• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package Restrictions

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a 4 night Encore package for the first time that we will need to use in the next 2 years. I just noticed that the fine print restrictions state that it can't be used in conjunction with other MVC offers. We will likely use this in combination with DC point reservations, preferably at the same resort. Has anyone tried to use an Encore package back to back with another MVC reservation (weeks or points)?

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Yes I have done it a couple of times at Hilton Head using points and encore package. Call them but it shouldnot be an issue.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using your DC points to make a reservation is not another "offer".

You are simply using your timeshare.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a 4 night Encore package for the first time that we will need to use in the next 2 years. I just noticed that the fine print restrictions state that it can't be used in conjunction with other MVC offers. We will likely use this in combination with DC point reservations, preferably at the same resort. Has anyone tried to use an Encore package back to back with another MVC reservation (weeks or points)?
It shouldn't be an issue but you may not be able to combine into one reservation and you may have to move. If you did have to move, even changing resorts, generally you can stay in old unit until the new one is ready.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
We used it with our owned week at Shadowridge. Stayed in same unit for both.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We used it with our owned week at Shadowridge. Stayed in same unit for both.
Yes, we used an encore in Tahoe, and added on with DC points days. All easily combined to the same reservation for the same room.

I think the other offer language is just boilerplate. I haven't been able to think of a situation where it would apply. Maybe two encores where you have to do 2 presentations on one visit? :shrug:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

We had no trouble doing this using the Encore package to run over a Fri-Sat nights (to maximize the DP value) with additional points reservations between Sun and Thurs to extend into a nice 8 night stay (without changing units). We worked through the Encore representative at the property we bought the Encore (and used it the there the following year).

drlee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we have used an Encore with our regular reservations, to lengthen the stay. Do note the other restrictions: you'll likely have to pay for parking, and you won't receive elite night credits for that portion of your stay. It may be difficult also to stay in the same room as your other reservation, but your Encore rep may be able to help.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
It shouldn't be an issue but you may not be able to combine into one reservation and you may have to move. If you did have to move, even changing resorts, generally you can stay in old unit until the new one is ready.
Based on my experience, only the Hilton Head resorts allow you to stay in the old room until the new room is ready. There may be a few others, but most do not do this. In Maui, they allowed us once or twice to stay in our old room for an extra hour, but then we had to leave even though we were moving to another room in the same resort.