• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nanea to be sold only as flex later this summer

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is what I would expect. The trust has to hold real estate. But it does look like they conveyed a bunch of Nanea HomeOption points (7.4MM) over to the trust in this conveyance.

ETA: It looks like there are a bunch of them. Perhaps the 7.4MM plus the event week points consist of a single unit at Nanea.

You are correct. That is the deed for one whole Nanea unit. That number of points corresponds to 50 weeks of resort view exactly, and the two event weeks are separate right below.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
At least Vistana is trying to consolidate their flex programs. I think they made a huge mistake when they started fragmenting their products in to weeks and different home option systems (Nanea, WSJ) along with the two flex products (Sheraton and Westin). They really should have only had two distinct trust products; Westin Flex and Sheraton Flex.

I think the fact that they dumped these points in to Westin Flex means that they expect these flex products to survive a combined program. Otherwise why not just convey Nanea straight to MVC DC Trust?

jackball

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
That makes no sense -- and it was a salesperson's lips moving.

HomeOptions or Westin Flex permit reservations at the twelve month mark -- for units owned by the appropriate trust. I have to believe that all current Nanea HomeOptions owners will have access to a reservation pool that contains units covering all of the HomeOptions sold to date. And that WestinFlex owners will have access to a separate reservation pool that contains units covering all of the WestinFlex to be sold in the future.

And never the twain shall meet -- until the eight month mark when developer purchasers of either can use their resulting StarOptions for either pool of units.

Perhaps I misunderstood/misspoke. What you say sounds reasonable, but new purchasers after August 6 will not have a reservation window exclusive to them. Perhaps it doesn’t make a real difference - I’m not familiar with the Westin Flex program but I would think Maui would have more demand than other resorts in that trust.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Perhaps I misunderstood/misspoke. What you say sounds reasonable, but new purchasers after August 6 will not have a reservation window exclusive to them. Perhaps it doesn’t make a real difference - I’m not familiar with the Westin Flex program but I would think Maui would have more demand than other resorts in that trust.

You are very correct that Westin Flex owners will have a lot of competition for reserving Nanea weeks. The Westin Flex trust will have lots of owners and will own lots of units -- very few of which will be Nanea units. At the twelve month mark, those thousands of owners will compete for perhaps a couple hundred Nanea units. Anyone purchasing Westin Flex to reserve Nanea takes a major risk of being disappointed (and that doesn't even consider the parking structure views).

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I think Flex may survive as well.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
At the twelve month mark, those thousands of owners will compete for perhaps a couple hundred Nanea units.

One Nanea unit, not a couple hundred, according to above, no?

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
One Nanea unit, not a couple hundred, according to above, no?

I was estimating that if all future Nanea sales are through the Westin Flex trust, that would be a couple hundred of Nanea's 380 units.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Glad I own WKORV OF (especially with the reef right out front). The OFC is a better value - there is a hefty premium for the corner panoramic view of the OFD.

The PL View at Nanea bothered us less that the friggin’ beeping every 10-15min from the shuttle in reverse to turnaround. Whoever decided on this should be fired.

I suspect Nanea will see a decrease in purchase cost over time (based on Historical info) - OF less so that RV - but it has happened to both M and V resorts (V resorts more so).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I was estimating that if all future Nanea sales are through the Westin Flex trust, that would be a couple hundred of Nanea's 380 units.

I’m surprised by this. You’d think they’d want to sell out Nanea HomeOptions first so they can churn it later into Westin Flex. This is certainly good for Flex owners....

jackball

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
So less than 10% being conveyed to Westin Flex? Surely the will convey more?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I guess it matters how much is unsold. They could also be retaining inventory to rent for cash or offer for promo packages.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder which building. It would make a huge difference at Nanea.
Isn't Nanea floating units? If so, building doesn't matter since they could assign you to whatever unit in the Resort View category, regardless if you booked with Nanea HomeOptions or Westin Flex HomeOptions.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Isn't Nanea floating units? If so, building doesn't matter since they could assign you to whatever unit in the Resort View category, regardless if you booked with Nanea HomeOptions or Westin Flex HomeOptions.

I am confused also. One post earlier in this thread said that Nanea HomeOptions were transferred into the Westin Flex trust. If so, those units would obviously be floating. Post #63 above states that one of the buildings was "registered" into the Westin Flex trust; that may mean the same thing or it could be that only the units in that building are part of the Westin Flex trust. I won't pretend to know which.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I wonder which building. It would make a huge difference at Nanea.

From a practical standpoint, I suspect that all that matters is that these weeks are resort view. I would think the resort has the ability to place any guest in any unit in a certain category regardless of building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am confused also. One post earlier in this thread said that Nanea HomeOptions were transferred into the Westin Flex trust. If so, those units would obviously be floating. Post #63 above states that one of the buildings was "registered" into the Westin Flex trust; that may mean the same thing or it could be that units in the building are now part of the Westin Flex trust. I won't pretend to know which.
They could have transferred all of the units from one specific building, but from a technical standpoint there is nothing forcing them to put those booking with Westin Flex in to units in that building since the CC&Rs support a floating system and the Westin Flex trust is an owner just like everyone else.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Flex Owner Letter

Dear Owner,

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas has been added to the Westin Flex vacation program, giving you even more flexibility to explore the beautiful island of Maui.

This is exciting news because you're now able to use your Home Options from the Westin Flex program to reserve stays at this unique retreat as early as 12 months before your planned arrival at your home resort.*

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas joins your other seven Westin Flex villa resorts:
  • The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas
  • The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas North
  • The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
  • The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert
  • The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas, Palm Springs
  • The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas
  • The Westin Kierland Villas
To reserve your next vacation, go to vistana.com.

Reaction score
Apologies if this is something that is not known yet but how exactly will this affect existing Nanea owners? Will Flex owners be limited to 36 units per week (which they would compete for amongst other flex owners) or will we be competing with all the flex owners all the time now? Ie can an unlimited number of flex owners sign up at the 12m mark or will they be limited to 36 units? Thanks!

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Apologies if this is something that is not known yet but how exactly will this affect existing Nanea owners? Will Flex owners be limited to 36 units per week (which they would compete for amongst other flex owners) or will we be competing with all the flex owners all the time now? Ie can an unlimited number of flex owners sign up at the 12m mark or will they be limited to 36 units? Thanks!

Theoretically Flex owners should be competing for 36 units (or more, when/if more weeks are added to the Flex trust). However, we cannot see behind the curtain.

Rman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theoretically Flex owners should be competing for 36 units (or more, when/if more weeks are added to the Flex trust). However, we cannot see behind the curtain.
I am at wkorvn now, went for a presentation two days ago, they were pushing nanea resort view for sale at 60 + , with flex is a lot cheaper to buy in for resort view

don't think oceanfront will ever go into flex as almost double the price, at 110 or 120+ etc..

With flex just adding Nanea that is actually really good for the flex product and the buy in is going to be so much cheaper now, may consider buying flex on resale now if comes up,
the agent kept mentioning pool will be smaller but don't think will matter much,

They did not want to take my wkorv ocean view deeded week for trade in , was not going to anyways, but they did mention it is good to own a deeded week as the pool is better .

will see if I can find anything else out from the agent here, but won't hold breath if not that forthcoming with proper data

cheers Aloha

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Flex Owner Letter

Dear Owner,

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas has been added to the Westin Flex vacation program, giving you even more flexibility to explore the beautiful island of Maui.

This is exciting news because you're now able to use your Home Options from the Westin Flex program to reserve stays at this unique retreat as early as 12 months before your planned arrival at your home resort.*

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas joins your other seven Westin Flex villa resorts:
  • The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas
  • The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas North
  • The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
  • The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert
  • The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas, Palm Springs
  • The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas
  • The Westin Kierland Villas
To reserve your next vacation, go to vistana.com.
I guess the fact that they are adding Nanea to the Westin flex is giving an indication of what will NOT change if MVC integrates the programs. As others said, the Flex programs are here to stay and the Vistana reps will continue to sell them for the foreseeable future.