• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prime Day: What you're finding (throughout the event) OR any similar findings from other outlets

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I know we had a thread on Prime Day earlier this week, but I thought a thread dedicated to what we may be finding as we find it might be of use to those who are actively shopping to find deals. The intended use of this thread is simple - if you see something really good (or better), post it here if you can.

Despite all efforts, with so many sales and promotions going on the next couple of days it will be easy to miss things.

One things to remember about Prime Day - it actually starts at 12 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Time on Monday, July 15th. That would be 1 a.m. Mountain Time, 2 a.m. Central Time, and 3 a.m. Eastern Time. (Those parts of the U.S. that do NOT observe daylight time, you're on your own!).

So what are you finding?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Some early deals on Amazon devices are now available - items like Fire Tablets, Echo Dots, and Fire TV stick.

And it should be noted that Wal Mart has their Big Save in progress now.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Our TV totally crapped out this weekend after slowly failing the past few months, and we did not want to buy a really good 50 inch one yet because we will be moving twice and there is also a possibility of having to put it in storage. So we looked at the Prime deals on Amazon for TV's this evening, but decided on a deal on Walmart for a 32 inch, Sceptre, 1080P, for $109.99 +tax and it will be delivered on Tuesday for free.

In the meantime we are using my deceased parent's 16 inch TV they used to have on their kitchen table. It is about 20 years old. LOL!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our TV totally crapped out this weekend after slowly failing the past few months, and we did not want to buy a really good 50 inch one yet because we will be moving twice and there is also a possibility of having to put it in storage. So we looked at the Prime deals on Amazon for TV's this evening, but decided on a deal on Walmart for a 32 inch, Sceptre, 1080P, for $109.99 +tax and it will be delivered on Tuesday for free.

In the meantime we are using my deceased parent's 16 inch TV they used to have on their kitchen table. It is about 20 years old. LOL!

No rabbit ears???? :D

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

$109 for a flat screen is a good buy! 15 years ago that same flat screen set would have cost in excess of $1,000.

Enjoy using the old box TV in the meantime!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
$109 for a flat screen is a good buy! 15 years ago that same flat screen set would have cost in excess of $1,000.

Enjoy using the old box TV in the meantime!

Yes. Thanks! found the receipt for the crapped out, 46 inch Samsung TV and it cost us $1100 in 2009!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One thing I am hoping occurs is that some of the few items I have in my shopping cart will have a significant discount.

On a side note, I read about CamelCamelCamel - an Amazon price tracking website. I just tried it and it gives you a history on the price of an item over time on Amazon. Interesting.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes. Thanks! found the receipt for the crapped out, 46 inch Samsung TV and it cost us $1100 in 2009!

Ten years isn't bad for any TV these days. Glad you found a replacement for cheap.

Dave

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
One thing I am hoping occurs is that some of the few items I have in my shopping cart will have a significant discount.

On a side note, I read about CamelCamelCamel - an Amazon price tracking website. I just tried it and it gives you a history on the price of an item over time on Amazon. Interesting.

I use their Firefox add-on. Very convenient for checking price history. Once installed, you just click the camel icon at the end of the URL line while the Amazon item is on your screen.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Great price on Eero WiFi bundles (these are very nice routers and WiFi extenders), and the 128gb iPad ($299) which would be perfect for reading TUG from your Hawaii timeshare...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It goes without saying that Amazon has a lot of items on their Prime Day sale - but one ding I think is fair here is their search capabilities (and filters) could use some improving. I understand why Amazon does not want their filter to work too well, but as currently designed the search filters are (at best) not nearly as helpful as they should be. I am watching sales on Smart Watches and bluetooth speakers but haven't seen anything that would make my buy - yet!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It appears that WalMart's offerings (posted yesterday) comprise the bulk of their competitive response to Amazon. In other words, I have not seen anything that appears to have been updated or changed since the initial publishing of their sale.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Ds is Getting Nintendo switch bundle at Walmart. They almost never go on sale. So the bundle saves about $50.
Need a new laptop but want hp or dell i5 ssd i5 for under $500. Might have to wait until Black Friday.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Best Buy has their competitive offerings in play now as well and I found a low cost portable bluetooth speaker there.
Should have know to head to Best Buy to check out electronic options.......

Bottom line: it appears that a lot of vendors are getting in on the action today.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On Amazon Prime, Instant Pot is 57% off, only $55.99!

We bought one a bit over a year ago and while we have not used it as much as I thought we might, it has been VERY handy for quickly making several chicken dishes.
I do suggest you purchase an extra inner ring and use the ring with similar dishes. For example, we make a BEP and ham soup (with green peppers and purple onions) and no matter what we do, the ring has absorbed the odor from that dish. With that in mind, we'll use this ring if we are making similarly flavored dishes, but if we make something sweet in the Instant Pot, we use a different ring.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Chromebook(school) and new Fire tablets(Christmas).

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Target is offering door busters on their website to compete with Prime days.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
On Amazon Prime, Instant Pot is 57% off, only $55.99!

Typical daily price is $70. It’s only 57% off if you compare today’s price to retail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a Traeger there is a flash deal for $489 @ 35% off on a Traeger renegade

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Went to see if Amazon had my hard to find Merrell Cedrus Sandals which are hard to find. I believe the womens were discontinued. There was no prime day special but a seller had them for $79.95.

Decided to do an internet search which a few weeks ago showed nothing in my size. Nordstrom Rack had them for $34.95, free shipping, a steal. I walk, hike, and go on the beach with these. I purchased 8 pairs all because of Prime Day nudging me to search. Ok maybe 8 pairs are excessive but I have been wearing these for years, nothing is better nor comes close.

Hoping I don’t get an email canceling order, not in stock.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went to see if Amazon had my hard to find Merrell Cedrus Sandals which are hard to find. I believe the womens were discontinued. There was no prime day special but a seller had them for $79.95.

Decided to do an internet search which a few weeks ago showed nothing in my size. Nordstrom Rack had them for $34.95, free shipping, a steal. I walk, hike, and go on the beach with these. I purchased 8 pairs all because of Prime Day nudging me to search. Ok maybe 8 pairs are excessive but I have been wearing these for years, nothing is better nor comes close.

Hoping I don’t get an email canceling order, not in stock.

I can see that any future move for you will involve a lot packing in/from the shoe closet!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I can see that any future move for you will involve a lot packing in/from the shoe closet!
LOL, I almost didn’t order as I am looking to move and dread the packing. I normally do not like excess or clutter, this was a big exception for me.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I wanted to replace my older Fire 7" tablet. I found a Fire 8" tablet, which supports Alexa Show which the 7" doesn't, for $32. With the trade in of the old 7" tablet the net cost is $22.