• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner's discount for other people in the party.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next year we will with friends and family to Lagunamar so we will book a 2 bdr and a 1 bdr. Can everyone have the owner's discount at the restaurants? I am thinking to keep both reservations in my name (we check in the same day and we will arrive before the others) and pay the deposit for both condos at check in. Is this the easiest way?

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took friends this January and we each had 1 bedroom units. I booked the rooms and kept them in my name. They provided a credit card for any incidentals. They got the discounts, no issues.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I’ve seen the discount available to all “owners” — defined as the actual owners, guests staying in the villa with the owners, or exchangers (Staroptions and II)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
as far as I know, the owner discount is not for II exchangers, unless they are Vistana or Marriott owners.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I’ve done my home reservation 2bd plus an II getaway. Kept them both in my name and have gotten the discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took friends this January and we each had 1 bedroom units. I booked the rooms and kept them in my name. They provided a credit card for any incidentals. They got the discounts, no issues.

If you remember, at the restaurant when your friends paid a bill (charged it to the room) did they say your name (since the room was in your name) or theirs?

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you remember, at the restaurant when your friends paid a bill (charged it to the room) did they say your name (since the room was in your name) or theirs?
They didn't go to any restaurant on site. I do know my friends wife booked a spa day and was told there was no discount for that.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I’m almost positive it is linked to the room not the name. When we check in they take all our passports and names for the room. We get as many discount cards as I want from the concierge. Usually we don’t have to show them though because it comes up when we give our room numbers. My friends can sign their own names since they are listed on the room. We are usually together in a group though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
as far as I know, the owner discount is not for II exchangers, unless they are Vistana or Marriott owners.
I got the discount many years ago when trading in from Marriott to WLR. No affiliation at that time. Friend went a couple years ago on a getaway I got them through II and they got the discount. It seems the discount is based on a timeshare stay vs. stay booked through a hotel site (Marriott.com, etc)