• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Raptors' long playoff run means 'multiple millions' for Toronto

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I guess it's about time the Raptors have some playoff success after 24 years. They've had a few disappointments over the last few years with all that talent.

I'm still stewing over the fact that Vancouver needlessly lost the Grizzlies 18 years ago. :mad:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For Golden State to win another NBA Title; Kevin Durant must play and he must play well. IMO.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Brilliant play, with lots of depth showing in Thursday's game. It was exciting to watch. All the talent on the Raptors came out to play. If they can keep that energy and discipline going, with everyone contributing their best efforts, the Raptors can get this done. And a great historical reminder by the NBA Commissioner that basketball was invented and first played in Canada. Go Raptors!!

Last edited:

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching basketball after a long time. Game 1 was fun. Getting on the Raptors bandwagon.

GO RAPTORS GO!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for Game 2 to be played in Canada.
I agree watching the NBA playoff games this year is fun again.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Game 2 is over and the winner is Golden State 109 to 104.
This lost must be very hard on the Raptors because KD did not play.
Curry was playing with an illness and K Thompson was injury in the fourth quarter of the game. The Raptors still lost the game by 5 points.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the third period of the game IMHO, the Raptors lost this game. They let Golden State run off
18 unanswered points. It is going to be tough for the Raptors to win in Golden State.

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Maybe. I think it showed both teams are very well matched and the Warriors got a wake-up call after the first game, so knew they had to come out charging in this game.

Nevertheless, while the Warriors had a great third quarter, they missed most of their shots at the beginning of the game. Just like Raptors missed a lot of their shots in the second half. And in the fourth quarter, the Raptors' defence kept the vaunted Warriors scoreless for almost five minutes, just like Warriors kept Raptors scoreless for six minutes in the third quarter. Good defence on both sides.

The game was winnable by either team at the end, but both Raptors and Warriors were having trouble sinking their shots in the fourth quarter when they needed them and ultimately the Warriors held off the Raptors.

I still think this will go the full seven games. Whoever ultimately wins, it will be very exciting basketball and the Raptors will have certainly made a number of Americans sit up and take notice. Go Raptors!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with you this series is going seven (7) games. The first team to win four (4) game
will be the NBA Champions.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To my Canadian Tugger, personally I would love to see both team win. Both are outstanding basketball teams with great players on both team. But only one team can be Crown NBA champion. The team with the least number of injured starting players is going to win this title. Right now the Raptors have the best edge; especially if their is a game seven. They will have home-court advantage and every Canadian citizens will be behind them to win this championship IMHO.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Raptors are up 2 games to 1. Looney, Durant and Thompson are injured and could not play.
That was only 50 points out of the Warriors starting lineup. Again the team with the most injured starters are going down in defeat. IMHO.

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
That's the case in any playoff series. Advantage usually accrues to the team that has few or no injuries. Just like any city, there have been lots of playoff games and series lost by Toronto sports teams over the years (whether basketball, baseball, football or hockey) due to key players being injured. That is just part of sports. :shrug:

At the end of the day, Warriors were outplayed yesterday. Raptors offence finally came alive, made their shots, took the lead and kept it. Even Warriors' players have said Toronto has a very good, talented team and the results are what they are...no excuses. However, I will never count my chickens before they are hatched. There are still four potential games to go. Let's hope it is only two! :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO. This NBA Series is over. The MVP regular season winner and The MVP of The NBA Championship Series is Kawhi Leonard of The Raptors.
Congr' to the Raptors. The Raptors are the best team in the NBA this season.

Their will be 37 million Canadians rooting for The Raptors to whip Golden State in Canada in game five (5).

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
As a Kawhi Leonard fan, I'm loving this series. We became San Diego State season ticket holders in 2009, and that was Kawhi's freshman year at SDSU. This play here is one of my favorites (steal, save ball from out of bounds, pass, dunk)
. It was an electrifying moment. I am very happy that he has had so much success in the NBA, and I hope that it continues for a long time.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
This has been an amazing series...compelling basketball, even without Durant present. Raptors' depth and defence keep showing their strengths. I was a bit concerned during the first half of last night's game and thought Warriors might take it, but the Raptors battled back in the second half. They just keep finding ways to win. :thumbup:

It is sudden death now for Golden State. It would be fabulous for all the fans if Raptors could win here at home in Toronto. I had assumed this series would go at least six, maybe seven games. But I could live with five. Let's go, Raptors!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Toronto Raptors - 2019 NBA Champions

The last time a Toronto team won a pro championship, by league.

2019 – NBA –

2018 – RFL – Toronto Wolfpack wins league shield.

2018 – AHL – Marlies win their first Calder Cup.

2018 – CWHL – Markham Thunder take the Clarkson Cup for the first time.

2017 – CFL – Toronto Argonauts win the Grey Cup for the 17th time.

2017 – MLS -- Toronto FC beat Seattle for the MLS Cup for their first.

2017 – D-League – Raptors 905 featuring Fred VanVleet for their first.

2014 – CWHL – Toronto Furies win their only Clarkson Cup.

2011 – NLL -- Toronto Rock win their sixth Champions Cup.

1993 – MLB – Toronto Blue Jays win their second World Series in a row.

1967 – NHL – The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup for the 13th time.