• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8wks and counting for Title Transfer

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I submitted a transfer request directly to the title department, with recorded deed attached, on May 2nd (SDO property). It was added to my account in June 7th (@ 5 weeks). This is still longer than the two weeks it use to take.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. It was received 5/6 by title department and the contract was in my account and ready to use at 6/11 (SVV Bella). Was really worry about not making the deadline for banking but it is all good now. :banana::banana::banana:

I submitted a transfer request directly to the title department, with recorded deed attached, on May 2nd (SDO property). It was added to my account in June 7th (@ 5 weeks). This is still longer than the two weeks it use to take.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
OK - weird stuff here. I had two weeks through separate brokers submitted to Vistana. The one that was submitted later was processed first, unless the closing agent totally lied to me on the other one (which I doubt - no reason to). Now trying to find an SVV 2019 week to use/rent/deposit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Now trying to find an SVV 2019 week to use/rent/deposit.
If it was Bella or Key West, you could always still bank the SOs.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
So they cashed my $25 whatever it is for to the HOA check, does that have any bearing on timeline?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Okay, I recieved this message from escrow. I checked Vistana online and my unit does not show up. Any idea on how long it will take?

“We have just been notified by Vistana that your transfer has been completed.
Your account number is: xxxxxx

Per Fidelity: In about 2-4 weeks, they will receive the new membership certificate from Vistana and will prepare the title policy and will mail it out along with a copy of the certificate”

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Received same email from Escrow and still no show however I received a letter indicating it was transferred and check dues.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
My recent WLR purchase just showed up in my account. Approx 4 weeks since docs sent to Vistana

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
My WKV just appeared in our account. 5 days after letter.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean

I submitted another transfer request directly to the title department, with recorded deed attached, on May 22nd (SVV - Key West property). It was added to my account in June 21th (@ 4 weeks). I received notification that the transfer completed on the June 19th but it took a few days to appear in my account because my middle initial was include with the paper work. They actually created a separate account for this property due to the middle initial. I had to call them to find this out and forward them a copy of my drivers license (which includes my middle initial) before they would link the property to my existing VSN account. I only have one property remaining (WKORV) that needs to be added. I just forwarded the recorded deed to the title department on June 20th so I don't expect it to be completed until early August. I'm hoping to make a reservation for early August or late July (preferably).

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Stepping into the Hyatt World as well and learned that Marriott has started the backroom consolidation. The Hyatt transfer Department is now managed by the larger Marriott transfer Department so I wouldn’t be surprised the same happened w/ Vistana.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Stepping into the Hyatt World as well and learned that Marriott has started the backroom consolidation. The Hyatt transfer Department is now managed by the larger Marriott transfer Department so I wouldn’t be surprised the same happened w/ Vistana.
I suspect the same is happening with Vistana and that is why it is taking 4-8 weeks to complete a transfer.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Both of my SVV weeks are now in my acccount - one took about 6 weeks and one about 8. I had to call several times to get them both together in one account and I think my calling accelerated the process of seeing them online. I called with a question about the first one and the lady was looking at the second one (which I had no idea they had finished :D) and we were really confused. All is well now. Two St. Augustine weeks bought for $170 all-in including 2019 usage for one of the units. Still haven't decided what to do with that week (only available in the Fall)...leaning towards depositing in II as I doubt I'll get much for renting that time of year.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I called Vistanna-Marriott today. They have have my paperwork and said that they have had it since May 6th. They told me it runs 6-8 weeks and that I should get a letter in the next two weeks. Right now it is still in the old owners name.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
My Hyatt took 6 weeks and numerous phone calls.There are Marriott folks doing it now who dont fully understand the Hyatt Vistana systems yet

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Our Hyatt is showing up in II but not a word from HRC regarding membership activation Hoping I get a letter.... um soon.

Last edited:

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW - SDO - Title/Xfer Papers Sent May 10 - June 17 it was in my account :)

BTW - no calls to VSE...

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 Titles sent to Vistana on 5/29 ... first contract showed up in account today 6/25. Still waiting on 2nd. No e-mail notification (but maybe I was quicker to check then most).

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I purchased a WSJ Sunset Bay on eBay 4/6.
There was a bit of back and forth with the seller and I didn’t get the paperwork back to them until May 10.

They sent to Vistana mid/late May and I see the new ownership in my account 6/20/19

Last edited:

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I purchased 2 resale SVV- Bella weeks. They closed recently at about the 7-8 week mark. I had to call Vistana multiple times.
I'm just glad it was in time for me to bank my Staroptions.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I emailed Vistana and got this response. If I had not contacted them who knows if my purchase would have ever been enrolled. Note the poor grammar and the phone number to call is not complete. I had to write back to get it. Poor.

Dear xxxxxxcx

Thank you for your inquiry. For your accounts to be link the information must match perfectly. Our records indicate that in your new account xxxxxxxx we don't have your social security number as well the address listed in this account is different form you address in the other accounts. Please, find attached a W9 form for you to complete your social security information, and send it back to our fax 407-903-4701. To change your address you can call the 407-903-477 and one of our agents can assist you over the phone. Please let us know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at:

800-743-7654 - Toll free
407-903-4700 - Local & International
407-903-4701 - Facsimile

Sincerely,
Portfolio Services Team
Vistana Signature Experiences Inc.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Why do they need my Social Security number?

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Sent SVV to Vistana May 21, it is in my account today.