• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Flex Resale-Nuances, please help?

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
All of my Vistana VOIs are mandatory resale (thanks Tug), but we love to ski at Steamboat and looking to buy resale Sheraton Flex for that reason. I am not interested in Westin Riverfront nor can I find a true deeded Steamboat week (very rare) for less than $20,000+. I understand most of the Sheraton Flex resale details, but I still have several questions regarding the resale limitations:

1. I am potentially looking to close on resale Sheraton Flex later in 2019, but I do not have any more time in 2019 to use the Sheraton Flex HOs this year. If the owner (original developer purchase) banks the 2019 HO points before the closing will the HO points convey to me or what happens to them? I don't want to think that the owner banked his HO points and then when the VOI transfers to me the HO points are not there. If the 2019 banked HOs transfer to me will they work as SO or only HO just for the following year the original owner banked the HO points? (I am tried to figure out just for the owner banked points what happens to them and if they can transfer as part of the sale and what limitations that banked points will have for me)

2. Is my understanding correct that once I own Sheraton Flex resale I as a resale owner will not be able to bank HO points at all? Does that mean in subsequent years that if I can't use points from (for example) 2020 in 2021 (even at just the Sheraton Flex resorts)?

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
The banked options would not convey to you, they would stay in the previous owners account if they have other voi’s, otherwise they are lost. The only thing that can be done with the 2019 options for your benefit, is a reservation for use. Otherwise, you might stipulate in the closing that your first use year is 2020. This way you do not reimburse maintenance fees for 2019, and the owner can now make a 2020 ski week reservation which will convey on closing.

I am uncertain about the ability to bank flex weeks on resale.

Markus.

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own 5 Sheraton Flex VOIs bought from developer. Banking only applies to SOs and since Flex resale is not SO eligible, you won't be able to bank flex HOs. Any bank SOs will be lost after the resale transfer.
The only option is to book an II reservation and put you as a guest since II can be reserved up to 2 years ahead

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Clarification:

#1 You cannot bank Home Options - You can only bank Staroptions.

#2 Flex resales are VOLUNTARY - they do not have Staroptions or Starpoints, so no, you will never be able to bank or borrow Staroptions, because you won't have any Staroptions.

#3 You cannot receive the previous owners banked Staroptions, because of #1 and 2 above.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do housekeeping credits work with Sheraton Flex? I know with weeks, you get one per VOI (lockoffs get two) each year. Say you have 44,000 Flex Options, how many HK credits? What if you had 148,100 HomeOptions? Is there more HK credits?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How do housekeeping credits work with Sheraton Flex? I know with weeks, you get one per VOI (lockoffs get two) each year. Say you have 44,000 Flex Options, how many HK credits? What if you had 148,100 HomeOptions? Is there more HK credits?
I don't know the answer, but they might just build the extra cost into the management fee portion of the MF for each trust.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know the answer, but they might just build the extra cost into the management fee portion of the MF for each trust.
That is what I was wondering. Perhaps there are no HK fees. Would be good to know. We tend to use our Vistana StarOptions for shorter stays and we burn through our two HK credits in no time.

WorldTraveler1972

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told that sheraton flex is a considered a mandatory resort. Is this not true?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I was told that sheraton flex is a considered a mandatory resort. Is this not true?

I don't think so. Flex is a program(group of resorts) not an individual resort.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

That isn't true. Resale buyers of flex can only use the resorts in flex.

They don't have staroptions, which means they can't use the other Vistana resorts, nor can they bank/borrow.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Since you can not bank due to resale, your only real “bank” option is to drop into II for future use.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Nope - you were lied to - by a sales person?

These are the ONLY mandatory resorts:

* Harborside at Atlantis
* Vistana Villages (Bella and Key West phases only)
* Westin St. John (Virgin Grand - Hillside only)
* Westin Ka'anapali & Westin Ka'anapali-North
* Westin Kierland Villas

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I called Vistana today to ask this question. Of course you can never rely 100% on the answer from phone reps, but the answer was that you still only get one HK for free per VOI. So if you own a single 148,100 FlexOption contract, you only get one HK free. This would be unlike a 2BR-LO where you would get two. I then tried to get an answer about the MF for Sheraton Flex. They transferred me to the HOA department who couldn't answer the question. They said it depends on the VOI and what season you own. They are clueless. There are no seasons with Sheraton Flex. The MF is per point. I just am trying to confirm how much it currently is per point. They couldn't tell me that. They would need a contract number to be able to say how much the MF was. :mad:

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think so. Flex is a program(group of resorts) not an individual resort.
I have seen an estoppel for a flex contract and it indeed indicates it is voluntary.