• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seeking RC Kapalua Residences Suggestions

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am seeking recommendations on room placement request and any other best practices for the Ritz Carlton Kapalua Residenced in an OV unit. We have a short stay to extend our WKORVN visit on Bonvoy points. Do they tend to put Bonvoy renters into certain units? units to avoid?

Key points for the pool, amenities not to be missed etc. How do we maximize our visit?

Thanks for your input.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Hello CalGal,

I’ve visited the property a couple of times but I’m afraid I don’t have any advice for you - it’s a beautiful property and well located but I think you should trust the room assignment gods. Maybe ask to be as close to the pool as possible?

Best,

Greg

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can ask for as high a floor as possible and as close to the ocean as possible. I think all the ocean view units face the pool. Was there last month for a few nights after my timeshare stay at Maui Ocean Club. We booked the lowest level resort view room and as Titanium was upgraded to a nice ocean view room.
We did find food and beverage outlets lacking but the main restaurant was closed for remodeling. For snorkeling or kayaking don't miss Kapalua Bay nearby- the resort offers a free shuttle.

fleming4

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I stayed there for 6 nights in April of this year using Destination Club points, booked in a garden view room. Though we are each Titanium, we were told the resort was full so we would not get a room upgrade. The resort was obviously not full, so that was disappointing. The room we had was nice and the resort is beautiful, but it was a disappointing stay in many ways. The staff were inconsistent throughout many areas of the resort: the concierge misbooked tours for us and did not follow-up on promises they made to call us; the wait staff at the very expensive restaurant forgot orders and would not refill our water glasses from the large mineral water bottle we ordered which was in a cooler several feet from our table; the seating staff at the restaurant tried to seat us in the back of the restaurant when there were several open tables at the front overlooking the ocean; the beach cabana staff who were supposed to be provide personalized service in the private cabana we reserved were mostly invisible, and my wife and I had to go order and retrieve our own food and drinks throughout the day (we also had to set up our own cabana, since it was not set up by the staff); the massages we had were very expensive and very poorly done; mysterious charges kept showing up on our bill, though they were corrected each time we pointed them out. The manager called us at home after our stay to apologize and provided us a generous amount of MRP's because of the problems we experienced, though we were not seeking this kind of compensation. He said our feedback would be used to improve the staff performance, but I doubt we will return to that hotel. It was our first time to stay in a RC and perhaps our expectations were too high. My wife and I are not complaining types, and I tend to be overly generous in assessing hotels, restaurants, airlines, etc. But CalGalTraveler, I hope you have a nicer stay there when you go. Do consider taking the free shuttle to some of the nearby restaurants, which are much better priced, with nicer service, and better food.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
While I have not stayed, we spent time visiting the Ritz Kapalua as guests when friends stayed there a few years ago. We were staying at the Maui Ocean Club, them at the Ritz Kapalua.

We found the Ritz service to be good, pool excellent and beach quiet. The pool cabanas had a nice selection and excellent service. If I were asking for room placement, I would go for a higher floor as close to the ocean as possible. Likely what most ask for :) .

Although we visited the Ritz Kapalua, we still prefer the action at Maui Ocean Club more. Our friends also thought the Ritz was a bit quiet for their needs.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort
My wife and I stayed there for 6 nights in April of this year using Destination Club points, booked in a garden view room. Though we are each Titanium, we were told the resort was full so we would not get a room upgrade. The resort was obviously not full, so that was disappointing. The room we had was nice and the resort is beautiful, but it was a disappointing stay in many ways. The staff were inconsistent throughout many areas of the resort: the concierge misbooked tours for us and did not follow-up on promises they made to call us; the wait staff at the very expensive restaurant forgot orders and would not refill our water glasses from the large mineral water bottle we ordered which was in a cooler several feet from our table; the seating staff at the restaurant tried to seat us in the back of the restaurant when there were several open tables at the front overlooking the ocean; the beach cabana staff who were supposed to be provide personalized service in the private cabana we reserved were mostly invisible, and my wife and I had to go order and retrieve our own food and drinks throughout the day (we also had to set up our own cabana, since it was not set up by the staff); the massages we had were very expensive and very poorly done; mysterious charges kept showing up on our bill, though they were corrected each time we pointed them out. The manager called us at home after our stay to apologize and provided us a generous amount of MRP's because of the problems we experienced, though we were not seeking this kind of compensation. He said our feedback would be used to improve the staff performance, but I doubt we will return to that hotel. It was our first time to stay in a RC and perhaps our expectations were too high. My wife and I are not complaining types, and I tend to be overly generous in assessing hotels, restaurants, airlines, etc. But CalGalTraveler, I hope you have a nicer stay there when you go. Do consider taking the free shuttle to some of the nearby restaurants, which are much better priced, with nicer service, and better food.
Thank you! I didn't know we could use DC points to book @the Ritz in Kapalua.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk