• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime Day: What you're finding (throughout the event) OR any similar findings from other outlets

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So far I got nothing. What I want there are no great deals on.

But I did get another item after searching on Amazon and the internet. Only looked because of Prime.

I wanted a small carry on spinner Hartmann luggage. I have a larger one I love that I was lucky to find at TJ Maxx.

I actually was able to find a much better price on Hartmann’s versus the Amazon website, a great sale plus 10% more for being a first time customer.

Kudos to Hartmann, sale price, then 30% more off and then they honored the additional 10%. I have always experienced if a website had a sale that gave me off more then a first time customer coupon, the coupon could not be used.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I got a three month subscription to kindle unlimited for free.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've received most all my Prime Day purchases already. Only issue so far is the Altec-Lansing wireless earbuds I bought, while cool to look at, don't work. Everything appears right, but the left earpiece won't power on. So guess what's going back? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and I asked for an exact replacement. Amazon said they'll do that. We'll see what they send, and how it works out.

The cool part is I can use Kohl's to return the ones I have. They started that new "Amazon returns through Kohl's" thing this month, and there's a Kohl's not far from here. Amazon emailed me a return code and such. I printed it out, and I'll head to Kohl's with it after work. I'll let you know how that all goes.

Anybody else get defective merchandise this week?

Edited to add: The Kohl's experience for my Amazon Return was painless. Went to the Customer Service counter at the back of the store. They took my Amazon merchandise, scanned the return paperwork Amazon had emailed me, asked what was wrong with the item, printed a receipt, and that was that. The receipt they gave me had a Tracking Number for the returned item, AND a 25% discount for any Kohl's purchase in the next 7 days. Easy breezy.

Dave

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I've received most all my Prime Day purchases already. Only issue so far is the Altec-Lansing wireless earbuds I bought, while cool to look at, don't work. Everything appears right, but the left earpiece won't power on. So guess what's going back? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and I asked for an exact replacement. Amazon said they'll do that. We'll see what they send, and how it works out.

The cool part is I can use Kohl's to return the ones I have. They started that new "Amazon returns through Kohl's" thing this month, and there's a Kohl's not far from here. Amazon emailed me a return code and such. I printed it out, and I'll head to Kohl's with it after work. I'll let you know how that all goes.

Anybody else get defective merchandise this week?

Dave

Yup. I ordered parts for my lawn tractor. The trans-axle secondary clutch failed so while repairing the trans-axle I ordered new belts. They sent the wrong size belts. Haven't received the new mulching blades yet. The blades were 30% off.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Today I found a few items I wanted on Amazon cheaper then they were during the Prime sale.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Today I found a few items I wanted on Amazon cheaper then they were during the Prime sale.

Guess some of those giveaways and discounts were not attractive enough....and according to this article in Forbes, a significant jump in searches on how to cancel Amazon Prime membership....

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Guess some of those giveaways and discounts were not attractive enough....and according to this article in Forbes, a significant jump in searches on how to cancel Amazon Prime membership....

Yeah, with one small caveat...

The data set doesn’t include Google data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think my best prime deal was my trade up for a new Kindle Paperwhite. I had purchased a Kindle eReader 3 years ago, but it had NO backlighting, so reading in the day was fine, but reading in low lighting was not great.

I took advantage of the trade in offer ($15 Account Credit, applied instantly), with the prime day discount ($45), and the prime day trade in discount of 25%, and the Prime credit card points rewards (25%), and NO rush credit.

I paid $40 for the original eReader in 2016. It was 50% when i purchased it. I got back a $15 credit for the trade in offer. So basically the net charge was $25 for a eReader that I had for 3 years. That trade in also gave me a $32.50 discount (25% off full $130 price), which means i received a $47.50 credit for a device that I paid $40 for. What is interesting the trade in also gives you 25% of the price of a new Kindle Paperwhite, but they give that discount on the full price ($130), not just on the Prime day sale price which was reduced by $45 (so Prime day prices was $85). Which was an extra $11.25 discount I wasn't really expecting. Price was $41.30 that was charged to my CC.

Then they had bonus Prime rewards in which you get 25% in Chase Prime Rewards points. So I will end up with another $10.33 worth of rewards on my Amazon CC. I also opted for No Rush, which gives you a $1 ebook credit.

So the Net price of the new 10th Gen Kindle Paperwhite was $29.97 so if you throw in the price of my original kindle that is still only $69.97 not bad for 2 kindles and trade up.

If you have an old product to trade up, it could be worth it depending on what you paid in the first place.

I wasn't home so I opted for NO-rush, and received another $7 in ebook purchases for all of my Prime day purchases that I made 1 item per order.

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got toilet paper -- a 48-pack that after clipping a coupon, Prime Day deal, and promo code, was a net cost of $5.52. Opted for slow shipping to get the $1 digital credit, so $4.42 for 48 rolls of TP :)

I wanted to get the Mealthy Air Fryer lid for my Instant Pot but just couldn't pull the trigger on that for some reason. I'll keep my eye on it until Black Friday.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got toilet paper -- a 48-pack that after clipping a coupon, Prime Day deal, and promo code, was a net cost of $5.52. Opted for slow shipping to get the $1 digital credit, so $4.42 for 48 rolls of TP :)

I wanted to get the Mealthy Air Fryer lid for my Instant Pot but just couldn't pull the trigger on that for some reason. I'll keep my eye on it until Black Friday.

So the question is: For $4.42 is the Toilet Paper really toilet paper or does it actually feel like sandpaper?

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL - it's really toilet paper, Seventh Generation so not the squeezably soft stuff but we're used to using this or Scott for our septic system.