• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

exchange to Cayman Islands

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just made an exchange for the Londoner at Morritt's in Cayman Islands for Thanksgiving 2020. It is a 2 BR oceanfront, as all the units are there. I have heard that the Londoner is the most upscale and the units are nicely decorated. Has anyone stayed there? How does it compare to Marriott timeshares in the Caribbean and Hawaii in terms of quality and service? I traded a 2 BR in Marriott Ko Olina which I got as an exchange for this Thanksgiving. Not sure if this is an equivalent trade. However, I have already stayed at Ko Olina and I would like to go to Cayman Islands. The Londoner may be the best place to stay in a timeshare on the Cayman Islands. Are they hard core about trying to get guests to presentations?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Never been, but do keep in mind the Energy surcharge and transient occupancy tax at this property. Something quite common for timeshares in the Cayman Islands. Perhaps we will make it there one of these days, it is a property that I would consider staying at.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I just made an exchange for the Londoner at Morritt's in Cayman Islands for Thanksgiving 2020. It is a 2 BR oceanfront, as all the units are there. I have heard that the Londoner is the most upscale and the units are nicely decorated. Has anyone stayed there? How does it compare to Marriott timeshares in the Caribbean and Hawaii in terms of quality and service? I traded a 2 BR in Marriott Ko Olina which I got as an exchange for this Thanksgiving. Not sure if this is an equivalent trade. However, I have already stayed at Ko Olina and I would like to go to Cayman Islands. The Londoner may be the best place to stay in a timeshare on the Cayman Islands. Are they hard core about trying to get guests to presentations?

We haven’t stayed in the Londoner, but in 2017 we did stay in the Morritt’s Grand, which is an oceanfront building right next to it. We stayed in an OF 1BR. The view was outstanding!

The room was not up to Marriott standards, but it was ok. The view and being on Grand Cayman were the biggest draws for us. I suspect the Londoner would be very similar. They have a pool between these two buildings, which we enjoyed, and there are other pools in the other section of the Morritt’s resort.

The only downside for us was the location. While the ocean view was great the resort is on the far end of the island. Of course the plus side of that is that the area is more quiet than being on Seven Mile Beach. We drove over to that area one day and enjoyed visiting a couple of the resorts and walking on the beach. It was definitely more populated. We also drove into town another day to look around and shop.

Overall, we enjoyed the experience.

Best regards.

Mike

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
You will be assigned a “concierge” aka sales person when you check in but that person will really help you with reservations, coupons for discounts and suggestions for things to do. If you do agree to meet with them later in the week for a presentation it is usually very low key and they were giving a $100 gift certificate to use for water sports or dinner.

We like being on the east (quiet) end of the island simply because we get to avoid all the cruise ship crowds in town. If you do venture into town, check the cruise ship schedule at the front desk first and go on a day with the fewest ships in port.

Have a great trip! If you search other posts there have been several with suggestions of restaurants and things to do on the east end of the island.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
We stayed for two weeks in a single level 2bd unit in the Londoner this past February(2019). We loved the open concept kitchen/dining/living area with full length balcony. The appliances, flooring, fixtures, countertops and decor are all comparable to most of the Marriott’s we have vacationed in. We were assigned the fourth floor, and had a beautiful view of the Caribbean. Both the master(queen) and 2nd bedroom(2 twins) were in the back of the unit, so the bedroom windows face the Tortuga Club. I do think that Marriott beds are more comfortable though.

When we were here last, we stayed in a 2bd in the Grand. When we exchange in again, I will be looking for a Grand unit. They are older, and showing some wear, but I like the master bedroom facing the ocean. Also, the second bedroom has a queen.

We can’t say enough good things about the resort employees; everyone we encountered was pleasant and friendly. This is our second visit to Morritt’s, and both times did not have any pestering by sales reps. The island’s relaxed atmosphere, diving and snorkeling, the foods, and safety keep us coming back.

Dawn

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We stayed for two weeks in a single level 2bd unit in the Londoner this past February(2019). We loved the open concept kitchen/dining/living area with full length balcony. The appliances, flooring, fixtures, countertops and decor are all comparable to most of the Marriott’s we have vacationed in. We were assigned the fourth floor, and had a beautiful view of the Caribbean. Both the master(queen) and 2nd bedroom(2 twins) were in the back of the unit, so the bedroom windows face the Tortuga Club. I do think that Marriott beds are more comfortable though.

When we were here last, we stayed in a 2bd in the Grand. When we exchange in again, I will be looking for a Grand unit. They are older, and showing some wear, but I like the master bedroom facing the ocean. Also, the second bedroom has a queen.

We can’t say enough good things about the resort employees; everyone we encountered was pleasant and friendly. This is our second visit to Morritt’s, and both times did not have any pestering by sales reps. The island’s relaxed atmosphere, diving and snorkeling, the foods, and safety keep us coming back.

Dawn

Sounds great. I am excited.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
We like being on the east (quiet) end of the island simply because we get to avoid all the cruise ship crowds in town. If you do venture into town, check the cruise ship schedule at the front desk first and go on a day with the fewest ships in port...

If you are interested in going to Stingray City to swim with the stingrays, look at the port schedule and try to pick a day when there are no cruise ships in port.
https://www.caymanport.com/ship-schedules/

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned and had 3 different updated rooms over in the Tortuga club. All were very nice and clean and we were around the premier pool and had a peekaboo view of the ocean We walked past the londoner several times an they looked extremely nice. I don't think you will be disappointed at all, The staff are very attentive and we went to talk to our Concierge a few times and there was never a sales pitch at all. As we soon found out, we were not in our rooms much. Rent a car. I was scared to do so, but with 9 people we rented 2 and it was the best thing to get around and see all the island. We chartered a private catamaran with Sail with Friends Cayman for a 6 hour tour and they did not disappoint Amazing.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We just returned and had 3 different updated rooms over in the Tortuga club. All were very nice and clean and we were around the premier pool and had a peekaboo view of the ocean We walked past the londoner several times an they looked extremely nice. I don't think you will be disappointed at all, The staff are very attentive and we went to talk to our Concierge a few times and there was never a sales pitch at all. As we soon found out, we were not in our rooms much. Rent a car. I was scared to do so, but with 9 people we rented 2 and it was the best thing to get around and see all the island. We chartered a private catamaran with Sail with Friends Cayman for a 6 hour tour and they did not disappoint Amazing.
So glad you had a good time!

Here is a link for OP to the thread you started before your trip

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...ands-ii-getaway-question.286453/#post-2252385

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just checked, the resort looks pretty nice. I’d prob rent a car and go to seven mile beach because I hear great things but I may have to try and exchange here. The rooms from the pics on TripAdvisor look pretty good. Nothing worse than places I’ve stayed at before. I’d say on par with Simpson bay resort in st Martin I stayed at before the hurricane.