• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Waikiki resort?

kirankaja12

Reaction score
I am fairly certain this has been asked multiple times already. but I have specific requirements. I have a choice of Waikikian, Grand Islander and Hokulani. We are a blind couple but my wife can see a little bit especially during the day and we are fairly independent. We really liked the Hilton Waikalova resort as we could walk around and go to most areas on our own. We could also take the shuttle and go to the shopping center.

Looks like Waikikian and Islander are closer to the ocean but Hokulani is next to shops and restaurants. I did stay at Hokulani for 1 night on a mileage run in the past. If we do want to stay in either of the other 2 options, which is more centrally located?

Thanks for any input.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There isnt much difference between Waikikian and Islander, both are in the Hawaiian Village complex. Hokulani is the most central location for Waikiki.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
I am fairly certain this has been asked multiple times already. but I have specific requirements. I have a choice of Waikikian, Grand Islander and Hokulani. We are a blind couple but my wife can see a little bit especially during the day and we are fairly independent. We really liked the Hilton Waikalova resort as we could walk around and go to most areas on our own. We could also take the shuttle and go to the shopping center.

Looks like Waikikian and Islander are closer to the ocean but Hokulani is next to shops and restaurants. I did stay at Hokulani for 1 night on a mileage run in the past. If we do want to stay in either of the other 2 options, which is more centrally located?

Thanks for any input.

Islander unit is newer but smaller. Closer location to center of Waikiki. Pool is located in the building. No separated dining area, Dining table is combined to the counter in the kitchen with high chairs. bath tub is in bathroom not in bed room.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

Thanks for any input.

Waikiki is a very walkable community so I believe you would be OK with any of these choices. We stay for months at the Hilton Hawaiian Village without a car. There are many shops and restaurants in the Hilton Hawaiian Village as well as a boardwalk on the Ocean that borders the Village. Other shops and restaurants are a short walk away by our standards. There is no shuttle, but "The Bus" is right outside the village to goes to other places. We have a vision impaired acquaintance who stays in Waikiki and walks from one end to the other with no problem.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
I am not sure if my words are valuable. As you understand, Hokulani has many things next door.
If you plan to spend much time in the Waikiki area, that's the choice. You can walk around and need
no taxi or bus. If you are interested in going out on the Bus, Hilton Hawaiian Village is more convenient.
Hilton Hawaiian Village is a literally resort. Within the site, you have shops, restaurants, spa, pools, beach,
or anything. Between Grand Waikikian and Grand Islander, I would recommend the latter because
the bus stops are located on the street just in front of the building. If you have any places to visit or
things to do, I may give you some other aspects.