• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post-Vacation Letdown

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We are very close to DH retirement. I’ve got trips planned from July to December going somewhere each month. Also have at least 3 trips planned for 2020. We love to travel, and when he is retired ( I have been for a while) we will do more of it. As long as we both are healthy and able. But part of me waits for the other shoe to drop! Do you feel this way sometimes?
Silentg

Stop waiting and worrying and just keep enjoying. It does drop at times but then I pick it up when I can and don’t look back.

Because the shoe dropped this year I missed two consecutive weeks at Main 84 Kenneport, Maine in the penthouse and two consecutive weeks at Chetoa in Blowing Rock, NC., my two favorite places. Life happens. I was in Key West and Marco Island for over a month this year and look forward to my fall timeshare weeks.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My countdown to retirement is 14 more work days. Pulled the plug one year ahead of what I was thinking. Unfortunately (fortunately) husband has to work for a few more years.

Joan

Congratulations! My husband, too, is pulling the plug 4 months ahead of schedule at the end of this year. Actually- he was even going to wait another year after that so I could have health insurance, but he can't do it and I don't blame him. As circumstances have it, it is working out for him to retire sooner. In fact- I wish he was retired right now!

As for me- I was forced out of work in Sept. when I had 3 more years planned, but I am glad to be done.

Enjoy your retirement! Maybe your husband will be able to cut his work years short also!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Stop waiting and worrying and just keep enjoying. It does drop at times but then I pick it up when I can and don’t look back.

Because the shoe dropped this year I missed two consecutive weeks at Main 84 Kenneport, Maine in the penthouse and two consecutive weeks at Chetoa in Blowing Rock, NC., my two favorite places. Life happens. I was in Key West and Marco Island for over a month this year and look forward to my fall timeshare weeks.
Thanks for the encouraging reply, I’m an optimist, so I’ll worry about that shoe after it drops.
Safe travels!
Silentg

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I’m talking to a lot more people where I work that are saying the same thing. I’ve worked with these people over 35 years and they are starting to retire.

People retiring at my company was pretty rare when I started. Many people didn’t stay that long. I have been there 35 years and I’m still only about 15th on the seniority list.

My time will come and yours will be here before you know it. :thumbup:
I hear ya. I will be here 31 years in August...Not too many still around from when I started. Not sure where I am on the seniority list anymore. Lots have left in the last couple of years because of the changes made around here.

I started one but it’s depressing to look at, 2,208. My wife’s is better at 699. :)

You’ll have to save my seat for a while Dave but I know your up to the task. :)
If I go to 67 (OMG I hope I don't have to) I have 5964 calendar days to go...:( DH is around 1000. That's gonna be hard to be around. That's what I get for marrying an old duffer:p.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I hear ya. I will be here 31 years in August...Not too many still around from when I started. Not sure where I am on the seniority list anymore. Lots have left in the last couple of years because of the changes made around here.

If I go to 67 (OMG I hope I don't have to) I have 5964 calendar days to go...:( DH is around 1000. That's gonna be hard to be around. That's what I get for marrying an old duffer:p.

If I do actually retire on schedule, at the end of 2019, I’ll have worked 47.5 years in IT. I’m amazed at all I’ve learned, (and forgotten I knew), but mostly about how fast the time has flown. It’s been one heck of a run. But I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. :D

Dave

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I do actually retire on schedule, at the end of 2019, I’ll have worked 47.5 years in IT. I’m amazed at all I’ve learned, (and forgotten I knew), but mostly about how fast the time has flown. It’s been one heck of a run. But I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. :D

Dave
Don't worry about what you want to do when you grow up. Now is the time to live like a kid for the rest of the way.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Dave
You can be anything you want. That is the luxury of retirement.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I am happy to be home in my own bed after vacation. But once settle in, we start planning again.

We're nearing the end of two weeks on Cape Cod. I really miss my adjustable bed! My back hurts with this one.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are very close to DH retirement. I’ve got trips planned from July to December going somewhere each month. Also have at least 3 trips planned for 2020. We love to travel, and when he is retired ( I have been for a while) we will do more of it. As long as we both are healthy and able. But part of me waits for the other shoe to drop! Do you feel this way sometimes?
Silentg

Yes. With responsibilities we've had at home, I feel that the best years for our travels would have been the years from 2012 until 2017. Now knee and shoulder problems might prohibit the kind of travel we want to do. For example, Europe for 3 months at a time where there are villages built on hills and cliffs with lots of steps and upstairs rooms. Traveling by train. Just lots of inconveniences that would not have been so five years ago and worry that they will only be worse as the years pass.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patti's Mom was an Educator in Oregon - Teacher and Administrator - covered by the State Retirement System. She always told Patti retire as early as possible. So we did.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. With responsibilities we've had at home, I feel that the best years for our travels would have been the years from 2012 until 2017. Now knee and shoulder problems might prohibit the kind of travel we want to do. For example, Europe for 3 months at a time where there are villages built on hills and cliffs with lots of steps and upstairs rooms. Traveling by train. Just lots of inconveniences that would not have been so five years ago and worry that they will only be worse as the years pass.
Maybe you can’t do the travel you planned and wanted to do but there are so many places you can go with your knee and shoulder problems, you might end up liking more.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're nearing the end of two weeks on Cape Cod. I really miss my adjustable bed! My back hurts with this one.
I just got an adjustable bed. You don’t know what you are missing until you get one. Wheras I use to wake up every 2 hours, now I sleep through 6-7 hours.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
DaveNW, look at the bright side you have completed 96% of the days needed for your retirement. You are on the minus days countdown T - 187 Days and counting.:wave: for retirement.

Good point! I like the T-minus part. :)

And the honeydo list has already started. I might be busier after retirement than I am now! :D

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I just got an adjustable bed. You don’t know what you are missing until you get one. Wheras I use to wake up every 2 hours, now I sleep through 6-7 hours.

I can't even imagine sleeping through that long. I can't sleep at all.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't even imagine sleeping through that long. I can't sleep at all.
Neither could I. I was always exhausted. It didn’t happen right away. Each night a little more. I kept adjusting the positions. Now any bed can be adjustable. I purchased at Mattress Firm and they sell bases alone too.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I hear ya on waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Right now I can barely handle the major upheaval coming upon us. I am not even sure how we will be able to go on vacation. Plus- hubby being called for Grand Jury next week. Hoping he is not picked because it falls into our timeshare vacations. Then- we have the big Utah trip in Sept. I hope we can do it all, but I don't think we have the stamina.

I keep my fingers crossed we stay healthy and I pray every day for us to get through it.
Maryann, I was called to grand jury duty last year (I live in NYS also). Pretty much everyone got picked, but if someone was able to show that they had a vacation reservation made prior to the call date, they were allowed to get off.
I had not booked anything that winter, and I had to serve 4 full weeks. The upside is that I can't be called for another 8 years.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Maryann, I was called to grand jury duty last year (I live in NYS also). Pretty much everyone got picked, but if someone was able to show that they had a vacation reservation made prior to the call date, they were allowed to get off.
I had not booked anything that winter, and I had to serve 4 full weeks. The upside is that I can't be called for another 8 years.

Thanks.

With our timeshares I guess I could print out the dates we always have each year from the owners websites. I don't have actual confirmations, but we never exchange.

He could also show the airline tickets for the Sept. vacation.

It also said that if you get off this time you have to be recalled in 6 months. But in 6 months we could be moving. Not sure what happens with that situation. So that is why my husband didn't try to get out of it in the first place.
What a pain....

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Neither could I. I was always exhausted. It didn’t happen right away. Each night a little more. I kept adjusting the positions. Now any bed can be adjustable. I purchased at Mattress Firm and they sell bases alone too.

We will have to check into this when we move because we need a new mattress but are holding off until we move

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

Dave

Soon you will be a Double Digit Midget.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We got an adjustable bed last year from a friend who didn’t like it. It came with the house she bought.
We found a guy with a truck that went and got the bed brought it to our house and set it up for us. It was brand new and it’s been great. Are the bases expensive to buy? We might put one in one of the spare bedrooms for when we have guests.
Silentg

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got an adjustable bed last year from a friend who didn’t like it. It came with the house she bought.
We found a guy with a truck that went and got the bed brought it to our house and set it up for us. It was brand new and it’s been great. Are the bases expensive to buy? We might put one in one of the spare bedrooms for when we have guests.
Silentg
For a guest room I feel they are expensive. If you go mattress firms website you can see prices. Sometimes you can do better. I actually got one that also vibrates, has a night light and area to plug you phone in as it was on sale for half price as it was just introduced and was hundreds cheap then the simplest model I was going to get. I personally do not like the vibration so I don’t use it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I was called to grand jury duty last year (I live in NYS also). Pretty much everyone got picked, but if someone was able to show that they had a vacation reservation made prior to the call date, they were allowed to get off.

Once, not enuff prospective jurors showed up for a grand jury in a small county.
The judge told the bailiff to round up more people in the hallways.

In Florida, you're entitled to be excused if you're 70 or older.
Now that I've retired and collecting SS, that's my next marker.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It has saved my life as far as ridding me of back and sciatica problems! I can really tell the difference when I sleep in a regular bed. Glad you found sleep through one too.