• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gigantic 12-Foot Alligator Caught Crossing Florida Highway

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The alligators of the glades are taking over Florida, every week there is a news report about a gator invading a home or a swimming pool.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
This one was huge

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did the truck driver missed seeing this large animal on the highway and what were the damages to that truck?

What this a hit and run accident?

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Per the PGA... There are two types of golfers.
Those that will do this, and those who won't...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen golfers early in the morning picking up lost golf balls ball near the lagoons at various HHI golf courses.
I am not one of those golfer. LOL.:doh:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen golfers early in the morning picking up lost golf balls ball near the lagoons at various HHI golf courses.
I am not one of those golfer. LOL.:doh:
I buy cheap golf balls and don't even look for my own lost balls as I am terrified of rattle snakes here locally and gators in gator land. I cannot understand folks who pay $4-$5 for a Titlelist ball and these are usually the folks who are always looking for their lost balls on the course. One lost Titleist ball costs the same as 6 of my lost balls. I just take a drop and move on.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
A few years ago after a major hurricane hit SE Florida our oldest DS had a large crew down there doing restoration work. Since there weren't enough available hotel rooms in the Fort Lauderdale area a dozen or so workers stayed in the Naples area. They were driven in large vans across I-75 in the dark every day to Ft Lauderdale to work from sunrise until mid-afternoon when it got hot. One morning the lead van hit a large alligator doing about 60mph. The driver told DS it was like hitting a cement bumper block. The driver lost control of the van and it skidded across the highway and landed, still upright, in the ditch. The guys were all unharmed but afraid to get out. The van had major wheel and frame damage and when the FHP arrived he found the alligator still alive on the shoulder of the road. It was not in good shape and the FHP called for a wildlife company to come and get it. One of the workers from the 2nd van was able to get a few photos of the alligator to show DS why the other crew was late for work.

DS has some good photos of the places and buildings he has fixed but the photo of the alligator with tire and scrape marks across its back and tail is the most unusual.

~Diane

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Good reason not to live in or visit Florida.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Why winter? Are there more gators? I have been to the Naples area during winter for many years and found the weather to be pleasant.

Shssss, very pleasant! The more folks that get scared by gators, the less competition for snowbird season. Get my drift.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Shssss, very pleasant! The more folks that get scared by gators, the less competition for snowbird season. Get my drift.

Now most of the people who retire in Florida
are wrinkled and they lean on a crutch.
And mobile homes are smotherin' my keys;
Well I hate those bastards so much.
I wish a summer squall would blow them
all the way up to fantasy land.
They're ugly and square, they don't belong here.
They look a lot better as beer cans.

--- Jimmy Buffett, "Migration" (1974)