• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s all calm down and be logical

Status
Not open for further replies.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
WOw! I have read two threads in which there has been feuding about what Marriott MAY or MAY NOT do if trying to integrate the two systems. I have heard Marriott owners being referred to as entitled and their properties referred to as “garbage”

I hereby as a Marriott owner say let’s have a TRUCE! VISTANA anD MARRIOTT systems have something positive to offer. We are trying to be united by the developer one way or the other. What everyone will still have is there timeshare system as to what they SIGNED IN THEIR CONTRACT. Often people forget to read that contract. This is important because no matter who buys whom, the contract that was signed by the timeshare owner must be honored. So Vistana owners, you will NOT lose your ability to do what you signed up for and Marriott cannot take that away. From my experience when my original timeshare was bought and then the next company bought that one, I only experienced more choices which I liked. I went t from 11 properties with my original companay, to about 20 something to about I can’t even remember now how many are available with the last one who bought us.

I believe that the concern for Vistana owners is what will actually happen? How will Marriott change what they already do. Will they lose what privileges they already have? Will it be more difficult now to make reservations with now a POSSIBILITY of 400,000 new owners trying to invade their system. Marriott owners feel, they have been told that there would be more resorts and locations to visit and now that this new acquisition of resorts has been bought, are they going to see the benefit of their hard earned dollars come to fruition with what has been promised to them before the merger took place.

Everyone needs to calm down and be logical. The sky is not falling. What we hear from sale staff at this time is not reliable. I have bought my timeshare from Marriott all from corporate. I have gotten the best deals and the NO LIES when dealing with them. I cannot say that I have had that privilege with the site sales teams. They still don’t have any news about the new timeshares.

We can speculate all we want. However, know that it is speculation. What we could be doing is looking at each others’ properties and start discussing the pluses and minuses of each of them. What do we like about our properties? Whey do we vacation there each year? How is the maintenance of the place. When was it last refurbished? This should be something we should consider and not trying to bash each others’ beloved properties and systems.

Change will be here in a year or so for those who like it or not. Remember, you can always do what your contract stated you could do and that cannot be changed Vistana.

By the way, VISTANA, STARWOOD, HYATT, and WESTIN OWNERS, welcome to the MARRIOTT site and potentially/maybe into the family. If we all remain together, may be have a great symbiotic or integrated relationship!

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
WOw! I have read two threads in which there has been feuding about what Marriott MAY or MAY NOT do if trying to integrate the two systems. I have heard Marriott owners being referred to as entitled and their properties referred to as “garbage”

I hereby as a Marriott owner say let’s have a TRUCE! VISTANA anD MARRIOTT systems have something positive to offer. We are trying to be united by the developer one way or the other. What everyone will still have is there timeshare system as to what they SIGNED IN THEIR CONTRACT. Often people forget to read that contract. This is important because no matter who buys whom, the contract that was signed by the timeshare owner must be honored. So Vistana owners, you will NOT lose your ability to do what you signed up for and Marriott cannot take that away. From my experience when my original timeshare was bought and then the next company bought that one, I only experienced more choices which I liked. I went t from 11 properties with my original companay, to about 20 something to about I can’t even remember now how many are available with the last one who bought us.

I believe that the concern for Vistana owners is what will actually happen? How will Marriott change what they already do. Will they lose what privileges they already have? Will it be more difficult now to make reservations with now a POSSIBILITY of 400,000 new owners trying to invade their system. Marriott owners feel, they have been told that there would be more resorts and locations to visit and now that this new acquisition of resorts has been bought, are they going to see the benefit of their hard earned dollars come to fruition with what has been promised to them before the merger took place.

Everyone needs to calm down and be logical. The sky is not falling. What we hear from sale staff at this time is not reliable. I have bought my timeshare from Marriott all from corporate. I have gotten the best deals and the NO LIES when dealing with them. I cannot say that I have had that privilege with the site sales teams. They still don’t have any news about the new timeshares.

We can speculate all we want. However, know that it is speculation. What we could be doing is looking at each others’ properties and start discussing the pluses and minuses of each of them. What do we like about our properties? Whey do we vacation there each year? How is the maintenance of the place. When was it last refurbished? This should be something we should consider and not trying to bash each others’ beloved properties and systems.

Change will be here in a year or so for those who like it or not. Remember, you can always do what your contract stated you could do and that cannot be changed Vistana.

By the way, VISTANA, STARWOOD, HYATT, and WESTIN OWNERS, welcome to the MARRIOTT site and potentially/maybe into the family. If we all remain together, may be have a great symbiotic or integrated relationship!
Well timed.
I was planning to comment on the issue this afternoon, just trying to choose my words carefully, so as not to fan the flames any further.
Over recent days, the vitriole expressed in some of the posts has been very disappointing to read and at times in my view really rather unnecessarily hostile.
I do hope we can return to a collaborative exchange of sharing knowledge, speculation, ideas ...etc in a positive way.
We won’t always agree with each other, we never did even just in the old MVC world (or even older Marriott world), but I would like to believe we can offer our different opinions constructively and without malice - please.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
good post. I suspect there is only a minority of owners, on both sides, that does not welcome the integration.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I think a few people are a little to stressed out about this merger. Maybe a few drinking the kool-aid given out at owners updates.

Repeat after me: I hope I have access. I’ll listen to the requirements to have access. I’ll plan on using my ownership as I’m accustomed and understand they can’t take away benefits they’ve put in writing, such as my right to use what I’ve purchased.

I’ll be glad when MVC makes its final announcement and we can start tearing down what they’ve done and how to make it work best.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I've put a moderator warning in the Is 2019 the 'Year of the Timeshare'? thread, and am closing this one so that the incivility doesn't continue here.

Carlito, you mention two threads in the first post here - could you please send me a Private Message with the other thread title so I can put the warning there, too? Thanks!

[ETA] Warning in
MOC vs WKOVR: Resale Value thread now, too. (Thanks, Fastter!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.