• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Indiana toddler, allegedly dangled by grandfather, dies after plunging 150 feet from cruise ship

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
As someone who has managed to fall down in several inconvenient places without very good reasons, I would expect public places to have some safety measures to protect all of us, whether impaired or just clumsy. Large open windows several stories high with no railings would make me pretty nervous.

Sheila

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
As someone who has managed to fall down in several inconvenient places without very good reasons, I would expect public places to have some safety measures to protect all of us, whether impaired or just clumsy. Large open windows several stories high with no railings would make me pretty nervous.

Sheila
that's a fair point. Nowadays, if you have stairs leading up to your house or pool that reach a height of four feet or more, those stairs are required to have a railing.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
So true. We had difficulty getting homeowners insurance because we have a wrap-around porch with no railing. Highest point is probably 3' off the ground, but several companies denied us insurance. The height was only one step up at the primary point of entry.

Sheila

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
So true. We had difficulty getting homeowners insurance because we have a wrap-around porch with no railing. Highest point is probably 3' off the ground, but several companies denied us insurance. The height was only one step up at the primary point of entry.

Sheila
That's pathetic! This world is becoming full of pansy little snowflakes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Large open windows several stories high with no railings would make me pretty nervous.
Where did you read that there was no railings? What I saw was the sliding window was several feet above the deck, and the grandfather placed the child on the window ledge. Nowhere did I see that the open window had no railing.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It is probably only a matter of time until they put metal cage material or plexiglass over every balcony and above every railing on these cruise ships to idiot-proof them.

Kurt

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.insideedition.com/famil...ter-toddler-fell-out-cruise-ship-window-54291

Okay, this makes more sense. The grandfather didn't know the window was open. He put her in the window and she was going to bang on the glass, which wasn't there and that sent her to her death. I couldn't find the picture that I saw of the windows being looked at by staff after the incident, but they looked like the windows in my attachment towards the top of the ship where there very large windows that have a bottom and a top (floor to ceiling). The parts that open are the top parts. I don't think the ones in my link are the exact same ones, but they look like the ones in the picture that I saw somewhere.

I see people put their kids in the windows on Disney all the time. Of course, those windows don't open at all. I can understand why the Grandfather didn't realize the window was open.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please read cruise critics for some comments. RCCL has locked this topics on the CC website.
You can read more under the Celebrity Cruise Line Board about this incident.
Topics Subject: "Horrible Story, What was he thinking."
Read page 4 ; posts 82 & 85.