• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Out of hand kids at your Home Resort pool

catvag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your view on children makes me sad for you. Sure, there are some rude, ill-mannered kids out here. But there sure are a lot of adults like this too. Let me tell you some of MY observations about today's kids that are better than my generation (I'm a Gen Xer for context). Kids today are much more tolerant of "different" kinds of people -- far kinder to classmates with special needs, Downs, autism, etc. They are much more open minded and kind to those w/different sexual orientations. At the high school level, they do everything at a "higher level" than we ever did -- AP classes galore, working incredibly hard at sports , etc . Additionally, many teens volunteer to make a difference in their community (I was too self-absorbed as teen to ever do that). My daughter started working at 15, as did most of her friends. She works as a lifeguard which requires specialized training and has lives in her hands -- and takes her job VERY seriously.

Sadly it seems as though this poster might want to usurp the title "The Greatest Generation" for Gen Xers or for today's kids, whatever they are called. There has been progress in EVERY generation as well as intolerance for those who went before. But IMHO, it seems that such greater diversity has led to greater divisiveness; the need to be different is more important than striving to achieve within the mainstream. Drawing attention to oneself is paramount, often to the detriment of the whole group. Setting your own standards just makes it easier to attain them. YES to an award for just participating, not for excelling. Understanding of those with special needs comes from greater education, not from a change in the soul of any new generation. Volunteerism in this country is part of its fabric, but today you'll see far fewer young adults as volunteer firefighters, participants in local community government, members of service organizations. Me-ism is greater than we-ism. People who break the rules are cheered more than those who would like to positively work to change them.

And back to the topic -- whether it's loud kids at the pool, obnoxious drunk adults, somebody's personal music -- talk to security and GM. A personal confrontation with idiots is seldom effective.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We do not understand parents bring that their 1 year old and younger into the hot tub.

Extremely dangerous and irresponsible of the parent as a 1-year old is unable to regulate their body temperature as is needed in a hot tub.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Extremely dangerous and irresponsible of the parent as a 1-year old is unable to regulate their body temperature as is needed in a hot tub.
Most hot tubs have signs prohibiting the use for those under a certain age. Not that everyone adheres to those posted regulations.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly it seems as though this poster might want to usurp the title "The Greatest Generation" for Gen Xers or for today's kids, whatever they are called. There has been progress in EVERY generation as well as intolerance for those who went before. But IMHO, it seems that such greater diversity has led to greater divisiveness; the need to be different is more important than striving to achieve within the mainstream. Drawing attention to oneself is paramount, often to the detriment of the whole group. Setting your own standards just makes it easier to attain them. YES to an award for just participating, not for excelling. Understanding of those with special needs comes from greater education, not from a change in the soul of any new generation. Volunteerism in this country is part of its fabric, but today you'll see far fewer young adults as volunteer firefighters, participants in local community government, members of service organizations. Me-ism is greater than we-ism. People who break the rules are cheered more than those who would like to positively work to change them.

And back to the topic -- whether it's loud kids at the pool, obnoxious drunk adults, somebody's personal music -- talk to security and GM. A personal confrontation with idiots is seldom effective.
How little you understand me or my views. I actually agree with the majority of what you are saying. My comments were directed at the OP that indicated that kids today have no morals or manners . With THAT comment I disagree.

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy at a new resort. Not easy to change people.

Not an option. Love my resort of 32+ years and got rid of all other timeshares we owned just to be able to enjoy relaxing the three weeks we own here.

We made the choice in the past few years after not enjoying our stays at trades we made. So we no longer will be doing any trades, and we will only go to our home resort when we can, otherwise we will rent our weeks out and save the money (besides paying any yearly fees), that we would spend on flights and all the other luxuries we don’t do when staying home or driving to our home state to visit family.

Look forward to being able to travel again back to our home resort, but we made this a last major trip for the next few years until we can hopefully sell our home without a great loss and save money during those years before we market the home, so we can move back to our home state to be closer to aging family.

We are lucky to own three weeks in a prime location that we can choose the unit we want, which always has a great ocean view and being able to walk to shops and restaurants is a plus for us.

It’s just a small resort without all the fancy extras that we would never use and with the major interior model and sound abatement, the units will even be more comfortable to relax in.

I’m sure this was a major anomaly this trip of the kids being out of hand, and I’m sure the record breaking temperatures didn’t help keep the kids in or at other family activities.(We normally don’t travel this late in the spring, but hubby requested to celebrate a major milestone birthday this time and I was able to use up the last two weeks I had available in my favorite unit.)

I’m sure we will have issues with kids again in the future, since the pool deck is small where the lounge chairs are, unless they decide to push the fence back a few feet and add much needed deck space, but that comes with a cost to the owners. (Don’t see that happening, but you never know! I’m always being surprised by the beautiful improvements that continue around the resort property.)

Sometimes I just want to relax and enjoy the sun, other times I’m enjoying the sun, pool and spa.

Only our next visit will determine if the resort has decided to police the pool area better after getting so many complaints this time.

We love our home resort and plan on keeping it as long as my health permits me to travel. I understand there will always be some children at the resort and of course they want to have fun.
Just as long as they follow the posted rules, play safely and try to have respect for the other guests around the pool, I can bring my earbuds w/music when relaxing. I don’t expect to get blasted in the side of the head with a water cannon from 50 ft away when entering the pool area where it’s normally dry and shaded under the cabana area.

Only time will tell how the resort decided to deal with this issue. I wasn’t the first in line to complain, nor was I involved in the major fight between some older guests and a younger parent that didn’t care if their children ran wild. At least security took care of the issue in the pool area from what I understand. (I don’t know if the parent and kids were guests or owners.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
How little you understand me or my views. I actually agree with the majority of what you are saying. My comments were directed at the OP that indicated that kids today have no morals or manners . With THAT comment I disagree.

Being the OP, this wasn’t about loud kids having fun, this post was about unsupervised out of hand kids that didn’t know anything about the posted rules, running on the deck, diving and jumping into the pool with no regard for anyone that was relaxing around the pool, splashing anyone nearby after kindly being asked by others to please move their games away from the area that had people relaxing, They were throwing a ball that kept creating a big splash that would hit the lounging adults, there were 3-5 year olds with water cannons carelessly aiming anywhere. Which I had just walked into the pool area and was aprox 50 ft from the pool under the cabana getting ready to grab a plastic chair as a table for my bag, and I got blasted in the side of the head with a water cannon. I was in an area that water shouldn’t been able to reach with basic splashing that normally happens in a pool.

These kids were breaking every rule on the giant board except having glass containers!

When I did settle down at the far end of the pool (which this pool is one of the rare pools to still be 8 ft deep, I politely asked one of the teens to not dive, since it was against the rules and pointed to the giant sign a few feet away from him. He was nice enough to read it and screamed to the others not to dive, but that still didn’t stop them from breaking all the other rules, especially the much younger kids that appeared to be unsupervised (unless the teens were the supervision), and most likely couldn’t read or understand the rules.

The rules are there for safety reasons.

Everything they did was breaking the rules, including having any kind of toys in the pool.

Also, everything they did to enjoy themselves while breaking the rules was very disruptive to the other adult guests that may have already asked the kids to refrain from splashing in their area. (If the kids weren’t breaking all the rules, the adults that were trying to relax around a far side of the pool wouldn’t be getting splashed.)

This is nothing to do with kids screeching in joy and doing the basic kicking in the pool that would cause some splashing, This was totally out of control kids breaking every rule and the excessive splashing from them diving, jumping into the pool, running around the deck, having the water cannons and balls that were bouncing off the water causing extra splashing.

This was all about safety and rules being broken and disturbing the other guests.

When I finally got up to exchange my pool towels at housekeeping, which I have to pass the view or the lobby and I saw a short line of people (the guests recognized from the pool), complaining to security, I felt it was only right to back them up with what I experienced in seeing all the rules being broken and these kids were definitely out of control as though they were at home and able to do as they pleased!

This wasn’t the only day something went down at the pool, since I witnessed from my upper outer walkway on the 3rd floor of my building, which I could hear and see somewhat some screaming between these older guests and a parent that was aprox 40 yrs old. I didn’t stick around to watch, but I definitely caught the parent basically telling the older guests “where to go” and his kids could do as they please, which meant breaking the rules!

Another day that I was able to get down to the pool without any children at the pool yet, after talking to those same older guests about the out of hand kids, (conversation was more about the excessive splashing), they eventually left and a much older gentleman overheard the conversation and told me how bad it really got, since he was at the pool that day. Security kicked them all out, and they kids I’m saying have no morals went on to chasing and terrorizing the chickens on the property! (I don’t know if Security did anything about that), but no animal should ever be tormented whether or not you like the chickens that roam the island freely! I can only imagine what they do back at home with their neighbors pets? This is definitely not a good start for future behavior as they grow up, especially if they have a parent that was more concerned with talking on his phone and “telling the other guests off”, while letting his kids run out of control in unsafe manner around a pool deck!

Luckily no one got hurt that I know of, but it would of served them right if a kid did get hurt breaking all the rules posted in a few areas around the pool area! Especially with a parent not paying attention to what his kids were doing.

Yes, some kids have no morals or manners, and it’s obviously learned behavior from a parent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
D63A1358-2727-4ABF-896E-14599E1F23AB.jpeg
Yet again, pointing out what you said about “today’s kids “ .... no manners or morals

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 12389 Yet again, pointing out what you said about “today’s kids “ .... no manners or morals
You may want to reread my post! I did not say what you have said I did. Read the THREAD again . The manners and morals section is not mine. You seem to have combined 2 replyes

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to reread my post! I did not say what you have said I did. Read the THREAD again . The manners and morals section is not mine. You seem to have combined 2 replyes
I created confusion w/my response , Mav. I was taking a screen grab of Xan with her comments that there are "no morals or manners in today's kids". A comment that I find a gross (and unfair) generalization.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I created confusion w/my response , Mav. I was taking a screen grab of Xan with her comments that there are "no morals or manners in today's kids". A comment that I find a gross (and unfair) generalization.
Parenting is the problem, not the kids.