• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here at Grand Luxxe in Riviera Maya--Exchd Marriott Branson for 3 bed in Grand Residence Spa Tower

fkclay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazing! Absolutely amazing! This property is truly a well-run, well-oiled machine. The property is huge and frankly no way for us to walk to the various pools, shows, etc. The cart system was GREAT, never a long wait at all. We asked for "special" cart service a few times so we didn't have to make additional stops. Those requests were always granted. The amenities and the service here are second to none. I was a little worried at the additional fee ($420 total for the week), but clearly we made a GREAT exchange. We turned down the sales presentation to the dismay of our check in concierge. They called to follow-up the next two days, but we politely said no and they discontinued asking. We had access to the Beach Club, but not the owner Grand Luxxe pool (which frankly was small and did not have anything wonderful about it). Each building has assigned Concierges so anything/everything we asked for was delivered. We could not be happier with this experience. My granddaughter was in awe of the 2,800 sq. ft. 3 bedroom luxury suite. She said it was the best place she has been in her 8 year old life! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Today, our last day, :-(, we have rented a cabana at the main pool for the day -- approx. $40-$50 USD -- not expensive at all. Our granddaughter has made many friends and will be happy as a little clam today.

Let me know if anyone has questions while we are on property.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Thanks for all this useful information fkclay. We have had a similar experience trading into GL in Neuvo Vallarta (but have never seen RM show up for is). We think the resort(s) are very well run by the staff, but avoid the sales pitches as well (we finally agreed last visit and will never, ever, do one again).

Glad you had such a great time and thanks for posting.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Amazing! Absolutely amazing! This property is truly a well-run, well-oiled machine. The property is huge and frankly no way for us to walk to the various pools, shows, etc. The cart system was GREAT, never a long wait at all. We asked for "special" cart service a few times so we didn't have to make additional stops. Those requests were always granted. The amenities and the service here are second to none. I was a little worried at the additional fee ($420 total for the week), but clearly we made a GREAT exchange. We turned down the sales presentation to the dismay of our check in concierge. They called to follow-up the next two days, but we politely said no and they discontinued asking. We had access to the Beach Club, but not the owner Grand Luxxe pool (which frankly was small and did not have anything wonderful about it). Each building has assigned Concierges so anything/everything we asked for was delivered. We could not be happier with this experience. My granddaughter was in awe of the 2,800 sq. ft. 3 bedroom luxury suite. She said it was the best place she has been in her 8 year old life! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Today, our last day, :-(, we have rented a cabana at the main pool for the day -- approx. $40-$50 USD -- not expensive at all. Our granddaughter has made many friends and will be happy as a little clam today.

Have you been dining at the restaurants as well as cooking in your unit?

Just wondering what a weeks additional expense would be with a mix of lunches and dinners out and mostly having breakfasts in.

Does the cabana cost cover any extras or is it just a flat fee for use of the space as reserved for your family?

Thanks

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
At the cabana/palapa beds at the Mayan Palace pool, the price you pay includes Balche (pool restaurant & beverage service) tab up to the amount you pay. At least that is what has been in effect for quite a long time. This keeps people from staking them out early in the morning and keeps the staff busy. Be sure to tip the servers individually. Any tips on the bill are divided by everyone.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)

You were smart to turn down the sales presentations. While the Vidanta resorts are great and well managed, the Vidanta sales staffs are the most brutal we have ever encountered. And the 'gifts' they promise don't always materialize.