• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Second Molokai Trip of 2019

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I can hear her replies from here: "I'll get back to ya on that."

I am a little worried about that. She is new and has been in that position less than a year. I am asking basic questions
About what systems they have for monitoring the things we watch for and how audits are handled between the different locations, among other things.

They will probably be implementing the systems I currently work with so I would have to get those set up. That’s isn’t a problem since I have done it before. If she can’t answer those questions, that won’t be great but I’ll just have to roll with it.

I think my regional director let here know how interested I am and may have let her know about my question of being on another island. I guess I will find out in Wednesday.

On Thursday, the next day, I have my bi-weekly call with my regional director so I can find out if he knows any more. I do have to call him on something so I could call him tomorrow and do some hinting. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Xan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Is that what you are applying for?

Yes, that’s my current job title here at the Baraboo, Wisconsin location. It is a relatively new position at each warehouse. I was one of the first and that was almost 5 years ago.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those of you who have been to Kauai, the warehouse is located south of the airport. If you are going south, instead of turning left at the light to go into the Alamo car rental, you take a right and it’s right in that corner. You can see it right on Kapule Hwy. The signage is still HFM.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I had my second call this afternoon and I was right, it took the whole half hour.

My company uses the star method so the first ten minutes was answering four questions. Those are the, Tell me about a time when you had a conflict working with another department and how did you handle it, type questions. :rolleyes: I’ve been in both sides of interviews with these before so those went fine.

Then she went on to explain what is going on with the warehouses and the people in place now. She did a good job and answered many of my questions with her background information on the situation there, so a lot of the questions I had written down I was able to just scratch them off. I still had a few questions and she knew most of the answers. She has been to all the warehouses but you can tell she wasn’t too hands on with them.

There’s going to be a ton to do and it’s right up my alley for what I like to do. So that was good. So my main question was with which island I could live on. The job description shows travel as up to
60% of the time. So I asked, since there is so much travel with the position, is it possible to be based on any of the islands. Unfortunately, she said that there is one President and one VP of Operations and they are all based in Oahu. So it sounds like no flexibility there so I just moved on to my next question.

After I was finished with my questions she said that there were a couple more applicants but she was going to set up a Skype conference with me, her, the VP of Operations and the President of the Hawaii warehouses.

So I either made it to the last round or I am the last round. :)

The odds are really good I will get offered this job. I’m sure I won’t get offered the position at the next round. It would probably come a few days after. With not being able to be on a different island pretty much off the table, it will really depend on the salary. From what I read and in talking to others on the island, the cost of living isn’t always reflected in salaries so I’m not holding my breath. The only way I’m going to live on Oahu is with a substantial raise.

Depending how the Skype conference with the President goes, I still may bring up the other islands again. I would only bring it up if is going extremely well and the timing is right. Otherwise, I will let that go and see what the offer is.

So, I probably have another week or two before I know more. Although, she also asked how quick I could get out there. I told her I was surprised by that question on my first call, thinking they should have some guidelines but of course they don’t.:rolleyes: But I told her I talked to my HR VP and he didn’t really know either but ended out saying 30 days.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
If the salary is marginally acceptable, you might save the other island option until after you hear the number.

“As you know Hawaii has a very high cost of living. I would love this job and might be able to make it to work if I was able to live on one of the other islands”

This, of course, after you think you have their best offer and relocation package.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
So I had my second call this afternoon and I was right, it took the whole half hour.

My company uses the star method so the first ten minutes was answering four questions. Those are the, Tell me about a time when you had a conflict working with another department and how did you handle it, type questions. :rolleyes: I’ve been in both sides of interviews with these before so those went fine.

Then she went on to explain what is going on with the warehouses and the people in place now. She did a good job and answered many of my questions with her background information on the situation there, so a lot of the questions I had written down I was able to just scratch them off. I still had a few questions and she knew most of the answers. She has been to all the warehouses but you can tell she wasn’t too hands on with them.

There’s going to be a ton to do and it’s right up my alley for what I like to do. So that was good. So my main question was with which island I could live on. The job description shows travel as up to
60% of the time. So I asked, since there is so much travel with the position, is it possible to be based on any of the islands. Unfortunately, she said that there is one President and one VP of Operations and they are all based in Oahu. So it sounds like no flexibility there so I just moved on to my next question.

After I was finished with my questions she said that there were a couple more applicants but she was going to set up a Skype conference with me, her, the VP of Operations and the President of the Hawaii warehouses.

So I either made it to the last round or I am the last round. :)

The odds are really good I will get offered this job. I’m sure I won’t get offered the position at the next round. It would probably come a few days after. With not being able to be on a different island pretty much off the table, it will really depend on the salary. From what I read and in talking to others on the island, the cost of living isn’t always reflected in salaries so I’m not holding my breath. The only way I’m going to live on Oahu is with a substantial raise.

Depending how the Skype conference with the President goes, I still may bring up the other islands again. I would only bring it up if is going extremely well and the timing is right. Otherwise, I will let that go and see what the offer is.

So, I probably have another week or two before I know more. Although, she also asked how quick I could get out there. I told her I was surprised by that question on my first call, thinking they should have some guidelines but of course they don’t.:rolleyes: But I told her I talked to my HR VP and he didn’t really know either but ended out saying 30 days.

Good luck! Big change Wisconsin to Hawaii :D

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I hope this works out for you and your wife. I’ve been following your post and wish you the best!
Silentg

taffy19

Reaction score
I hope so too for you and your wife, Jeff.

These are big decisions to make in a hurry. Keep my fingers crossed that it works out for the best for your career now and retirement not too far away.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, Thank You everyone for well wishes!! TUG is awesome!!

I want to say a few things I already know. A lot of it from working 35 years there and I have been able to verify most of this from people I know throughout the corporation with current climate and economy taken into account.

This is a Manager position and there is no help with relocation, not negotiable, it’s corporate policy. It doesn’t bother me as much because I was going to retire there and move anyway so I would have had that cost.

Also, about salary, they are going to make an offer and odds are that’s it. Even variances of $1,000 to $2,000 are extremely rare. One thing I don’t know yet is the range for Hawaii. I know it is in one of plus states that pays more but I don’t know how much yet. Now this won’t stop me from asking but I know the way this usually goes.

I don’t think the other island thing will happen either right now. But if I get it and evaluate the whole situation and find a way to make it work, I think it’s a possibility in the future.

One thing I may be able to get out of them is more time off, especially this year with all that involved with the relocation. I wouldn’t be surprised if I could get a few weeks out of them.

They will offer and if I don’t take it, they will go to the next person. If there is no next person, they will repost it and start over. It’s always been that way here. But I will say, that they have always treated me well and payed me fairly.

My wife and I have been talking about it and if I get an offer the odds are greater right now that I accept, than turning it down. We have been right on track with our plan for me to retire in six years. So turning it down and waiting is the safest thing to do. We can make this work by hitting savings, which is much less since buying the condo. :) But right now we are thinking of giving this a try.

Oh, I forgot, my Skype meeting is set for next Wednesday. First with the regional Director again and then the VP and the President in Hawaii.

Last edited:

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Did you know that Jeff (slip) and his wife have already purchased a condo on Molokai and plan to retire there? :)

Wow, congrats!

And good luck with the skype meeting Jeff! :cheer:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First Skype meeting down, now on to the last one. I would think that it won’t happen until next week. It will be the President, VP of Operations, HR VP of Hawaii and maybe the Regional Director.

This was just more scenario type questions. She asked if I had any other questions but I said no. I said I had second tier questions but they wouldn’t make a difference for me taking the job or not. I would get those answered when I see the Operations.

I probably won’t get a call with the date until Friday or early next week. So I’m waiting again. :)

LJT

TUG Member
Reaction score
First Skype meeting down, now on to the last one. I would think that it won’t happen until next week. It will be the President, VP of Operations, HR VP of Hawaii and maybe the Regional Director.

This was just more scenario type questions. She asked if I had any other questions but I said no. I said I had second tier questions but they wouldn’t make a difference for me taking the job or not. I would get those answered when I see the Operations.

I probably won’t get a call with the date until Friday or early next week. So I’m waiting again. :)
We are all rooting for you - so glad you are keeping us in the loop!! Best of luck!

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Sounds like you're almost there.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Again for all the well wishes!!!

Word is getting around at work and people are stopping me all the time asking about it. I suppose I could hear something about the date of the next Skype meeting this week yet.

We still haven’t moved forward checking on anything for moving yet. My wife is tired of the waiting but that’s how these things go. We will start thinking about a realtor and if we decide on one we will call and let them know our situation.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You are SO my hero right now. Good luck, friend.

Dave

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I wonder if any of the folks doing the Interviewing are TUG Members?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had my first phone interview today. Not much, they only verified what I do and asked why I was applying. The next one Is the person I will be able to ask all my questions to.

Just curious, what did you say when asked why you were applying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the map to see about those lights I see at night on Maui from WaveCrest on Molokai and it looks like the lights on the left of my video would be of Ka’anapali and the lights on the right side would be Lahaina. WaveCrest is in Ualapu’e on the map.

I was looking up the cities the HFM warehouses are in on the different islands. They are in Lihue, Hilo, Kahului and Honolulu.

View attachment 12202

Who deals with food service on Molokai, or do they just ship in orders from the Maui warehouse to the individual business that may need something?

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I added a little bit of Molokai to my car today. I added a picture of the Cabana and pool area at WaveCrest to my radio. :)

View attachment 12194

How did you do that? Do only certain car brands have that feature?

That is so cool! I want that, but then again I should pay attention to the road and not a pretty picture, unless I’m the passenger, but usually I like the Sirrus/XM info so I know the name of the song or band...it’s amazing what I thought I knew and what I actually can remember!

I’m a Beatles station or for our last long road trip, the 60’s music channel, (has such a great variety)! My hubby usually wants classic rock or classic vinyl.

When I get sick of hearing repeats, I’ll head over to Underground Garage or Lithium (or something similar with industrial rock or punk), for that inner headbanger in me! LOL!

Always fun to hear old friends music being played!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just curious, what did you say when asked why you were applying?

I said we bought a condo on Molokai and I plan to retire there and that I always watched The old company for openings and since we took over I know that they will have to put in our systems. I have already been through all of that and I also mentioned that putting the new systems and practices in place is one of favorite parts of the job.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Who deals with food service on Molokai, or do they just ship in orders from the Maui warehouse to the individual business that may need something?

Orders get shipped over on the barge. Probably from Maui but I suppose it would depend on who they are ordering from.