west is that you don't realize you are perspiring because it evaporates so quickly. It is easy to become dehydrated.

Here in the east, there is no question that you are perspiring so you know you have to up the fluid intake.
We go through 5 bottles of water each for a round. Everyone perspires in the heat "out West". The nice thing is that the cart guys at our club load up our cart with 8 bottles of water and then when we make the turn, they come running to load up more.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
The nice thing is that the cart guys at our club load up our cart with 8 bottles of water and then when we make the turn, they come running to load up more.

That's pretty much the opposite of how we dealt with it today.

I'm still pissed, and my wife is pissed when I come home pissed.

Sorry to be morbid, but I've seen people die on the golf course, and I'd prefer to not be the cause of it.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Hey, you concerns are totally legitimate! More people die every year from heat than any other weather-related event. Let that sink in!

Someone posted that he was in his attic...but survived. A man was found in his attic here last week but he didn't survive.

Stay hydrated and know your limits! I am so thankful I've never seen anyone die on a golf course.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Echo the comments on the dry heat here in the West. Was in Palm Desert last week and yes, it was hot but I was amazed when I found out later that it reached 117 (the humidity was around 10%). The evenings there felt glorious with the breezes and low humidity even though it was still in the 90s. Back home now with mornings and evenings in the 60s and awesome afternoons.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Car or Bar?

Your post was very sweat drenched and hard to read....... ;)

LOL. Car via short stop at the Bar!

As far as how hot it is on the east coast currently, had one come up local today I’d never have thought could happen. In Durham, NC they closed the public swimming pool because the air temp was just too hot! Could you imagine the roar coming from timeshare owners if their pool was closed because of the heat?

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a dangerous weekend here in NY. We spent the time indoors with AC - power was low/reduced. Sometimes we barely felt cool. A lot of time was spent in the pool (above ground). We had to add some cold water - temp. in the pool reached 94 :confused:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Golfing with Big Horn Sheep this Wednesday.
View attachment 12997

With all the Estes Park discussion going on, that picture reminds me of playing golf there, only it was elk in the fairways. I had a real problem with distance/depth perception because the distant mountain peaks made shots look a lot shorter than they were.

Back to heat, yesterday it was heat index of 108 (humidity 54%), and a tournament of 92 golfers, all struggling.

Today was my golf day and it was overcast, drizzle and light rain, and never hit 80. I run a Quota game for the guys and I beat my target by 4. One other guy beat his by 4, and two guys beat theirs by 2. So, it was a very nice golf day.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Hey, you concerns are totally legitimate! More people die every year from heat than any other weather-related event. Let that sink in!

Someone posted that he was in his attic...but survived. A man was found in his attic here last week but he didn't survive.

Stay hydrated and know your limits! I am so thankful I've never seen anyone die on a golf course.

When I finished today, I talked to the guy who was "closing" yesterday and today, and I asked him if anyone died on the course yesterday. Thankfully he said NO. I said it was 108 heat index when I left. He said he worked in 108 heat index three straight days, and had to lay down for awhile one of them. He was obviously upset by that lack of concern for his well-being.

The same jerk/Boss/Golf pro who would not listen to me about how bad things were yesterday has not said one thing to the staff about taking it easy, drinking plenty of water, finding some shade or going to the clubhouse if you feel bad, etc.

I have never seen a golf course less concerned about the well-being of employees and customers. They just don't care enough to know to be concerned. It's just by accident that the wrong people get placed in positions of power.

Last edited:

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine what some of you are going through. It feels sticky here today at 85 degrees and 42% humidity. Summer is officially here in my part of So Cal!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a golf course less concerned about the well-being of employees and customers. They just don't care enough to know to be concerned. It's just by accident that the wrong people get placed in positions of power.
They're called 'Stockholders'.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
They're called 'Stockholders'.

No, ours has owners.

Speaking of heat, or lack thereof, three days ago it was 108 heat index, but this morning it was so chilly that the tips of my fingers got numb.