• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Solmar Lands End Resort and Spa Feedback (2015)

vilem25

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Pardon my n00b-ness but was just looking for some feed back. I know there is probably a thread but I'm still learning about how to use this forum.

So I have a timeshare with Grand Solmar Lands End Resort and Spa. Kind of feel that I got duped in to it last July and now seeing what I can do to get out of my contract but I have my doubts.

My question to you veterans out there: Is this place any good? We only had a free breakfast there (sure you've heard something similar) and took a quick tour of the place and don't know how the place really is.

Any feedback/opinions on Interval International? We were told that we could exchange our time with this group for all these "luxurious" hotels around the world. Doesn't look very luxurious but if we have to put up with it I would like to get some tips on how to take advantage of it.

I've been lurking around the forum finding some really good information and finally decided to sign up. Have always been interested in Timeshares as my wife and I like to travel. Kinda feel that we got a bad deal on this one as it seems we're stuck at this resort. So I'm looking for some good news to help me feel better about my predicament.

Thanks,

Billy C.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
GSE is my favorite place in Cabo. We ALWAYS look to exchange there first. (Our two timeshares are MVCI.) The facility is seriously top notch. 5* Location cannot be beat. The staff is wonderful. Every detail is polished. Not sure if that's what you are looking for or not.....

I imagine it will trade at a very high value through II.

vilem25

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. Makes me feel a little more comfortable. What would you do for transportation from the airport to the resort?

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Three options: GSE is about 45 mins from airport.

You can just take a cab from the airport.

Rent a car-we usually went with Dominic cars@dominicloscabos.com Very affordable. Cash only-includes all mandatory insurance and full tank of gas. He is highly rated on tripadvisor.com. Beware of the standard rental companies. Low prices appear of website. Then mandatory fees double or triple cost at time of rental.

Hire transport to GSE: We like Arturo. Certainly more than a cab, but luxurious and fun. http://translobo.blogspot.com/

Once at Grand Solmar, they have a buggy that takes you to property entrance. Its POSSIBLE to walk to the town of Cabo-but its not super easy. We did not rent a car last time and used cabs. (Arturo to get to resort.)

Have a great time.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Great resort that is usually 100% occupied as it's a new II affiliation and the rest of the Solmar/PG properties are all RCI. Unless you are infirmed the location is great for walking to town and all the nearby resturants which have must better food and better selection than eating at the (overpriced) resort. If you want to go to Medano beach (swimable beach) then hop a water taxi from the nearby marina for $3/person.
We use the TransCabo shuttle from the airport at $15/person one way ($17 return).
If you have a group of four then just get a one day Alamo rental that starts at the airport and ends in town.You can actually leave it at the PG parking lot as PG has an Alamo desk- no drop fee. This way you can do your shopping on the way to resort then ditch the car as you really do not need it. For further afield excursions you can cab it or for more local color use the colectivo buses at 12.5 persos per person one way. (good for a grocery store runs etc). All timeshares purchased from the developer are a rip off but the value is in learning how to best use it. GS is a top property and usually rents for more than the MF so don't trade it. Use it or rent it.

vilem25

Reaction score
I'm very glad I found this site. It's a great support tool as I am beginning to feel more comfortable about this big investment. Thank you everyone!!!

Aussie girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our favorite timeshare in Interval and have stayed at most of the top ones.

We have traded in four times and finally purchased resale last year. I would not be using your week to trade as most places would be a downgrade.

Good luck and hope you can learn to love your week.

Aussie girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is our favorite timeshare in Interval and we have stayed at most of the top ones.

We have traded in four times and finally purchased resale last year. I would not be using your week to trade as most places would be a downgrade.

Good luck and hope you can learn to love your week.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Three options: GSE is about 45 mins from airport.

You can just take a cab from the airport.

Rent a car-we usually went with Dominic cars@dominicloscabos.com Very affordable. Cash only-includes all mandatory insurance and full tank of gas. He is highly rated on tripadvisor.com. Beware of the standard rental companies. Low prices appear of website. Then mandatory fees double or triple cost at time of rental.

Hire transport to GSE: We like Arturo. Certainly more than a cab, but luxurious and fun. http://translobo.blogspot.com/

Once at Grand Solmar, they have a buggy that takes you to property entrance. Its POSSIBLE to walk to the town of Cabo-but its not super easy. We did not rent a car last time and used cabs. (Arturo to get to resort.)

Have a great time.

Reviving an older thread.

We will be staying at GS at LE in early December, which will be our first stay there (via II trade). We had visited the resort several years ago and were impressed with what we saw. We will be in a 1BR 2BA unit.

We are thinking of renting a car at or near the airport, so are wondering if Dominic is still renting cars and if you have had any more recent experience with him? Also, do you know if the resort provides complimentary parking or charges a fee?

The last time we stayed in Cabo we stayed at Sirena del Mar (Welk) and didn't rent a car. This time we are thinking we will want to visit San Jose del Cabo and a few of the other resorts in the area, so a car may be more beneficial.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Mike

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay at Grand Solmar for a month every year, so just rent for the days we need a car. Dominic is still renting cars and is recommended by regulars on Trip Advisor's Cabo Travel Forum, but we haven't used him in a while. This year, our best deal was from Alamo (email: gerentecsl@alamo.com.mx )

Grand Solmar has free underground parking.

Enjoy your stay!

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We stay at Grand Solmar for a month every year, so just rent for the days we need a car. Dominic is still renting cars and is recommended by regulars on Trip Advisor's Cabo Travel Forum, but we haven't used him in a while. This year, our best deal was from Alamo (email: gerentecsl@alamo.com.mx )

Grand Solmar has free underground parking.

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Best regards.

Mike

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying in a 2 bdr and I think they do not have a dishwasher. I know there is daily HK but what happens with the dishes?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
....... I know there is daily HK but what happens with the dishes?

They get clean by magic .

At Vidanta’s Mexican resorts - it is customary to tip housekeeping in order to assist the magic.
It likely works the same way at Grand Solmar.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
They get clean by magic .

At Vidanta’s Mexican resorts - it is customary to tip housekeeping in order to assist the magic.
It likely works the same way at Grand Solmar.
oh, good idea!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This resort looks interesting. Will the following II traders pull a 1 bdrm at this resort?

Sheraton Vistana Villages (SVV) lockoff studio? (with upgrade)
SVV Lockoff 1 bdrm?

Do you ever see this with II getaways?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
DannyTS, the housekeeping staff is wonderful at the resort. They do a full cleaning every day (including washing the floors). We always personally thank them, and leave a note with a tip each day. Some people choose to leave one large tip for the entire week, but the housekeeper may change during the week and we want to be fair. There is no dishwasher, so you can either do your own or the housekeeper will do them for you. The resort says there is a fee if you want the dishes washed every day, but our housekeeper has never charged it to the room. To be fair, I think you may get charged if the kitchen is a total disaster. I wash some of our dishes and generally keep the area tidy, because I can't stand looking at a messy kitchen.

CalGalTraveler, either SVV unit should see a studio (about 750sf), and the 1BR SVV should see a 1BR in Grand Solmar at Land's End. Units are usually available in the off season. Unfortunately, the 2BR's and larger are rarely sighted on Interval. The new Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas has more availability, but it's much farther out of town.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
CalGalTraveler, either SVV unit should see a studio (about 750sf), and the 1BR SVV should see a 1BR in Grand Solmar at Land's End. Units are usually available in the off season. Unfortunately, the 2BR's and larger are rarely sighted on Interval. The new Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas has more availability, but it's much farther out of town.

Thank you! Does II ever show availability in during December - May? What about cash getaways?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes for availability in early December and May. January through mid-April is tough to get, but not impossible. I'm not sure if SVV would have enough power to get a week in those months, especially a 1BR or larger. I haven't seen Grand Solmar at Land's End as a Getaway in a very long time, but I don't look that often. GS @ Rancho San Lucas has been available, as they are in active sales.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thank you! Does II ever show availability in during December - May? What about cash getaways?

We traded our Marriott Desert Springs Villas I- 1 BR into Lands End for this coming Dec. 7-14 and will be in a 1BR unit. I think it was through an instant exchange rather than an ongoing search. This will be our first stay there, but we did visit the resort several years ago when we were in Cabo. It was very nice and we decided we needed to stay there if we ever get the chance. Looking forward to it.

Best regards.

Mike

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We traded our Marriott Desert Springs Villas I- 1 BR into Lands End for this coming Dec. 7-14 and will be in a 1BR unit. I think it was through an instant exchange rather than an ongoing search. This will be our first stay there, but we did visit the resort several years ago when we were in Cabo. It was very nice and we decided we needed to stay there if we ever get the chance. Looking forward to it.

Best regards.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Great info. Please let us know how you enjoy the stay. We have stayed at Fiesta Americana (FA) Grand Fiesta on the corridor via HGVC points/RCI trades (2x). Fantastic resort but we don't like to rent a car in Mexico and would like to walk to town but also stay in a very nice place without too much noise. This might fit the bill.

@PamMo Are there are decent running/walking trails near the resort?

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can hike up Mt Solmar, which is right beside the resort. You get spectacular views of the marina, Cabo San Lucas, the mountains, the coast along the Sea of Cortez, and the Pacific Ocean from up on top. I walk for miles every day from Grand Solmar to the marina, Medano Beach, and around town. Not really a running trail due to uneven sidewalks and crowds sometimes, but I do see people try to run. I particularly love walking in the early morning, and watching the town wake up.

There is a nice gym at the resort, but I'd rather be outside.

Last edited: