• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Access (CWA) Points vs Club Wyndham UDI Points

mr323

Reaction score
I have seen points for sale listed as Club Wyndham Access and Club Wyndham Access UDI. I am trying to discern the difference, if any, between the two. I am also wondering what UDI is and how it differs from Plus points.

Thanks.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
They are all Plus points - that’s the umbrella under which the Club Wyndham Plus program operates. Club Wyndham Access is not a deeded ownership but rather a collection of many (but not all) of the Club Wyndham resorts blended together. This is relevant to an owner in terms of advanced reservation priority and maintenance fees.

I don’t think “Club Wyndham Access UDI” is a correct description of any type of ownership. UDI means undivided interest, which refers to a deeded Wyndham ownership which is points-based. The points work the same way, except your advanced reservation priority would be limited to your one deeded resort and the MFs would be tied to it as well.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have seen points for sale listed as Club Wyndham Access and Club Wyndham Access UDI. .....

I am also wondering what UDI is
Thanks.

UDI = Undivided Interest .
So if a hypothetical resort had 10 units x 52 weeks =520 math points . if you owned a week at that
that hypothetical resort you own 1% of the entire resort availability / not a specific deeded unit .

CWA - can own a part of many resorts .

If you start reading TUG Wyndham Forum archive threads - you will be able to learn more details .

1) At the 10 monthbooking window - points are points for reservation use within
Wyndham .
2) MF cost per 1000 points Wyndham points can vary from about $ 4 to $ 6.50 . CWA Is a blend.

3)lower MF cost points will likely have a higher resale cost to buy .

have fun reading / you will likely find better explanations than mine .

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen points for sale listed as Club Wyndham Access and Club Wyndham Access UDI. I am trying to discern the difference, if any, between the two. I am also wondering what UDI is and how it differs from Plus points.
They are all Plus points - that’s the umbrella under which the Club Wyndham Plus program operates. Club Wyndham Access is not a deeded ownership but rather a collection of many (but not all) of the Club Wyndham resorts blended together. This is relevant to an owner in terms of advanced reservation priority and maintenance fees.

I don’t think “Club Wyndham Access UDI” is a correct description of any type of ownership. UDI means undivided interest, which refers to a deeded Wyndham ownership which is points-based. The points work the same way, except your advanced reservation priority would be limited to your one deeded resort and the MFs would be tied to it as well.
CWA contracts are UDI contracts or atleast mine is. I have another type of Wyndham contract that isn’t deeded but is a UDI contract also.
UDI contracts don’t have to be a deeded ownership.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA contracts are UDI contracts or atleast mine is. I have another type of Wyndham contract that isn’t deeded but is a UDI contract also.
UDI contracts don’t have to be a deeded ownership.

Thanks for the correction. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that UDI was a term specifically related to a deeded interest.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Thanks for the correction. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that UDI was a term specifically related to a deeded interest.
I think the term has been loosely used in this forum in regard to deeds converted into points. By definition I think they would be mutually exclusive as a deed is a specific interest and a timeshare deed by nature is a specific divided interest.

What is the meaning of undivided interest?
Claim of ownership of commonly-owned assets or property (as in a corporation, partnership, or tenancy-in-common) where each co-owner has unrestricted claim to all the assets or the entire property but no co-owner has exclusive claim to any single asset or part of the property. Also called undivided
share.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the term has been loosely used in this forum in regard to deeds converted into points.

I had only seen it in regard to deeds issued only as points that had never existed as a fixed week. In my account, my deeded point contracts are shown as UDI, but my converted fixed week is not - it shows as F/W. But I don't have any CWA in my account, so I don't know how that sort of ownership appears in one's Wyndham account.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
My Club Wyndham Access contract shows as UDI

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Bonnet creek was only every sold as UDI weeks not fixed weeks. AFAIK.

Some resorts have some buildings as fixed weeks but sold as points, and other buildings or phases that are just UDI.

UDI is the way they are going, but we have the legacy to deal with. In the end points are points. Fixed week affects what you can ARP. Whether you Have CWA or CWS limits what inventory pool you have access to during ARP. But once you get to 10 months, all points have access to all inventory (with the only exception being PR and Margaritaville that have some inventory protection).

Romain

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are there any benefits to UDI over Access? Besides you can book further in advance. I was told there were room set aside for UDI only. Is that true?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Are there any benefits to UDI over Access? Besides you can book further in advance. I was told there were room set aside for UDI only. Is that true?

No, there are not any rooms set aside for UDI. CWA and UDI is only separate in the Advanced Reservation Priority window (10-13 months). After that, the inventory is combined and can booked by both types of points. The main difference between the two is discussed above and basically boils down to the ARP rights - UDI is tied to a specific home resort (sometimes a few in the area), and CWA is tied to a group of resorts, but only for the no# of units that are assigned to CWA (i.e. rarely the entire resort).

[Mod Note: I deleted your thread as this thread was on-topic and you had asked that question here.]

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UDI is the way points are sold. They are pure points and not sold with an underlying week.

I have CWS and I have some of those points as UDI and some are fixed week converted.

UDI is NOT inventory pool of points, it is a type of points.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do we need to have a poll on what it is the correct term?
Club Wyndham Access (CWA)
Club Wyndham Select (CWS)
CWA/Undivided Interest (UDI)
CWS/Undivided Interest

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After looking at my Ownership Tab, I think the correct term is that UDI is a type of contract, not a type of points.

My ownership consists of the following types on my ownership tab, under CONTRACT DETAILS:

UDI
Converted Float Week
Biennial Even, UDI

With all of them being in CWS

And then I have a fixed week that is not in points. Since it does not show on my ownership details, I cannot recall what the correct terminology for that is.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have CWA, CWS. However there is also PR and Margaritaville. These are all types of points. You could also own a Unconverted Fixed Week, that while Wyndham it is not points.

Whether they are UDI or Fixed weeks is a contract type, I agree that is a better way to reference them.

I just noted of rash of posts about UDI vs CWA and that is NOT a valid comparison of point types. As they could be both UDI and CWA at the same time, or they could in fact be UDI and CWS too. So the Versus is not valid.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the rash is a result of some “sales lie of the month” club that salespeople sign up for.

Creating a cycle of:

new buzzword lie gets tossed out
People report sales lie of FB, asking what it means
Eventually it makes it way over here...

Not 100%, but definitely more often than not that is how the excrement rolls... we must be at the bottom of the hill...

So while the buzzword lie is confusing by design, it really is just CWA vs CWS. The same old pig with a new shade of lipstick...

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned