• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Beyond

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We will be at our unit (Hyatt, Key West) starting this Sunday. I received the concierge call to make sure everything is ok for our up coming stay and to sign us up for the sales pitch, I mean owners update. I told him we are not interested in the HPP. He said that Monday would be the first day of selling a new program called “Marriott Beyond”. I said, you mean Bonvoy? He said, no Bonvoy is the hotel points program, this is “Beyond”, where we can use our Hyatt ownership to exchange into all of the other Marriott owned properties. I said I had never heard of this program. He said that it is brand new, they just finished training for it, and if I signed up for the 8:30 Monday Owners Update, I would be the first one to see the new program. I asked for him to email me some marketing material so I would have a better understanding of what I would be walking into. He said that he is not allowed to send anything until after Monday. I said I would have to discuss it with my wife. When I did, she rolled her eyes and was not favorable to sitting through another sales pitch. I’ll work on her, as I’m curious what this is.

Has anyone else heard of Marriott Beyond? I cannot find anything on it.

I passed ROFR and I am in the process of closing on Hyatt. Would I get grandfathered in with my new unit if it merges while I am closing?

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say that googling Marriott Beyond will send you to a page referring to the proposed integration. What was apparent to me is that Marriott has been repeatedly used the word “beyond” in their recent marketing and news.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marriott-exec-want-involved-travel-183014198.html

Marriott Exec: We Want to Be Involved in Travel Beyond 4 Walls of a Hotel

https://www.marriott.com/marriott/gtld.mi
A journey beyond .com

https://news.marriott.com/2018/09/marriott-international-launches-lovetravels-beyond-barriers-to-provide-500k-to-groups-and-individuals-advocating-for-inclusion-equality-peace-and-human-rights/

Now we’re seeing this word being used in the new possibilities for trading flexibility.

P.s. I don’t know how to fix this mess with the fonts.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Timeshares are beyond the 4 walls of a hotel. They are not hotel rooms. 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. Full kitchen. Consistent quality. Amenities. They are better than AirBNB.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I didn’t say that googling Marriott Beyond will send you to a page referring to the proposed integration. What was apparent to me is that Marriott has been repeatedly used the word “beyond” in their recent marketing and news.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marriott-exec-want-involved-travel-183014198.html

A journey beyond .com

https://news.marriott.com/2018/09/marriott-international-launches-lovetravels-beyond-barriers-to-provide-500k-to-groups-and-individuals-advocating-for-inclusion-equality-peace-and-human-rights/

Now we’re seeing this word being used in the new possibilities for trading flexibility.

Oh. No! I hope you didn't think that I was saying your google suggestion was somehow wrong. I remember that back when the DC was introduced and people thought to google after the fact, we learned that if we'd been googling all along during the speculation run-up, we might have seen public filings that may have helped flush out what they were doing before they did it. I googled "Marriott Beyond" because of your suggestion hoping that we might see something like that but didn't find anything specifically related to the timeshares, something that might mesh perfectly with what Sapper heard from the Hyatt rep.

I wonder if focus groups have decided that "Beyond" is the word of the moment in travel circles? It was worth a try googling, anyway, so thanks for the good suggestion. :)

PS - The font tools are on the task bar at the top of the box that pops up when you hit the "Edit" button at the bottom of a post.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

A journey beyond .com

Just remember...all of those references are Marriott International, the hotel company. Probably means absolutely nothing for the timeshare company which is a totally separate entity.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I passed ROFR and I am in the process of closing on Hyatt. Would I get grandfathered in with my new unit if it merges while I am closing?
Doubtful. In 2010 I believe they went by the recording date of your deed.

Oh. No! I hope you didn't think that I was saying your google suggestion was somehow wrong. I remember that back when the DC was introduced and people thought to google after the fact, we learned that if we'd been googling all along during the speculation run-up, we might have seen public filings that may have helped flush out what they were doing before they did it. I googled "Marriott Beyond" because of your suggestion hoping that we might see something like that but didn't find anything specifically related to the timeshares, something that might mesh perfectly with what Sapper heard from the Hyatt rep.
Googling wasn't what found the public filings. I found those doing a search of the Orange County website and turned up the trust documents. I have been doing similar searches this time around and so far have found no evidence of them creating a new trust or conveying Vistana or Hyatt inventory to the DC trust. They have conveyed Westin Nanea units to the Westin Flex trust which leads us to expect that the two Flex Trusts and probably Aventuras will live on after any integrated program.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... Googling wasn't what found the public filings. I found those doing a search of the Orange County website and turned up the trust documents. I have been doing similar searches this time around and so far have found no evidence of them creating a new trust or conveying Vistana or Hyatt inventory to the DC trust. They have conveyed Westin Nanea units to the Westin Flex trust which leads us to expect that the two Flex Trusts and probably Aventuras will live on after any integrated program.

I'm not talking about the Trust conveyances, although it certainly would have been helpful to find them sooner AND the work you did in tracking them was very helpful after.

No, I seem to remember that in the days just after 6/20/10, a few TUGgers googled and found legal filings of several governing docs related to the branding of the Trust and the DC Exchange Company along with, if I'm remembering correctly, if not the actual preliminary Exchange Procedures doc then a quasi-blueprint seeking approval for it? Those are the kinds of things I was thinking might turn up in a search for "Marriott Beyond."

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unknown but based on the 2010 DC rollout I too think it's doubtful. I can't recall if they used recording date or the week being listed in your account by the rollout date but being in the process didn't qualify.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unknown but based on the 2010 DC rollout I too think it's doubtful. I can't recall if they used recording date or the week being listed in your account by the rollout date but being in the process didn't qualify.
It is recording date, the verbiage is still there today if you go in and try to enroll a week;

You may enroll week(s) purchased from Marriott Vacation Club or its affiliates in the Exchange Program for only $595 for enrollment of one week and $695 for enrollment of more than one week. Weeks purchased from third parties (i.e., not from Marriott Vacation Club International or its affiliates) with a deed recording date prior to June 20, 2010 (or prior to April 21, 2016 for Marriott Phuket Beach Club weeks) are eligible for this offer, with pricing of $1495 for enrollment of one week and $1995 for enrollment of more than one week. Weeks purchased from third parties in transactions brokered by Marriott Vacation Club or its affiliates may be eligible for the offer under certain terms and conditions. Offer is valid for weeks located at participating MVCI resorts located in the U.S. and the Caribbean, and at Marriott's Phuket Beach Club.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is recording date, the verbiage is still there today if you go in and try to enroll a week;

You may enroll week(s) purchased from Marriott Vacation Club or its affiliates in the Exchange Program for only $595 for enrollment of one week and $695 for enrollment of more than one week. Weeks purchased from third parties (i.e., not from Marriott Vacation Club International or its affiliates) with a deed recording date prior to June 20, 2010 (or prior to April 21, 2016 for Marriott Phuket Beach Club weeks) are eligible for this offer, with pricing of $1495 for enrollment of one week and $1995 for enrollment of more than one week. Weeks purchased from third parties in transactions brokered by Marriott Vacation Club or its affiliates may be eligible for the offer under certain terms and conditions. Offer is valid for weeks located at participating MVCI resorts located in the U.S. and the Caribbean, and at Marriott's Phuket Beach Club.
Thanks, I did go to look but since I no longer have weeks that might be enrolled, it no longer shows me that info or at least I couldn't find it.

Edward Druy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Windward Pointe Beach House Hacienda del Mar Pinion Point
We will be at our unit (Hyatt, Key West) starting this Sunday. I received the concierge call to make sure everything is ok for our up coming stay and to sign us up for the sales pitch, I mean owners update. I told him we are not interested in the HPP. He said that Monday would be the first day of selling a new program called “Marriott Beyond”. I said, you mean Bonvoy? He said, no Bonvoy is the hotel points program, this is “Beyond”, where we can use our Hyatt ownership to exchange into all of the other Marriott owned properties. I said I had never heard of this program. He said that it is brand new, they just finished training for it, and if I signed up for the 8:30 Monday Owners Update, I would be the first one to see the new program. I asked for him to email me some marketing material so I would have a better understanding of what I would be walking into. He said that he is not allowed to send anything until after Monday. I said I would have to discuss it with my wife. When I did, she rolled her eyes and was not favorable to sitting through another sales pitch. I’ll work on her, as I’m curious what this is.

I just attended a Hyatt sales pitch last week at the Carmel Highlands. It was the same old, same old. I asked specifically about whether or not Marriott would be incorporated into the Hyatt Portfolio Program. Nothing forthcoming from the sales force, just crickets. If it is true, it will make the portfolio program worth looking at again, but up until now, it offers no advantages to those of us who have proper deeds to the Hyatt timeshare resorts.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score

I wonder if focus groups have decided that "Beyond" is the word of the moment in travel circles? It was worth a try googling, anyway, so thanks for the good suggestion. :)

PS - The font tools are on the task bar at the top of the box that pops up when you hit the "Edit" button at the bottom of a post.

Thanks for fixing the fonts.

My initial google search was just what you said, I was hoping to find something about the new program. Instead I found repeated use of “beyond” in marketing and news.

Yes, I understand the division between hotel and timeshare but all of us timeshare folk are intricately attached to the hotel division via Bonvoy and the loyal Bonvoy members are impacting the timeshares. The merger of hotel brands brought many Titanium’s to explore new properties. When I was at OP earlier this month the new GM repeatedly mentioned the impact on satisfaction surveys by Bonvoy Titanium’s who come to the property expecting their loyalty benefits to get them hotel perks. They are disappointed with the lack of restaurants and their room location.

So it seems to me, the wordage of both divisions will be integrated because the entire Marriott brand is being marketed to all customers.

“Bonvoy(age) and Beyond!”

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Okay I hope my deed get recorded quickly. I would think if this was something they wanted to prevent, they wouldn’t be passing ROFR so quickly. All if mine passed within 5-10 days. I’ve been traveling so I have been delayed in submitting my paperwork. If I miss deed recording date, I will be really bummed.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Interesting thread which I had failed to read until now. At our last presentation, the salesman said they hoped to have an announcement out in either June or July. This would fall within his timeline. Then again, it was a salesman and we have yet to see/hear exactly what might be released on Monday.

I have been under the impression from the updates we’ve attended that the systems would be integrated separately, with Hyatt being the last to be added. The fact this is a Hyatt update has my attention/curiosity. I would like to have thought that maybe a little taste would have been forthcoming at our Marriott update last month. We really didn’t get anything other than they hoped to make the announcement within June or July and that it was important to move up now in status vs waiting. Typical sales speak for every update we’ve been to since the merger.

I’ll try to temper my “enthusiasm” once they roll out the program. I remember when they rolled out the DC. I wasn’t happy initially but have learned how to manipulate the program and maximize its usefulness to us. Given time I’m sure I’ll do the same with this new incarnation of an internal exchange plan.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)

Anyone hear anything worth repeating today?

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything worth repeating today?

Not yet. I had my wife on board with going, then we found out (I remember reading about this on TUG, but had forgotten) they are not doing the presentations from the property anymore. You now have to go to some consolidated location elsewhere. I lost my wife at this point, her agreement was tenuous to begin with. The time to drive to some location, probably pay for parking, etc... then attend what will most assuredly be more than an hour, and for $100. Nope. I am going to try and just drop by solo and see if they will give me some info.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Not yet. I had my wife on board with going, then we found out (I remember reading about this on TUG, but had forgotten) they are not doing the presentations from the property anymore. You now have to go to some consolidated location elsewhere. I lost my wife at this point, her agreement was tenuous to begin with. The time to drive to some location, probably pay for parking, etc... then attend what will most assuredly be more than an hour, and for $100. Nope. I am going to try and just drop by solo and see if they will give me some info.
Say you’re divorced she just left you on that trip lol, she plans on taking half so you’re here to buy a ton of points so she’s stuck paying half the mortgage lol

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
They should offer a party bus to the location and back:banana::banana::banana:

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then you are at their mercy as to when they will let you go.
My MIL went from Hyatt Beach Club last month. She did not learn anything new, but they did provide transportation to the downtown location and a taxi voucher for her to come back whenever she pleased.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what I found out: it’s a marketing spin to get folks to buy HPP.

1) Hyatt is not going away with the Marriott purchase.
2) In order to participate in the Marriott Beyond program, you have to be enrolled in the Hyatt Point Program through a developer purchase. Legacy week owners are excluded.
3) The Marriott Beyond program will only be able to access the “Explorer Collection”. Being an HPP owner who is also in the Marriott Beyond program will not have access to any other Marriott properties (no DC, MVC, ETC) “at this time”. I asked when we would have access, and he didn’t have an answer.
4) Marriott Beyond is supposed to start in September coinciding with Marriott taking over sales of Hyatt / HPP. Again, the sales guy stressed that Hyatt properties would not be rebranded to Marriott. However, he also stressed that we should purchase HPP NOW because “once Marriott takes over sales, the cost will go up”.
5) I specifically requested that he produced written documentation proving what he was talking about. He said they had not gotten anything printed up yet.
6) I asked about the conversion ratio / points it would be to convert HPP points to Marriott Explorer Collection points, he said that he did not have that information.

So, my take on this whole Marriott Beyond thing is that while there may be something coming down the line, it’s just garbage to get people to buy HPP.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

2) In order to participate in the Marriott Beyond program, you have to be enrolled in the Hyatt Point Program through a developer purchase. Legacy week owners are excluded.
3) The Marriott Beyond program will only be able to access the “Explorer Collection”. Being an HPP owner who is also in the Marriott Beyond program will not have access to any other Marriott properties (no DC, MVC, ETC) “at this time”. I asked when we would have access, and he didn’t have an answer.
4) Marriott Beyond is supposed to start in September coinciding with Marriott taking over sales of Hyatt / HPP. Again, the sales guy stressed that Hyatt properties would not be rebranded to Marriott. However, he also stressed that we should purchase HPP NOW because “once Marriott takes over sales, the cost will go up”.
5) I specifically requested that he produced written documentation proving what he was talking about. He said they had not gotten anything printed up yet.
6) I asked about the conversion ratio / points it would be to convert HPP points to Marriott Explorer Collection points, he said that he did not have that information.

So, my take on this whole Marriott Beyond thing is that while there may be something coming down the line, it’s just garbage to get people to buy HPP.

Buy now before prices go up is the SAME thing I was told by VSE sales reps to buy the flex program. They are using scare tactics to get in now while the prices are “right”. Maybe it’s the pressure being put in them by MVC because VSE Sales were never that slime-ball. Nothing but a bunch of lies tbh.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

They have been doing training for Marriott sales so I think more is coming, seems like early next year is the likely time we'll see more options and more going on. But if they require Hyatt points to participate with the Explorer collection, they likely will require similar for what ever rolls out after that much like anyone who owns non enrolled resale weeks.

ETA: By the way Marriott used the same tactic in reverse saying that on a per point basis Hyatt was more so Marriott Trust points would likely go up after the integration details were available.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

Thank you for the update. Looks like Marriott Beyond will just be the pool of MVC, Hyatt and VSE deposits that requires owners to pay to access. It is just exactly as I predicted earlier, everyone has to pay.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy now before prices go up is the SAME thing I was told by VSE sales reps to buy the flex program. They are using scare tactics to get in now while the prices are “right”. Maybe it’s the pressure being put in them by MVC because VSE Sales were never that slime-ball. Nothing but a bunch of lies tbh.

They have been doing training for Marriott sales so I think more is coming, seems like early next year is the likely time we'll see more options and more going on. But if they require Hyatt points to participate with the Explorer collection, they likely will require similar for what ever rolls out after that much like anyone who owns non enrolled resale weeks.

ETA: By the way Marriott used the same tactic in reverse saying that on a per point basis Hyatt was more so Marriott Trust points would likely go up after the integration details were available.

Feels like a Marriott sales shark feeding frenzy. Haha. The more BS spin they can put on both sides, the more scare tactics they can use, the more they can boost sales to the uninformed. Put just enough truth behind it so that when people google from their phones at the sales desk, they see that Marriott did buy Hyatt, that there must be some kind of program, and they can’t find details on “Beyond” because it’s coming out “Monday”, now “September”. Maybe “Beyond” really means it’s never being released because it’s “Beyond”. Yeah, little irked that I wasted some of our valuable vacation time on this. :)