• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Transfer time reports

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a transfer in process through Sumday. I got my copy of the deed about three weeks ago. Calling Wyndham to ask about it and they don’t have documentation yet which is no big surprise. What baffles me is they say that they don’t see where the contract number I gave them could be transferred to me. Has anyone heard of this before? The closing agent is just assuming that since they don’t have the paperwork yet they can’t really say anything.

Update: Wyndham got the paperwork on 3/24. I called 2 times after that and contacted Greatway Services (closing company for Sumday) and wasn’t able to get the appropriate information. Today I called Wyndham. They straight up told me this contract won’t transfer. It had already been transferred back in January to someone else. It would help if GreatWay would have listened to me when I emailed them the first time after contacting Wyndham back in March and was told they probably couldn’t transfer this to me. Grrrrrrr

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have 3 resales in transit. Two different companies. Both reputable experienced sellers. Unfortunately the closing company one of them uses, made a couple rookie mistakes, so the last 9 weeks have been wasted. First rookie mistake, the notary acknowledgment was missing. How the the deed was recorded without that, is beyond me. Second rookie mistake, they forgot to include the $299 fee. Unless the seller decides to change closing companies, I probably won’t be doing business with them any more, especially since I’ve gotten no communication from them since I texted him yesterday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another update: after talking to the closing company, they called Wyndham. Wyndham looked at the account and saw the same note was on two different contracts. Wyndham verified they had what they needed, and that it was their error. If I would have gotten some kind of response from the seller to begin with, I would not have gotten bad info from Wyndham. At least the closing company did their part. I’m still debating not doing business or recommending them to anyone due to lack of communication. I still have not heard back from them.

antjmar

Reaction score
Mailed notarized documents to Wyndham on March 13th saw it in my account today (posted yesterday).

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
What have others been experiencing recently with respect to transfer times? I have a contract that has been taking much longer than usual to transfer. Mine is currently at about 12 weeks with Wyndham according to the timeframes from the reseller. The reseller is telling me that Wyndham is now intentionally delaying third party transfers to encourage retail sales. They say that they have several recent contract transfers that have been delayed, and that they've gotten their lawyers involved. Anyone recently have a contract transfer within the typical 6-8 week timeframe, or have others started seeing delays too?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
What have others been experiencing recently with respect to transfer times? I have a contract that has been taking much longer than usual to transfer. Mine is currently at about 12 weeks with Wyndham according to the timeframes from the reseller. The reseller is telling me that Wyndham is now intentionally delaying third party transfers to encourage retail sales. They say that they have several recent contract transfers that have been delayed, and that they've gotten their lawyers involved. Anyone recently have a contract transfer within the typical 6-8 week timeframe, or have others started seeing delays too?
In the last 2 months I sold 4 deeds with a Wyndham prefered broker where Wyndham was the buyer through a third party. All transfered in 5-6 weeks from start to finish. 4 weeks for deed to be signed and recorded Once Deed was recorded and Wyndham had them it was less then a week before they transferred out of my account. On the flip side I had two deeds that I bought and sold to private parties- one with Sumday the other with LT that Wyndham rejected for "deed issues". Seems Wyndham has started to make sure all t's are crossed and I's are dotted. Once Wyndham receives correct deed its mystery meat. Some have transferred in less then 3 weeks others have taken 12 weeks. Not sure why it only takes a week to transfer when Wyndham is the buyer but takes 8-12 weeks when it is not Wyndham.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
In the last 2 months I sold 4 deeds with a Wyndham prefered broker where Wyndham was the buyer through a third party. All transfered in 5-6 weeks from start to finish. 4 weeks for deed to be signed and recorded Once Deed was recorded and Wyndham had them it was less then a week before they transferred out of my account. On the flip side I had two deeds that I bought and sold to private parties- one with Sumday the other with LT that Wyndham rejected for "deed issues". Seems Wyndham has started to make sure all t's are crossed and I's are dotted. Once Wyndham receives correct deed its mystery meat. Some have transferred in less then 3 weeks others have taken 12 weeks. Not sure why it only takes a week to transfer when Wyndham is the buyer but takes 8-12 weeks when it is not Wyndham.

That's a no brainer answer. If Wyndham is acquiring resale contracts via third parties as the buyer, the only reason Wyndham would do so is to obtain the inventory via the secondary markets, which they will in turn re-absorb and sell as developer points for huge profits. If another owner is acquiring resale contracts, what do they care how long it takes really. :)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

One they received sometime in March, hit my account May 30th. The one they received February 3rd completed a week later. Both Bali Hai. Supposedly there was a deed issue with the one on February 3rd. The closing company said that the deed was fine and it was a mistake on Wyndham’s side. I picked up a couple more since then. Margaritaville St Thomas and Canterbury. I am in the process of transferring my Branson contract to someone else. Wyndham should have received the paperwork by now. I’m giving them a week to update their records. Hopefully it doesn’t take 12 weeks.

I don’t think delaying resale will encourage retail sales. In fact, it might make things worse if people get frustrated with Wyndham. Resale keeps contracts in the hands of owners who pay the fees. If more people walked away, because no one wanted to deal with Wyndham, Wyndham and the resorts would be left holding the bag. Also, if someone is buying on the resale market, it’s because they decided they don’t want to pay thousands. An extra month or two to transfer is not going to suddenly get them to change their mind about that. I call BS on that excuse from your seller. I think the seller either made a mistake or is guessing because they don’t know why they are taking longer. If you have the contract number and the original owners address and phone number, you can call Wyndham yourself and find out what the progress is. I’m guessing there is more then what the seller is telling you. It’s also possible they got an influx of inventory from Ovations that they are processing. Ovations and retail sales come first before resale transfer. Tribute and Pathways might take priority over resale as well, but I cannot say for sure. There are any number of reasons for the delays.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
I am sweating out a transfer if it goes through by this weekend then I will get 400k points I can move forward on a July 1st UY contract. If not I get my 400k once it goes through but it would be great to have 400k points Basically free. Wyndham got the deed mid May. I keep calling but since I am not seller I cannot get info on the transfer time.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you get the contract number. I have one that LT transfers handled, they took 3 months before sending it to Wyndam the first week of may. Nothing yet from wyndham. Have deed they sent to Wyndam and names of sellers.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
How do you get the contract number. I have one that LT transfers handled, they took 3 months before sending it to Wyndam the first week of may. Nothing yet from wyndham. Have deed they sent to Wyndam and names of sellers.

All of my deeds have the contract number on it somewhere near the top.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Every time I called to ask for a status, they asked for the name, address, email address, and sometimes phone number on the account. Apparently this is new. In the past, I only needed to know the name on the contract and the contract number. Sometimes the new deed has their address on it. You might be able to get the email address of the original owner from the seller, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. You might have to call multiple times until you get someone that just asks for the contract number and name of the original owner.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Wooo Hoo contract transferred last night. 400k pts that I can move forward. A real bonus if getting this contract just before UY started

That is awesome. I really didnt think you had much of a chance since the last 2 for me took 10 weeks and 5 months but happy it worked out for you. Like you my use year is July 1 and it transferred 2 weeks ago. Not a big RCI fan but I'll make it work for a year and move points forward which then should be a continuous thing and I'll always be ahead.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
That is awesome. I really didnt think you had much of a chance since the last 2 for me took 10 weeks and 5 months but happy it worked out for you. Like you my use year is July 1 and it transferred 2 weeks ago. Not a big RCI fan but I'll make it work for a year and move points forward which then should be a continuous thing and I'll always be ahead.
I am fortunately VIPP until April 2021 so I am able to move the points forward in Wyndham.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You should be able to get an estoppel from the seller (or resale company). The estoppel contains the sellers member number, contract number, and name (no address). It's been awhile since I've purchased something, but I was always able to call the title department and they would look it up by contract number. If they have the transfer documentation and they are just waiting for it to process, they are likely to give you more details (since they know it will transfer to you). Sometimes, all you can find out is that they don't have anything. You can get a decent idea of what the status is, if they have everything needed or if there is an issue (except of course a date when the transfer will be completed).

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Wyndham got the paperwork on 3/24. I called 2 times after that and contacted Greatway Services (closing company for Sumday) and wasn’t able to get the appropriate information. Today I called Wyndham. They straight up told me this contract won’t transfer. It had already been transferred back in January to someone else. It would help if GreatWay would have listened to me when I emailed them the first time after contacting Wyndham back in March and was told they probably couldn’t transfer this to me. Grrrrrrr

So did Sumday sell it twice?

Wooo Hoo contract transferred last night. 400k pts that I can move forward. A real bonus if getting this contract just before UY started

When did Wyndham receive the paperwork? I got realigned with a JUL UY 400k. That was a lot of MF to pay for nothing. Now I'm just going to give the thing away before the end of the year.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

When did Wyndham receive the paperwork? I got realigned with a JUL UY 400k. That was a lot of MF to pay for nothing. Now I'm just going to give the thing away before the end of the year.

They realign and no proration on points the 6 months of points are taken by Wyndham. You pay maintenance fees and dont have points to use. Wyndham will give you until the end of year to use any points available that would of expired July 1st in lieu of prorating points. I wonder how many points have been lost by owners due to this realignment policy?

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA

They got the paperwork April 29th. Where was your contract to.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Bali Hai January 3, 2019
Ok Just looked at my account today and they did a Realignment. My points got moved to my April 1rst use year. It actually works out ok I believe I got the points moved forward. I get the use of them all the way until April this year and then another 400k next April along with my other contracts. Much easier to borrow points from contracts for me if use years are all the same and it seems like I haven’t lost any points.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok Just looked at my account today and they did a Realignment. My points got moved to my April 1rst use year. It actually works out ok I believe I got the points moved forward. I get the use of them all the way until April this year and then another 400k next April along with my other contracts. Much easier to borrow points from contracts for me if use years are all the same and it seems like I haven’t lost any points.
They realign the day after transfer shows in account.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
They realign the day after transfer shows in account.
Well Lucky I caught the transfer the day of and was able to move the points forward. Which basically kept them in the same year they and the July 1st points are all good until April 2020 now...

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k

They did the same to me. Kept it at Jan 1 for a few days and I made 1 reservation then they went back in and realigned so 418,000 of the 500,000 went to RCI. I wish I would have made more reservations like I had planned to but thought I had time as there really is no reason that I know of for them to realign anymore. Nice catch, you basically got about $3k in free m/f.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well Lucky I caught the transfer the day of and was able to move the points forward. Which basically kept them in the same year they and the July 1st points are all good until April 2020 now...
Yea but they beat you out of prorating of points. The points were available until july 1st vanished into Wyndham's pockets. But you have until April 1st to use them. Wyndham is out right beating up owners on the policy of not prorating points on their mandatory use year alignment.