• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Anyone going the week of Aug 10? Looking for two extra people to share a boat trip on Island Roots with Jason.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Probably hard to get. First reason being those are fixed week, fixed unit. The SO values for the weeks are slightly different for certain weeks. For example the amount required for weeks 16-18 are 196,900, not 257,000. Weeks that don't overlap the same seasons would be the only way I can see.

I believe the pool villa when booking say occupancy 8 while the other phases are 10?

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I believe the pool villa when booking say occupancy 8 while the other phases are 10?
I now own a fix week 7 VGV, a 2BR Coral Vista Resort season fall and a Sunset Bay studio resort season summer. When I search for a resie ( I need One night in November) it identifies units as coral and sunset.
I assume because i am an owner it is showing me which Home Options I can use.
Finding this interesting.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I did! thanks so much. Scored two more nice Tommy's in the pod Saturday morning. Just got home on 7-3. We tacked our Explorer onto our week.

Great! The others chairs were probably from our WSJ neighbors Tuggers Eric and Carol that departed on Sat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We are going to try to reserve a studio WSJ for next year when the 9 month window opens. When I searched for availability it does show that there are studios available as of now. However, it doesn't indicate which section of the resort it would be in (Sunset Bay, Coral Vista or Virgin Grand). Does the resort just assign a section to you randomly or is the reservation for a particular section? Also, I don't recall which of Sunset Bay or Coral Vista was the last section built out from the hotel. Any insights would be appreciated.

This will be our second stay, assuming we can reserve something. Last time we stayed in a Virgin Grand 1BR. We are thinking we want to try either Sunset Bay or Coral Vista this time even though the units are smaller.

Best regards.

Mike

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We are going to try to reserve a studio WSJ for next year when the 9 month window opens. When I searched for availability it does show that there are studios available as of now. However, it doesn't indicate which section of the resort it would be in (Sunset Bay, Coral Vista or Virgin Grand). Does the resort just assign a section to you randomly or is the reservation for a particular section? Also, I don't recall which of Sunset Bay or Coral Vista was the last section built out from the hotel. Any insights would be appreciated.

This will be our second stay, assuming we can reserve something. Last time we stayed in a Virgin Grand 1BR. We are thinking we want to try either Sunset Bay or Coral Vista this time even though the units are smaller.

Best regards.

Mike

You mean at 8 months with SOs?
It matters what time of year you are trying to get into WSJ with SOs - not sure searching current availability is useful.

I would call (WSJ Front Desk - not Vistana) close to your (successful) reservation date to request phase - week or so.

Studios are common at WSJ - 1Bd are only at VGV (Hillside) phase.

Sunset Bay is newest phase - by Main Pool.

If you have vehicle - VGV is best IMO. We don’t even go down to Main Resort.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You mean at 8 months with SOs?
It matters what time of year you are trying to get into WSJ with SOs - not sure searching current availability is useful.

I would call (WSJ Front Desk - not Vistana) close to your (successful) reservation date to request phase - week or so.

Studios are common at WSJ - 1Bd are only at VGV (Hillside) phase.

Sunset Bay is newest phase - by Main Pool.

If you have vehicle - VGV is best IMO. We don’t even go down to Main Resort.

Thank you David.

Yes, I meant to say at the 8 month mark with SO’s. I realize that the inventory will change between now and when I can actually reserve a unit. I will plan to call the resort after I make the ressie and make a request.

Best regards.

Mike

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are leaving for WSJ in 4 days with 28 of our closest friends and family /happydance

I have three separate reservations myself plus our friends/family are renting 3 other units from "Larry" who apparently owns and rents about 30% of the resort it seems. About a third our group is staying off resort.

Excited to see what our unit (3428) looks like after the rebuild.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We are leaving for WSJ in 4 days with 28 of our closest friends and family /happydance

I have three separate reservations myself plus our friends/family are renting 3 other units from "Larry" who apparently owns and rents about 30% of the resort it seems. About a third our group is staying off resort.

Excited to see what our unit (3428) looks like after the rebuild.
That’s my unit! Please keep it tidy for our trip on Aug 10 :D

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many SO's came with that unit?

95,700 ... it really doesn’t matter though because it is a terrible timeshare to purchase for StarOptions. If I wasn’t going to use the unit I would rent it rather than use the options.

finztotheleft

Reaction score
I have looked through the boards to see if this has been brought up already. I did not see anything so if I missed it please forgive.

The Westin has asked the VI Economic Development Commission to allow them to decrease the required minimum employees from 250 to 150. This was first brought to the commission in Fall 2018 however nothing was heard at that time. Recently a business case was presented to the commission as to why and the details.

It has been known that the Westin has been trying to subcontract out all the restaurants and eliminate that from their overhead. Longboard was rumored to be taking the “Snorkels” restaurant at one point however there seems to be no progress there. The food and beverage staff JUST got benefits (insurance etc) meanwhile they began working again in January.

Personally- I get the business side of wanting to minimizing costs to maximize profit however the resort has been poorly staffed for years. Example: three to four bartenders used to staff snorkels each day. Most days now it is two. Mind you one bartender has half the bar, does the service bar which covers the only open restaurant, the pool, and the beach. Currently there is maybe....maybe one person waiting on the pool guests for food and drinks.

The golf cart team are busting their butts however there is always waiting involved. Housekeeping is inconsistent and on this trip required someone to come the next day and properly do a refresh. = wasted hours.

Has the requests of decreasing staff requirements been discussed with each HOA board??? I have not seen any documentation from Bayvista board.

https://stjohnsource.com/2019/06/12/westin-asks-to-cut-back-staff-requirement/

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we are in our unit again post hurricane. Couple weird issues. The AC sounds like a jet engine but most of the air comes out on first floor. And I think they screwed up the placement of the light over the dining room table.

ea6a344f01eecbf391193bbf0d6b446a.jpg

ksqdomer

Reaction score
I have looked through the boards to see if this has been brought up already. I did not see anything so if I missed it please forgive.

The Westin has asked the VI Economic Development Commission to allow them to decrease the required minimum employees from 250 to 150. This was first brought to the commission in Fall 2018 however nothing was heard at that time. Recently a business case was presented to the commission as to why and the details.

It has been known that the Westin has been trying to subcontract out all the restaurants and eliminate that from their overhead. Longboard was rumored to be taking the “Snorkels” restaurant at one point however there seems to be no progress there. The food and beverage staff JUST got benefits (insurance etc) meanwhile they began working again in January.

Personally- I get the business side of wanting to minimizing costs to maximize profit however the resort has been poorly staffed for years. Example: three to four bartenders used to staff snorkels each day. Most days now it is two. Mind you one bartender has half the bar, does the service bar which covers the only open restaurant, the pool, and the beach. Currently there is maybe....maybe one person waiting on the pool guests for food and drinks.

The golf cart team are busting their butts however there is always waiting involved. Housekeeping is inconsistent and on this trip required someone to come the next day and properly do a refresh. = wasted hours.

Has the requests of decreasing staff requirements been discussed with each HOA board??? I have not seen any documentation from Bayvista board.

https://stjohnsource.com/2019/06/12/westin-asks-to-cut-back-staff-requirement/
Interesting, we were there week 25 and the concierge said that Longboard was definitely taking over the food.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
So we are in our unit again post hurricane. Couple weird issues. The AC sounds like a jet engine but most of the air comes out on first floor. And I think they screwed up the placement of the light over the dining room table.

That’s very odd!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Ours as well - we hated the old lights (too bright) - but the location of the new DR light is ridiculous.

I know what you mean by the downstairs AC - our upstairs AC worked well. We kept the downstairs at 78F and upstairs at 76F.

We also had to call to get our missing LR chair - it came quickly.

also - There was a notice on our W/D Door that said the room rate was $1500/nite !!!!

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to pay my property taxes online. I need a control and an invoice number in order to do (link below). I can see the property tax bills online, but I never got them in the mail, and there is no control number or invoice number on the online bills.. any suggestions how to get that info?

https://propertytax.vi.gov/Login.aspx

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I am looking to pay my property taxes online. I need a control and an invoice number in order to do (link below). I can see the property tax bills online, but I never got them in the mail, and there is no control number or invoice number on the online bills.. any suggestions how to get that info?

https://propertytax.vi.gov/Login.aspx
With some clever searching (your name, etc) - you should be able to find your parcel number, then find your property tax bill. I have done this, but a while ago.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
With some clever searching (your name, etc) - you should be able to find your parcel number, then find your property tax bill. I have done this, but a while ago.

I sure did find the parcel and the tax bills, but none have the required control and invoice numbers required to pay the bills online!