• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading to Grande Luxxe Riviera Maya -- what to expect?

fkclay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My family and I are traveling to Grande Luxxe Riviera Maya soon. We exchanged a Marriott Branson for a 3 bedroom in the Residence Spa Tower -- we are very excited!

There are 6 total -- 5 adults, 1 child. What fees can we expect?

What amenities are we NOT able to use because we are II exchangers vs owners?

Anything we should absolutely do? Anything we should absolutely NOT do?

Thank you!
fkclay

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Vidanta RM generally withholds access to the GL pool and the Beach Club from exchangers, but will bargain that in return for going to a sales presentation, particularly in the low season (now). You’ll have to decide whether you’re willing to do that.

I believe the water park (Jungula) should be open. There may be additional fees for that; they haven’t been terribly forthcoming with information.

Fees would be dependent on when you booked and included with your confirmation. There’s also the room tax and environmental tax, which don’t add up to much. Sometimes they’ll bargain a reduction in the resort fees for the sales pitch, too.

We enjoyed taking a tour down to Coba, where you can still climb the pyramid. Did a cooking class through Cozumel Chef in Playa Del Carmen last trip that was quite enjoyable. The show Joya is pretty good, too.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Hi. We are here now and the waterpark is not yet open. They claim it’s going to open on the 22nd however I kind of doubt that. I couldn’t get an answer as to the cost or if it’s going to be included in a membership but it seems like there is going to be some sort of charge for members. I’ll try to find out some more tomorrow.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I think your fees will total about $600+ but they will offer a reduction if you do a tour. You will love the villa. You should have access to nearly everything. Sometimes, they restrict access to one restaurant and one pool-depending on occupancy. They did not for us.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/en...-water-park-in-riviera-maya-in-june-2019.html

Grupo Vidanta will open its first luxury boutique water park in Mexico's Riviera Maya region this summer.

On Monday, the Mexico-based tourism developer announced the upcoming debut of Jungala at Vidanta Riviera Maya. Scheduled to open June 22, the park will include state-of-the-art thrill rides such as the Aqua Drop, Aqua Loop, Flatline Loop and Whizzard as well as VIP cabanas offering personalized service and spa treatments.

Other notable highlights will include a wave pool with natural beach sand, the longest lazy river in Latin America and a kids water slide complex along with an Aqua Play Rain Fortress that Grupo Vidanta is calling the largest interactive play structure in the world.

630x355.png

PHOTO: Lazy river at Jungala. (photo courtesy of Grupo Vidanta)
Meanwhile, park guests will also have the option to dine and shop. On-site bar and dining options at Jungala will include On the Waves Snack Hall, Mojito Bendito Bar, Sand-gria Bar and the Cocoyol Pool Bar while a variety of clothing, crafts, and souvenirs will be on sale at the Bana Cabana Shop and the Bohanna Market.

630x355.png

PHOTO: VIP cabanas at Jungala. (photo courtesy of Grupo Vidanta)
"It has always been our goal to offer the most extraordinary vacation experiences for guests and the opening of the Jungala Luxury Waterpark at Vidanta Riviera Maya will further enhance that by providing another entertainment outlet with deluxe touches," said Iván Chávez, Executive Vice President, Grupo Vidanta, in a statement. "The boutique park will offer bespoke services throughout, and visitors can expect the same excellent quality that has distinguished Vidanta for 45 years."

Chavez also said that Jungala will have a "set daily capacity of guests" to minimize lines and ensure a pleasant guest experience. Jungala will be open to resort guests as well as the public daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

630x355.png

PHOTO: Restaurant area at Jungala. (photo courtesy of Grupo Vidanta)
This week's news comes less than two months after Grupo Vidanta announced its foray into the cruise industry with the launch of Mexico’s first-ever luxury cruise line in Vidanta Cruises.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Wow! Jungala looks like it will be a fun place to visit. We'll be there in November and staying at Grand Luxxe with an owner. I'm looking forward to checking out this new attraction!

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Well, we switched to NV from RM because they had more water stuff for grandkids to do. Now it looks like RM has more water stuff! Ha, how’s that go, I can’t win for losing.
So, we may head back to RM (GL) in 2021 to see this new park. It looks great. Interesting they are limiting attendance. I wonder if there will be any preferential treatment for folks staying at Vidanta, vs guests coming in off the highway? Wonder what costs will be for various ownership levels? Lots to be determined. Hopefully it won’t get too crowded, or too crazy.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Very likely he told the next person it was free.. Those guys are amazing.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
There has been some discussion on various forums whether those owners who have entertainment addenda with their contracts will be able to get in for free or discounted rates. Given that it opens in a week or so, we will know soon enough.

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they charge a resort charge plus and energy charge. II is not charing $630 for energy and $30 an adult a day for exchangers.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vidanta RM generally withholds access to the GL pool and the Beach Club from exchangers, but will bargain that in return for going to a sales presentation, particularly in the low season (now). You’ll have to decide whether you’re willing to do that.

I believe the water park (Jungula) should be open. There may be additional fees for that; they haven’t been terribly forthcoming with information.

Fees would be dependent on when you booked and included with your confirmation. There’s also the room tax and environmental tax, which don’t add up to much. Sometimes they’ll bargain a reduction in the resort fees for the sales pitch, too.

We enjoyed taking a tour down to Coba, where you can still climb the pyramid. Did a cooking class through Cozumel Chef in Playa Del Carmen last trip that was quite enjoyable. The show Joya is pretty good, too.

In January, we did the sales presentation in exchange for access to the GL pool. I would recommend this but you should have an exit strategy to get out of the sales presentation in < 4 hours and NO purchase.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
We were there for about two weeks and it seems like they may have not given access to the GL pool even with attending the presentations. The Beach Club was packed all day. The line started early. At the GL pool there were very few people. At most it may have been 40-50% capacity. Most of the time there were probably less than 15 people using the pool.

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from RM last Sat. We did the sales thing again too, I don't know why. lol They told us the lazy river would be open in early/mid-Aug, about six weeks or so. They drove us by it and there's still some work to be done, but looks like they are in the home stretch. I asked about the prices and if there would be any level hierarchy, etc. He said they haven't decided yet.

As far as the sales pitch, same old same old. Pushing the park and/or getting in on the ground floor to eligible for a "share" if/when Vidanta goes public (40%). Saying that Senior Chavez is getting older and would like to recoup some of the cost for the park before retiring. Who knows about that. :shrug:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We did the sales thing again too, I don't know why. lol They told us the lazy river would be open in early/mid-Aug, about six week.....I asked about the prices and if there would be any level hierarchy, etc.
He said they haven't decided yet. *
As far as the sales pitch, same old same old. ..... Saying that Senior Chavez is getting older *..... :shrug:

1) “ he said they haven’t decided yet - (likely true)*

2)Senior Chavez is getting older (likely true) *

* Lots of truth in the presentation / hope you enjoyed it .
LOL

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
They told us the lazy river would be open in early/mid-Aug, about six weeks or so.
So I guess that means it might be open in October when we will be there.

I asked about the prices and if there would be any level hierarchy, etc. He said they haven't decided yet.
So is the lazy river a part of the water park (Jungala)? Or is it something separate that we don't have to pay extra to use?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
So I guess that means it might be open in October when we will be there.

So is the lazy river a part of the water park (Jungala)? Or is it something separate that we don't have to pay extra to use?

We will just have to wait until it opens and get information from someone who is there. That Lazy River has been in the works for about 15 years! It gets built & ripped out, expanded and ripped out, etc. With all the publicity, it should happen sooner or later.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Estates 1.jpg
Estates 2.jpg
Water Park.jpg

FWIW attached are a few pics taken June 12th. Two are of the construction at the Estates and the third one is of a part of the Water Park close to the Jungle Luxxe buildings.

Sales originally said that the park would be open June 22 (today) then backtracked to say that they would be given a preview on July 2nd and the opening would be right after. Maybe October will be a possibility.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Two are of the construction at the Estates
I worked as a structural engineer for 40 years before retiring which means that I've been staring at the picture of the concrete framing longer than the picture of Jungala.

So, how does one score a tour of a Vidanta construction site? I'd love to see the progress in the Park in NV early next year.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Im not sure why they took us there. Maybe it was our prize for putting up with L. for 15 minutes?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I worked as a structural engineer for 40 years before retiring which means that I've been staring at the picture of the concrete framing longer than the picture of Jungala.

So, how does one score a tour of a Vidanta construction site? I'd love to see the progress in the Park in NV early next year.

Vidanta is the perfect resort system for you to own - they never stop building something / somewhere.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Just using this existing thread confirm.....RM location questions

If EXCHANGING into the resorts from II, RCI or SFX:
1) you have to pay a fee, but it depends on which source you book it with.
2) Even though you are staying in a GL, GB or GM you DO NOT get access to the pools that are associated to the level you are staying.
3) Other than committing to a TS presentation, is there any way to access the GB Beach Club or GL Pools

I am considering exchange in via SFX to GB RM location. Is the fee still $75.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
1) yes
2) yes for GL & GB; GM Pool is available to exchangers last I knew
3) rent from an owner or find some old wristbands

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Hi all,

<snip> Anything we should absolutely NOT do?

Thank you!
fkclay
The facilities and dining options are quite nice, the sales force is not. We found them to be the most brutal and tenacious we have encountered anywhere. And the 'gifts' we were supposed to receive never materialized. I would absolutely not attend another meeting with them.

karl2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. Don’t attend the presentation. They have a reputation of taking 4-6 hours of your day. I understand if you want to rescind there, it will be another day lost and the contact says they can keep your money for 15 days.