• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

British Columbia Timeshare Vacation

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on timeshare resorts
in Victoria and Vancouver in British Columbia

What are the chances of getting summer 2020
with RCI How many tpu`s does it take to get a
studio or one bedroom at a WorldMark Resort?

What are some of the top tourist attractions
and how are the golf courses in these areas?

Would be traveling to/from by car
Ferry from Bellingham Washington

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your chances of getting a WM in Victoria or Vancouver in summer are very close to zero. Summer in both those locations books up by members well in advance, and worldmark does bulk deposits so members can't put that in.

Victoria also on has 2 bedroom and larger units, which would make it more costly in TPU even if it did come up.

I have seen the Rosedale on Robson come up before, although that may have been in II.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I think the better car ferry is from Port Angeles.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Would you consider Whistler? I just returned from a week in Whistler through RCI, and had a great time. That will be an easier exchange, but start an ongoing search right away if your looking fo next summer. If you have RCI points, check that exactly 10 months out as well.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I wouldn't take a ferry from Bellingham anywhere except to Alaska. You can drive to Vancouver from Bellingham in about an hour, not counting wait time at the Border. If you time it right, there often is no wait at the Border, so it's easily done.

As Tom says above, the car ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria is well worth doing. But to get there, you need to drive about 90 minutes south from Bellingham to ride another ferry, from Coupeville to Port Townsend, then drive an hour to Port Angeles. Catching the ferry to Victoria is easy from there. It's a nice drive, and the ferry ride to Port Townsend is quite scenic.

Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I assumed the OP is coming in from Alaska since that is the only destination for the ferry in Bellingham.
If going to Victoria, the ferry out of Anacortes is the best option, especially with a car; cheaper, closer and more scenic as you travel through the San Juans. Next best would be Tswassen near Vancouver through the Gulf Islands. For any of the above options to Victoria, reservations are mandatory for summer travel.

I think Whistler is a good suggestion; it has more timeshares than other choices. Otherwise, you really need to do a trade with a WM or VI owner.

Sue

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flying in from the East Coast
to visit relatives in Bellingham

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might consider pushing your visit back to September or early October for your trip. Early fall is beautiful in the Pacific Northwest and there is more availability when the kids are back in school. I love the location of this timeshare in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. Have not seen a lot of inventory available though.

Lagoon Shores
San Juan Island
Roche Harbor WA 98250

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
You might consider pushing your visit back to September or early October for your trip. Early fall is beautiful in the Pacific Northwest and there is more availability when the kids are back in school. I love the location of this timeshare in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. Have not seen a lot of inventory available though.

Lagoon Shores
San Juan Island
Roche Harbor WA 98250

Zero chance of getting a summer week here. May is very possible; I've gotten it twice. I haven't tried Sept or Oct but got a March week on a super cheap Extra Vacation.

Sue

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Zero chance of getting a summer week here. May is very possible; I've gotten it twice. I haven't tried Sept or Oct but got a March week on a super cheap Extra Vacation.

Sue
How was the weather in May?

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
May can be very nice, but the spring weather is not predictable. This year, May has been the nicest month weather wise, June and early July have not been as nice. July is now changing and it appears we will get more sunny days. Not nice tends to mean more cloud, temperatures in the range of 15 to 20 C, and periodic showers. One can still get out and do almost anyhting they wish.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have been to Vancouver Island as early as May and as late as October. We were lucky and always got good weather. Same in Vancouver.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
How was the weather in May?

Some sun, some clouds, it might rain; it's the Pacific NW. We go out regardless. Early May is when the prairie flowers are blooming at American Camp at San Juan Island National Historic Park. The San Juans are ideal for bicycling, through getting groceries on a bike for a week would be a challenge. Roche Harbor has minimal services and you need to pick up groceries in Friday Harbor but you could do that on your way home from the ferry dock after a day trip to Lopez or Shaw Islands.

Sue

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
I'll be shocked if we get a trade w/ RCi into the western Rockies of B.C. for May 2020. We were hoping to use a t/s as a base to see the Banff/Jasper area after we disembark from a cruise in Vancouver. We've had an ongoing search in since April.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I'll be shocked if we get a trade w/ RCi into the western Rockies of B.C. for May 2020. We were hoping to use a t/s as a base to see the Banff/Jasper area after we disembark from a cruise in Vancouver. We've had an ongoing search in since April.

I'll be shocked if you don't get it. Eastern BC has a high concentration of timeshares and May is early season yet so it is usually a very easy trade. I just booked Bighorn Meadows for the last week in May in II. It looks like RCI hasn't gotten any May weeks yet, but they will come through.
Radium Hotsprings to Fairmount is ok for Banff/Kootenay and Yoho, but Jasper is really too far for a day trip. It's more doable if you are based in Canmore so you might want to add that to your search list.

Sue

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if you don't get it. Eastern BC has a high concentration of timeshares and May is early season yet so it is usually a very easy trade. I just booked Bighorn Meadows for the last week in May in II. It looks like RCI hasn't gotten any May weeks yet, but they will come through.
Radium Hotsprings to Fairmount is ok for Banff/Kootenay and Yoho, but Jasper is really too far for a day trip. It's more doable if you are based in Canmore so you might want to add that to your search list.

Sue

I agree with this. I think that is a very doable trade.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Ditto. I had an last minute ePlus retrade I was looking to make and watched II listings heavily this last May. Had the chance for a number of resorts in May - including Bighorn Meadows.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Thanks for the encouraging words! Hopefully a match will be made. If we did venture to Jasper, we'd spend a night in that area. It's worked out on other trades if we leave midweek to visit an area that is not doable as a day trip.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Tacoma is a TUGGER and she is very knowledgeable about Worldmark. Give her a message (;

Not a trader but have you tried to book Pacific Shores in Parksville? That is a beautiful part of the island. The resort has gone through ownership issues...Tacoma also owns a summer week there...she might have some connections.

If you can get some time at Worldmark Victoria...I would snap it up. It is a lovely resort and in a prime location. Fall is a nice time of year also.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here at the Worldmark Sundance in Whistler now (leaving tomorrow the day before the big Ironman competition). There are 2 properties here - Sundance and Cascades. Sundance has bigger units and is near the Creekside village. Cascades has nothing larger than a 1BR AFAIK but is located near the main Whistler village and has a pool (Sundance does not). It is beautiful here and I love the 2BR loft units that are on the top floor at Sundance -- my 5th time staying here and we come almost every summer (and sometimes winter). As others have mentioned, trading would be difficult but I'd put in a request anyway -- you never know.

Good luck.

-ryan

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went to the AAA Car Care Travel Center near BWI
to pick up some Canada & West Coast maps and
travel guides. They have a huge selection of both.

barto

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tacoma is a TUGGER and she is very knowledgeable about Worldmark. Give her a message (;

Not a trader but have you tried to book Pacific Shores in Parksville? That is a beautiful part of the island. The resort has gone through ownership issues...Tacoma also owns a summer week there...she might have some connections.

If you can get some time at Worldmark Victoria...I would snap it up. It is a lovely resort and in a prime location. Fall is a nice time of year also.

Pacific Shores no longer shows up in RCI from a quick search - I assume because the resort was sold and the new owner took it out of the directory, although perhaps there are still some units under different ownership? Would love to know - we're in love with that place! Helps that we managed to book (as a hotel) one of the 600 block units this past June... just...wow. Would love to be able to use an exchange to get in there again (Points in particular)!

There's Old House in Courtenay, north of Parksville - that one should still be available for Points, at least.

Bart

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Bart...Tacoma...or Joan (; is a good friend. She used to own a summer week at Pacific Shores..not sure if she still does. She would be a good person to message if you have any questions.

Not sure if you only use points. We love a nice place called Inn Off the Sea near Parksville. It is an old timeshare building that went into recievership many years ago. Units are individually owned. Look it up on the internet...lots of owners rent their units out...we have been going there for 15 years and like it better than Pacific Shores!!!

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Pacific Shores was sold and is no longer a timeshare. Anyone with a week is getting a check very soon for over $750 (I assume Canadian Dollars) and I think there is a smaller payment after the taxes are all settled. VI offered us owners points for free but without access to Pacific Shores I didn't think they offered much that worldmark doesn't have so I didn't want to take on another maintenance fee. You think you're disappointed that week at Pacific Shores prime summer was my retirement plan.
Joan

barto

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you only use points. We love a nice place called Inn Off the Sea near Parksville. It is an old timeshare building that went into recievership many years ago. Units are individually owned. Look it up on the internet...lots of owners rent their units out...we have been going there for 15 years and like it better than Pacific Shores!!!

Hadn't heard of it, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! Looks like it's about 50 minutes south of Parksville... a bit of a drive, of course, but maybe I can convince my wife to give it a try. We really got used to being close to Parksville and Qualicum, both of which we really like. And quick access to Coombs for an obligatory visit to Cuckoo's restaurant! :)

Always great to have options, and that's one I wasn't aware of, so many thanks for pointing it out!