• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin flex resale?

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
Has anyone seen Westin flex pop up for resale anywhere? My googling and redweek searches are coming up short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought there was an eBay posting awhile back that someone pointed out around here

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
They would have had to paid in CASH! What a drop in value that would be.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
They would have had to paid in CASH! What a drop in value that would be.

I thought you could have traded in another timeshare for it to reduce out of pocket outlay?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I thought you could have traded in another timeshare for it to reduce out of pocket outlay?

Not on eBay which is what the response was to.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just noticed the Westin in puerto Vallarta is being converted to a timeshare. I assume this will be part of the Westin Aventura program and not flex? Anyone know of any future resorts? They just renovated the Westin on grand cayman. Wish they converted that to a TS resort as well.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I just noticed the Westin in puerto Vallarta is being converted to a timeshare. I assume this will be part of the Westin Aventura program and not flex? Anyone know of any future resorts? They just renovated the Westin on grand cayman. Wish they converted that to a TS resort as well.

The only ones that have been announced that are in the process of being converted or were recently converted are The Westin Resort & Spa - Cancun, The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, The Sheraton Kauai renamed as The Sheraton Kauai Resort, and The Westin Resort & Spa - Puerto Vallarta.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The only ones that have been announced that are in the process of being converted or were recently converted are The Westin Resort & Spa - Cancun, The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, The Sheraton Kauai renamed as The Sheraton Kauai Resort, and The Westin Resort & Spa - Puerto Vallarta.
Vistana loves Mexico and Hawaii lol.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Has anybody been inside the Sheraton Kauai? (beyond the lobby etc...)

I wander thru there and want to get excited....but it doesn't exude that Westin feel. Hope it's better than it looks.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
A

I wander thru there and want to get excited....but it doesn't exude that Westin feel. Hope it's better than it looks.
tug user Ken had a great review. The good and bad with pics.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Yes, check out @Ken555 thread.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Has anyone seen Westin flex pop up for resale anywhere? My googling and redweek searches are coming up short.

Maybe it’s actually working out well for people?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Maybe it’s actually working out well for people?

Other than the obvious exceptional reasons, it usually takes a few years before we start to see regular sales of a new resort. Westin Flex didn’t start all that long ago (I’m not sure exactly when at the moment) but I suspect you’ll see more over time.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Other than the obvious exceptional reasons, it usually takes a few years before we start to see regular sales of a new resort. Westin Flex didn’t start all that long ago (I’m not sure exactly when at the moment) but I suspect you’ll see more over time.

Was it the same time as Sheraton flex? I’m starting to see small amounts. I recall a 44K star option for sale on eBay maybe. I’ve thought about Westin Flex just to get ski week in riverfront on occasion. Just don’t think on occasion is worth the extra expense. I’m still confused how I should set up portfolio up with mandatory resorts lol

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Was it the same time as Sheraton flex? I’m starting to see small amounts. I recall a 44K star option for sale on eBay maybe. I’ve thought about Westin Flex just to get ski week in riverfront on occasion. Just don’t think on occasion is worth the extra expense. I’m still confused how I should set up portfolio up with mandatory resorts lol
Sheraton Flex recorded its trust agreement in March 2015. The trust for Westin Flex wasn't stood up until February 2018. So the Westin Flex program has only been around a little over a year. I agree with @Ken555, it is still too early to be seeing any abundance of Westin Flex points on the resale market.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Sheraton Flex recorded its trust agreement in March 2015. The trust for Westin Flex wasn't stood up until February 2018. So the Westin Flex program has only been around a little over a year. I agree with @Ken555, it is still too early to be seeing any abundance of Westin Flex points on the resale market.
That makes a lot of sense if it’s only been a year and a half. Def too soon to see much if any activity on the resale market.