• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8wks and counting for Title Transfer

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They are prob delaying so your resale week will close after they announce a joint program LOL. Ugh
When Marriott did their initial changeover to DC, they based it off of deed recording date.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
When Marriott did their initial changeover to DC, they based it off of deed recording date.

How long does it take for a deed to be recorded generally?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How long does it take for a deed to be recorded generally?
Many companies do it electronically, so just a few days or even hours. Regarding this whole transfer process, it isn't the closing date or recording date that matters. It is the date that they actually sent the paperwork off to Vistana to complete the transfer in their system. This could be long after recording date if you have a bad closing company.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Many companies do it electronically, so just a few days or even hours. Regarding this whole transfer process, it isn't the closing date or recording date that matters. It is the date that they actually sent the paperwork off to Vistana to complete the transfer in their system. This could be long after recording date if you have a bad closing company.

I def don’t understand the logistics of that.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are prob delaying so your resale week will close after they announce a joint program LOL. Ugh
I bought this week knowing I may not be able to enroll it. If they announce any enrollment program, it makes sense to include all weeks purchased until that date. Yet, this is an arbitrary date, they can say it is up to that date or the date they purchased ILG or any other date they come up with.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I bought this week knowing I may not be able to enroll it. If they announce any enrollment program, it makes sense to include all weeks purchased until that date. Yet, this is an arbitrary date, they can say it is up to that date or the date they purchased ILG or any other date they come up with.
Me too. I signed two contracts two days ago. Trying to get another. Tbh I’m ok with it being in SVN mandatory anyway.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
to be honest it is a bit frustrating to wait for these transfers especially since I know (or assume) how little work is involved, especially for existing Vistana owners. They just have to take the contract nnnnnn and put it under my account. How complicated can that be? If most transfers take now 6-8 weeks they can be 12 weeks in the future. I heard Whyndham can take up to 6 months so there is always room for worse. This has consequences for current year reservations and SOs. If i get current year SO's now (not the case with my purchase), they are pretty useless since they cannot be banked and the good inventory for 2019 is long gone. Even for the next spring travelling it is starting to be tight.

I guess that the developers do not care for 2 reasons:
1) this is not a profit center for them and they can always prioritize direct sales (maybe they do it already)
2) they profit from any lost current points and weeks, they can just rent them for $

Last edited:

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Just got my account put online to book a reservation. Vistana needed a W-9 to link my accounts since my address was different on my contract. Moral is to make sure ALL of your purchases have the same addresses.

I have made my reservation and am happy.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It’s maddening especially when you give them your account # and it’s nowhere to be found.Grrr

I understand that EDI is cost prohibitive but I wish they had a portal where you can scan and transmit.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got my account put online to book a reservation. Vistana needed a W-9 to link my accounts since my address was different on my contract. Moral is to make sure ALL of your purchases have the same addresses.

I have made my reservation and am happy.
congratulations!!! In my case, there is no change of address or anything else so the delay is due solely to the internal mechanics at the Title transfers dept.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if Vistana and now Marriott do not recognize that by making the transfer process unnecessarily long and with steps not performed at the same time (linking accounts, Star options showing in the account) they actually put more pressure on the members service department since we have to contact them several times for the same issues.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
They need to automate sooner rather than later. I found our last buy finally. It was created under a separate account so now we wait for a transfer to correct

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
got access to HRC website today. Only two week after the county stamped the deed. Much faster than my Vistana week. Strange since I though Marriott was doing both

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
one of the steps I really do not understand, why do they have to link afterwords the new account with the old ones? It looks to me that when Vistana receives a new deed, instead of looking up in the system if the owners are existing members and add the new contract to the old ones, they create a new profile (more work) then they have to link the profiles, even more work. This probably requires 2-3 dept to be involved. It does not make sense to me.

Also, one of the last steps for many resale owners is to add the week to the Interval account. This part should also be simplified, just log in the Vistana account, pay the 40 dollars to enroll a new week and the rest should be done automatically. Instead, you have to call Interval and Vistana frequently more than once each.

Last edited:

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
one of the steps I really do not understand, why do they have to link afterwords the new account with the old ones? It looks to me that when Vistana receives a new deed, instead of looking up in the system if the owners are existing members and add the new contract to the old ones, they create a new profile (more work) then they have to link the profiles. This probably requires 2-3 dept to be involved. It does not make sense to me.

If there is any discrepancy at all - phone number, different or missing email, mailing address, or any slight variation in name spelling (e.g. middle initial on one ownership but not the other), accounts won’t link. Contact info and name(s) must be absolutely identical. If they didn’t link, make sure to update all contact info to be identical and have rep submit request with resolution team. I usually get the requests fulfilled within 24-48 hours to link up accounts.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is any discrepancy at all - phone number, different or missing email, mailing address, or any slight variation in name spelling (e.g. middle initial on one ownership but not the other), accounts won’t link. Contact info and name(s) must be absolutely identical. If they didn’t link, make sure to update all contact info to be identical and have rep submit request with resolution team. I usually get the requests fulfilled within 24-48 hours to link up accounts.
this is what they say but it is not true from my experience. Anticipating such issues, after the first week I bought I always copied/pasted the personal info from the first contract when I sent it to the closing companies (and they added to the docs the same way). The info has always been the same, the result differed with each contract. Will it take 24-48 hours to link up the accounts? I do not know, I hope so but it is an unnecessary step. Vistana told me thought that it may take up to 30-60 days!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
this is what they say but it is not true from my experience. Anticipating such issues, after the first week I bought I always copied/pasted the personal info from the first contract when I sent it to the closing companies (and they added to the docs the same way). The info has always been the same, the result differed with each contract. Will it take 24-48 hours to link up the accounts? I do not know, I hope so but it is an unnecessary step. Vistana told me thought that it may take up to 30-60 days!
Sounds like none of the Time S companies put any $$$ in their Internal System nor IT. it’s coding ppl. I shouldn’t have to contact you to resolve an issue in your system. You should not automatically setup a new account w/out some level of internal troubleshooting.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
one of the steps I really do not understand, why do they have to link afterwords the new account with the old ones? It looks to me that when Vistana receives a new deed, instead of looking up in the system if the owners are existing members and add the new contract to the old ones, they create a new profile (more work) then they have to link the profiles, even more work. This probably requires 2-3 dept to be involved. It does not make sense to me.

Also, one of the last steps for many resale owners is to add the week to the Interval account. This part should also be simplified, just log in the Vistana account, pay the 40 dollars to enroll a new week and the rest should be done automatically. Instead, you have to call Interval and Vistana frequently more than once each.
Yes. Once again coding.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
THis was the experience we had. On a new resale purchase the closing company had the address match our account info, but they also included the county where we lived. Vistana created a separate account. They were able to fix it pretty easily.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes some agents will give you the 30 day BS. I had this situation happen in dozens of transfers, sometimes they fixed it within 24 hours and sometimes a few days, and other times I had to call back to bug them.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the current waiting?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Vistana is currently processing any transfers?

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Does anyone know if Vistana is currently processing any transfers?
[/QUOTE

I did a resale in mid January and it was processed last week.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Correction 2 weeks ago.