• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Refresh my memory on nights earned

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've done an Interval getaway and I just don't remember the quirks.

Used a Getaway three weeks ago at the Sheraton Vistiana Resort in Orlando and the night credits had not come through on the Marriott site.

Filled out the missing stay form and got an email a couple of days later saying they could not give me credit because the stay was booked through a third party website. I guess technically Interval is a third party site, but didn't realize Marriott considered it third party for timeshare stays. (I knew third party quirk for points/stays for hotel stays.)

I thought I was being smart by saving one of my banked Interval weeks and buying the Getaway?? I told my wife we should have bought something at the marketplace store (or whatever they call it at Sheraton).

In the grand scheme of things, I guess night credits really don't matter anymore since I'm Lifetime Platinum and can never get Lifetime Titanium.

What about an bonus week (not that anything I want is ever available-- because Orlando wasn't eligible on any of my four bonus week certificates for May before Labor Day)?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on your specific situation but I always make sure that the counter clerk puts my Marriott Reward number into the system at time of check in.

No chasing ever needed after the fact as long as this is done.....

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've done an Interval getaway and I just don't remember the quirks.

Used a Getaway three weeks ago at the Sheraton Vistiana Resort in Orlando and the night credits had not come through on the Marriott site.

Filled out the missing stay form and got an email a couple of days later saying they could not give me credit because the stay was booked through a third party website. I guess technically Interval is a third party site, but didn't realize Marriott considered it third party for timeshare stays. (I knew third party quirk for points/stays for hotel stays.)

I thought I was being smart by saving one of my banked Interval weeks and buying the Getaway?? I told my wife we should have bought something at the marketplace store (or whatever they call it at Sheraton).

In the grand scheme of things, I guess night credits really don't matter anymore since I'm Lifetime Platinum and can never get Lifetime Titanium.

What about an bonus week (not that anything I want is ever available-- because Orlando wasn't eligible on any of my four bonus week certificates for May before Labor Day)?
I think the difference is the getaway rather than an exchange, in that sense it's no different than priceline. I've had a lot of problems adding the nights when not done so at the resort and a lot of success when done at the resort even when technically it was not supposed to be done.

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We book Getaways all the time. We have never received Marriott Rewards (now Bonvoy) credit for an Interval International Getaway. We provide our Rewards/Bonvoy number at check in for incidentals, but those are the only points we receive.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always (so far anyway) received nights credit and spend points for Interval Getaways.
However, we don’t tend to take these on their own, we use them to extend home weeks / points booking stays with my MR number linked and with charges to the villa.
Whether this makes a difference is difficult to say?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received nights credit (not points) for an Interval getaway at Royal Palms. I made sure to provide my Marriott Rewards number at check-in.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We have always gotten elite nights for getaways, but have added our MR number prior to arrival. Not sure if that's making any difference or not.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, called before and added my Bonvoy number and they confirmed at check-in.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always gotten nights credit for II getaway stays, but they've all been MVC properties and have had my MR#/BonVoy# attached ahead of time. I could then see the reservation on the 'My Trips" list on my account.

I have an upcoming II getaway at a Westin timeshare. I couldn't attach it to my account because the reservation number from II was not a BonVoy number. I emailed a request, and they either found or created a BonVoy reservation # and attached it to my account. That reservation now shows up in my account. I'm hopeful that I'll get nights credit for that one.

I also have an upcoming II getaway for Vistana in Orlando (like the OP). Again, I couldn't attach it to my account because the reservation number from II was not a BonVoy number, but some kind of Vistana number. I emailed a request, but they couldn't/wouldn't do it, so I'll probably have to add it at check-in. I probably shouldn't be too hopeful about getting nights credit for that one.

It doesn't make too much difference since I'm Lifetime Titanium. But it will probably mean the difference of whether I earn the 75 night Bonus.

OP: Was your reservation number from II a BonVoy number, or something else. After they added your BonVoy number did the reservation show up on the 'My Trips' section of you Marriott/BonVoy account?

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dvc_john,
OP: Was your reservation number from II a BonVoy number, or something else. After they added your BonVoy number did the reservation show up on the 'My Trips' section of you Marriott/BonVoy account?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I don't know. I called the property directly and added my Bonvoy number one night and forgot all about checking my trips to make sure it was there. Considering they confirmed my number at check-in, I didn't think much more about it-- until now.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort

Actually Marriott owns Interval International now. You might call them on that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
[QUOTE="dvc_john,
OP: Was your reservation number from II a BonVoy number, or something else. After they added your BonVoy number did the reservation show up on the 'My Trips' section of you Marriott/BonVoy account?

Honestly I don't know. I called the property directly and added my Bonvoy number one night and forgot all about checking my trips to make sure it was there. Considering they confirmed my number at check-in, I didn't think much more about it-- until now.[/QUOTE]

it should show on your bill when you checked out if they had it recorded properly.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually Marriott owns Interval International now. You might call them on that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's still a separate company and I doubt this would have any meaning to a front line contact. If one wants to pursue that route you'd need to talk to corporate I suspect.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
It's still a separate company and I doubt this would have any meaning to a front line contact. If one wants to pursue that route you'd need to talk to corporate I suspect.
Do not give up. I always exchange via II to book getaways and exchanges. All of my exchanges receive 7 nights for weekly stays and points for money spent on property. Call and request a supervisor. I also call Marriott a few days after booking with II to allow the reservation time to be put in my name. There's never an issue.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not give up. I always exchange via II to book getaways and exchanges. All of my exchanges receive 7 nights for weekly stays and points for money spent on property. Call and request a supervisor. I also call Marriott a few days after booking with II to allow the reservation time to be put in my name. There's never an issue.
I've had a lot of luck doing so ahead of time or on checking in at the resorts and no luck after the fact on exchanges, much less getaways. I've spoken to supervisors several times for my situations which were slightly different. Still no luck. Technically as I understand it, this would be against the rules for one to receive credit. They've already made contact and been told no. My post, which you quoted, was to the tactic of telling them they own II now. My point is that is irrelevant, it's not really the same company but if one wants to go that route they'll likely need to go higher than a supervisor. Ultimately one has to decide how much effort to put into a losing battle. I've learned it's not worth it but one needs to be certain the rewards number is added previously. I've gotten meticulous on this issue since we often have multiple rooms that are concurrent, consecutive and/or overlap.

Last edited:

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprise-- I got my monthly email "newsletter" this morning and it showed a higher night count. Logged in and sure enough, the seven nights have been added.
But I'm still not sure if Getaways are really "supposed" to get night credits -- or if they gave them to me as customer service credit??? ...want to know so I know how to make the best booking decisions in the future.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Swice; I am glad that you received your nights earned....

Always remember to present your Bonvoy number at check in and watch the desk clerk enter it into the system. This is the easiest way to always get your nights credit.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Also: at many places, you can check out on the phone (without going to the front desk). But I still prefer to use the front desk, and I always ask for a printout, even if there is a zero balance. The printout will show the last 3-4 numbers of the Marriott Rewards account on file for the stay.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very interesting and timely thread. I stayed at Marriott Ocean Pointe last week on an II exchange. My Marriott Bonvoy number was attached to the reservation that I could see on the advance requests from the resort. I stayed 7 nights. My Marriott number was listed on my e-mail bill. My 1000 point welcome gift was not received nor was my 7 nights credited. I called the resort, who directed me to call owner services. I did, but I am not a Marriott owner. They were unable to access my Bonvoy account nor my II account. I spoke to Bonvoy reps, with no success and probably one of the most unproductive conversations I have ever had with Marriott or Bonvoy. No points, no nights and no indication aside from my checkout bill seems to exist in the Marriott system, maybe I am invisible. In the past all reservations made whether exchange or getaway have been credited with welcome points and nights. As I was typing this reply, I received a call from Ocean Pointe who followed up with Marriott. She advised me that Marriott was having issues with posting nights and credits and were working on the problem. I have been an II member since 2000, how can Marriott destroy them with the takeover of ILG?

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Getting the points for exchanges and getaways do receive reward points. I am a new Marriott owner as of 2018, but I have been getting my rewards since 2012 via II exchanges and getaways. There’s never an issue for me. I wait a few days after booking the reservation so it can be changed to my name, then call Marriott to have it added to my account. I only learned how to add the reservation manually myself last week on a unit I picked up for the Surf Club. I had no problem adding it.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
We book Getaways all the time. We have never received Marriott Rewards (now Bonvoy) credit for an Interval International Getaway. We provide our Rewards/Bonvoy number at check in for incidentals, but those are the only points we receive.

Exactly. :(

Some of the 3rd party website stuff is really disheartening, especially when Marriott claims the lowest rates on their website but you find lower rates elsewhere that they won't match or things like that.

As an example, due to a mistake on Marriott website listing parking as $80 per night, when it was free, we booked through a 3rd party site that said parking would be FREE w our special value booking. Big mistake. Lost all the benefits and can't even count on an upgrade when we checkin. This even after calling Marriott Elite line AND the hotel BEFORE booking. Neither were helpful.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting the points for exchanges and getaways do receive reward points. I am a new Marriott owner as of 2018, but I have been getting my rewards since 2012 via II exchanges and getaways. There’s never an issue for me. I wait a few days after booking the reservation so it can be changed to my name, then call Marriott to have it added to my account. I only learned how to add the reservation manually myself last week on a unit I picked up for the Surf Club. I had no problem adding it.
For Exchanges you can add the number on the Marriott.com website, I'm not sure about Getaways but someone else likely know for sure. I just did it yesterday for a Grande Ocean exchange next month.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Simply having your Bonvoy number on the reservation doesn't always guaranty nights anymore, at least not without legwork. We stayed at the Surf Club in September. The reservation was in my MR account. After checkout, no nights posted. It took work to get them posted. Similar was true with stays at Sheraton Vistana Villages. I confirmed at checkin that they had my Bonvoy number on the reservation. They actually read it to me at the checkin desk. I didn't have to give it to them. Again, after checkout there were no nights posted. These were StarOption reservations and again took a lot of work to get the nights posted.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Simply having your Bonvoy number on the reservation doesn't always guaranty nights anymore, at least not without legwork. We stayed at the Surf Club in September. The reservation was in my MR account. After checkout, no nights posted. It took work to get them posted. Similar was true with stays at Sheraton Vistana Villages. I confirmed at checkin that they had my Bonvoy number on the reservation. They actually read it to me at the checkin desk. I didn't have to give it to them. Again, after checkout there were no nights posted. These were StarOption reservations and again took a lot of work to get the nights posted.
I think there are times when the number doesn't get carried through. I've gotten to where I double check the number is present even if I know it was on the reservation previously.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Exchanges you can add the number on the Marriott.com website, I'm not sure about Getaways but someone else likely know for sure. I just did it yesterday for a Grande Ocean exchange next month.

It works great for II getaways, but only if the II confirmation has a Bonvoy reservation number on it. (eg if a MVC resort). For Westin or Vistana, the reservation number given is not a Bonvoy reservation number, so the Marriott.com system can't find it.