• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Idea of Club Wyndham Access inventory?

Reaction score
As we prepare to buy, I’ve read through the members directory and the CWA resort list. Is there a thread or sticky where someone has listed the inventory for Club Wyndham Access or even each resort? Is it even possible to tell or is there a rule of thumb (I.e. 20% or 30%)? Common sense says it’s on the lower side, but I’d hate to buy CWA and hit our regular locations to find out that percentage filled up and we are stuck. I’m wondering if playing the odds would be better for us if we will frequent the same 5-6 resorts and only try new ones every 3 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
As we prepare to buy, I’ve read through the members directory and the CWA resort list. Is there a thread or sticky where someone has listed the inventory for Club Wyndham Access or even each resort? Is it even possible to tell or is there a rule of thumb (I.e. 20% or 30%)? Common sense says it’s on the lower side, but I’d hate to buy CWA and hit our regular locations to find out that percentage filled up and we are stuck. I’m wondering if playing the odds would be better for us if we will frequent the same 5-6 resorts and only try new ones every 3 years or so.

There’s a big white two inch thick book that actually details out what CWA actually owns. There’s probably a PDF of this somewhere. It’s not published on the owner website AFAIK. If you can post what your “regular locations” will be we can probably at least try to help you determine if CWA will work for you or not. Do you anticipate making most of your reservations in the ARP window? This is where CWA generally provides the best benefits dependent upon the resorts you anticipate booking.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
In the Club Wyndham stickies there is the CWA Public Offering statement (POS) which outlines the CWA inventory on the date of POS (May 2018). Hard to parse, and is missing one element that would be needed to fully answer the question you pose (% of inventory).

Club Wyndham Access (CWA) Public Offering Statement

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’d hate to buy CWA and hit our regular locations to find out that percentage filled up and we are stuck. I’m wondering if playing the odds would be better for us if we will frequent the same 5-6 resorts and only try new ones every 3 years or so.
Remember that where you own only matters during the Advanced Reservation Period, or ARP, between 13 and 10 months prior to check-in. After that, points are points. Unless the alternative is to own at *each* of those 5-6 resorts, it doesn't matter, and CWA is probably fine for what you need.

For what it's worth, I've been able to get some very high-demand reservations in the "normal" reservation window by reserving right at 10 months. That includes Old Town Alexandria for Easter/Cherry Blossom, KBV oceanfront in peak summer, and a few others.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Our only peak times are summer in general and last week of March, first week of April for Spring Break. We typically don’t travel over Christmas or New Years but maybe if we owned it would be different.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thanks everyone. Our only peak times are summer in general and last week of March, first week of April for Spring Break. We typically don’t travel over Christmas or New Years but maybe if we owned it would be different.

Those are peak weeks for everyone, and hence in highest demand as a result, so depending on the resorts you're looking to book into, and the size of the rooms, booking in the ARP window may be required. Can you tell us your 5-6 preferred resort locations?

Reaction score
Those are peak weeks for everyone, and hence in highest demand as a result, so depending on the resorts you're looking to book into, and the size of the rooms, booking in the ARP window may be required. Can you tell us your 5-6 preferred resort locations?

Sure! We most often go to Great Smokies and Wyndham Smoky Mountains as we leave about 6 hours from there and have family close by. Next would be Glacier Canyon followed by Sea Watch Plantation, Old Town Alexandria and National Harbor. We would include Williamsburg as well although we’ve never been there.
Next year we’re planning on going to Southern California so we’re looking at Anaheim and San Diego.
When we go to Disney we stay onsite so maybe we could trade into DVC if it worked out.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Sure! We most often go to Great Smokies and Wyndham Smoky Mountains as we leave about 6 hours from there and have family close by. Next would be Glacier Canyon followed by Sea Watch Plantation, Old Town Alexandria and National Harbor. We would include Williamsburg as well although we’ve never been there.
Next year we’re planning on going to Southern California so we’re looking at Anaheim and San Diego.
When we go to Disney we stay onsite so maybe we could trade into DVC if it worked out.

So let's take a look at which of your listed resorts actually have inventory in WCA:

Smoky Mountains
Vacation Resorts Great Smokies Lodge
Glacier Canyon
SeaWatch Plantation
OTA
NH
All three Williamsburg resorts
Anaheim, Oceanside, Harbour Lights

So, on the surface, without knowing what room sizes you need, WCA may be worthwhile for you. What room sizes are you going to need for most of your vacations? How many people will be going?

Reaction score
So let's take a look at which of your listed resorts actually have inventory in WCA:

Smoky Mountains
Glacier Canyon
SeaWatch Plantation
OTA
NH
All three Williamsburg resorts
Anaheim, Oceanside, Harbour Lights

So, on the surface, without knowing what room sizes you need, WCA may be worthwhile for you. What room sizes are you going to need for most of your vacations? How many people will be going?

Oops yeah I guess that is important! We would book a two bedroom each time. There’s just four of us but having the extra bedroom would be handy even if we don’t have family with us. We were in a one bedroom this week at SeaWatch and made it work but putting the sofa bed away every day was a bit annoying!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Oops yeah I guess that is important! We would book a two bedroom each time. There’s just four of us but having the extra bedroom would be handy even if we don’t have family with us. We were in a one bedroom this week at SeaWatch and made it work but putting the sofa bed away every day was a bit annoying!

You'll have more luck finding 1-2 bedroom units when booking at most resorts within the standard 10 month booking window as a general rule, at least when compared to larger 3-4 bedroom units. Be aware that some 2 bedroom units only have one bed in each room, while others have one bedroom with one bed, and another with two double beds for instance - which generally works better for kids IME. The setup of the two bedroom units varies at each resort.

In general, the larger 3-4 bedroom units book up very quickly, so having CWA for the larger units in the ARP window is especially helpful. It can't hurt to have CWA even for 1-2 bedroom units either though, especially if you're looking to book ahead of time mostly within prime seasons. Our kids are all older than 18, really young adults, so we tend to book within the ARP window for planned family vacations that require at least a 3 bedroom unit, and then we use our VIPP discount window for smaller weekend trips for just the two of us since we only need a studio or 1 bedroom unit. If we can a free room upgrade in the process, just means the two of us have more room to spread out. :)

Reaction score
Good to know about the two bedroom layout. Is there a resource where you can find layout and or square footage of the resorts?

At Great Smokies and Smoky Mountain, the two bedrooms have the one king, two queen layout. That works well for us with an 11 year old and a two year old.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The website has floor plans for most of the resorts. There are a few that lack this feature. The previous version of the guide book gave a breakdown of bed configuration and sq Ft of each unit type, but I think the newest version does not have that anymore.

Reaction score
Gotcha. That will be helpful once we are members. We already use YouTube to preview where we can, I suppose we could call also.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked, the newest guide does not have the unit breakdown, but the older guide does. That could at least give you some general info on the various units at different resorts and what they configurations look like.

Use it as a general reference though- some of them just say varies or have a wide range of sq Ft options at some resorts that are not very uniform.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Good to know about the two bedroom layout. Is there a resource where you can find layout and or square footage of the resorts?

At Great Smokies and Smoky Mountain, the two bedrooms have the one king, two queen layout. That works well for us with an 11 year old and a two year old.

If you look at the various resorts on clubwyndham.com many of them have pictures of room layouts and square footage averages. Not every room size has a layout available but many of them do. Below are links to each one of the resorts, just click on the “Suites” option:

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/wyndham-smoky-mountains.page

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/wvr-great-smokies-lodge.page

Last edited:

Baby Jane

Reaction score

Our ownership is 90% access. If we really want something eg Daytona speedweek. Seawatch summer book at exactly 13months out. That is because they only have so many rooms that are access. Now you can try at exactly 10 months when access inventory and none owner booked inventory becomes available but 13 month is your guarantee. Last minute getaways come up in the smokies and occasionally beach summer but you do have to be online a lot looking.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
San Diego
I'm pretty sure the San Diego location has no two bedrooms. And only one or two
one bedrooms - the rest are Studio Deluxe. If you want larger rooms, an
excellent alternative is the Oceanside location, 40 miles north of downtown SD.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The public offering statement I got last year, tells you how many units the trust has "interest" in. Meaning it's not CWA designated inventory year round. They show you a number of SDA which I believe is weeks. I have not been able to figure out what the acronym means. You can atleast get an idea of which resorts have more weeks then others. Like Bonnet creek has 7 times the number of SDA then National Harbor. However, it does not specifically compare it to the number of deeded SDA. It will only show you what they have. Knowing that will allow you to compare other resorts. I suspect, there will be more inventory for higher maintenance fee resorts then lower maintenance fees. It's hard to sell deeded inventory of a resort with high maintenance fees unless its a popular location. Bonnet creek is one. I don't know how many SDA is tied to deeded points, but someone said they talked to one of the HOA members who told him bonnet creek was only 25% CWA. That doesn't mean it will be 25% for the week you want to go. It could be higher, or it could be lower.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The public offering statement I got last year, tells you how many units the trust has "interest" in. Meaning it's not CWA designated inventory year round. They show you a number of SDA which I believe is weeks. I have not been able to figure out what the acronym means. You can atleast get an idea of which resorts have more weeks then others. Like Bonnet creek has 7 times the number of SDA then National Harbor. However, it does not specifically compare it to the number of deeded SDA. It will only show you what they have. Knowing that will allow you to compare other resorts. I suspect, there will be more inventory for higher maintenance fee resorts then lower maintenance fees. It's hard to sell deeded inventory of a resort with high maintenance fees unless its a popular location. Bonnet creek is one. I don't know how many SDA is tied to deeded points, but someone said they talked to one of the HOA members who told him bonnet creek was only 25% CWA. That doesn't mean it will be 25% for the week you want to go. It could be higher, or it could be lower.

It's actually SDUA - Seven Day Use Availability - basically the metrics use a weeks based measurement methodology for a seven day period of time:

"Please refer to Table 3 for a listing of the specific interests comprising the Club Properties. The amount of availability for each property listed below is indicated in terms of a Seven Day Use Availability (“SDUA”).

Bonnet Creek has 14,610 SDUA in the POS PDF that I have access to. If you want to know the percentage of CWA inventory, you have to decipher it from the charts in Table 3 in the POS:

TABLE 3: List of Real Property Interest Deeded to Club Wyndham Access

Here's a paste of the 1st page of said data for Bonnet Creek from the POS:

upload_2019-6-17_9-40-41.png

So, total SDUA: 14,610
Total points: 2,725,944,000 / 9,839,924,000

If I'm reading this right, this means that CWA owns 2,725,944,000 Bonnet Creek points out of the total listed. So, CWA owns 27.7% of BC ARP inventory if I'm running the numbers right here. That means CWS owners still own 72.3% of ARP inventory in comparison. Exactly what inventory? I'm assuming the inventory actually listed in the TABLE 3 charts is what CWA owns from a SDUA standpoint.

TABLE 4 also has what I think is some important data to consider if you really want to dive into the numbers, which is:

TABLE 4: Historical Occupancy Percentages

Here's a paste of Bonnet Creek's data:

upload_2019-6-17_9-48-4.png

This is good data to see how high the occupancy rates are during any one month, on average, in 2017. It's also interesting to see the disclaimer which says:

(Occupancy reported may be for the entire resort and not limited to the occupancy of the interests held by Club Wyndham Access)

Still, it's good data IMHO. For instance, it shows that the highest occupancy rates for BC are in March/April in the 93rd percentiles.

Interesting to dive into the data like this! :)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
It's actually SDUA - Seven Day Use Availability - basically the metrics use a weeks based measurement methodology for a seven day period of time:

Bonnet Creek has 14,610 SDUA in the POS PDF that I have access to. If you want to know the percentage of CWA inventory, you have to decipher it from the charts in Table 3 in the POS:

Here's a paste of the 1st page of said data for Bonnet Creek from the POS:

View attachment 12424

So, total SDUA: 14,610
Total points: 2,725,944,000 / 9,839,924,000

If I'm reading this right, this means that CWA owns 2,725,944,000 Bonnet Creek points out of the total listed. So, CWA owns 27.7% of BC ARP inventory if I'm running the numbers right here. That means CWS owners still own 72.3% of ARP inventory in comparison. Exactly what inventory? I'm assuming the inventory actually listed in the TABLE 3 charts is what CWA owns from a SDUA standpoint.

TABLE 4 also has what I think is some important data to consider if you really want to dive into the numbers, which is:

Here's a paste of Bonnet Creek's data:

View attachment 12425

This is good data to see how high the occupancy rates are during any one month, on average, in 2017. It's also interesting to see the disclaimer which says:

Still, it's good data IMHO. For instance, it shows that the highest occupancy rates for BC are in March/April in the 93rd percentiles.

Interesting to dive into the data like this! :)

For the life of me, I could not find the definition to SDUA. :) Thanks. Yes, interesting detail. Someone that has time on their hands, could probably put together an excel spreadsheet that auto calculates the percentages for CWA and CWS. I'm not that someone. Maybe I or someone else, can come up with a template, and someone who is retired and inbetween vacations, can input the data.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So to the OP, let's look at the percentage ownership for the resorts we listed earlier:

Smoky Mountains I
upload_2019-6-17_10-20-6.png

CWA: 31.3%

Smoky Mountains II
upload_2019-6-17_10-21-42.png

CWA: 31.3%

upload_2019-6-17_10-23-1.png

CWA: 83.3%

Glacier Canyon
upload_2019-6-17_10-24-6.png

CWA: 37.9%

SeaWatch Plantation
upload_2019-6-17_10-25-2.png

CWA: 19.9%

OTA
upload_2019-6-17_10-26-27.png

CWA: 26.8%

NH
upload_2019-6-17_10-49-23.png

CWA: 18.8%

Governors Green
upload_2019-6-17_10-28-20.png

CWA: 53%

Kingsgate
upload_2019-6-17_10-29-16.png

CWA: 21.7%

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Patriots Place
upload_2019-6-17_10-48-20.png

Interesting, no percentage, I'm assuming this means it's entirely CWA owned?

Anaheim
upload_2019-6-17_10-33-8.png

Interesting, appears to be 100% CWA owned?

Oceanside
upload_2019-6-17_10-34-19.png

Again interesting, appears to be 100% CWA ownership.

Harbour Lights
upload_2019-6-17_10-34-57.png

CWA: 53.6%

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
For the life of me, I could not find the definition to SDUA. :) Thanks. Yes, interesting detail. Someone that has time on their hands, could probably put together an excel spreadsheet that auto calculates the percentages for CWA and CWS. I'm not that someone. Maybe I or someone else, can come up with a template, and someone who is retired and inbetween vacations, can input the data.

I can start building a spreadsheet. I suspect this data changes on a regular basis though, meaning that deeded inventory handed in via Ovations is converted to CWA inventory when resold as developer points and vice-versa. Still, it's a good spreadsheet to have and we can update it periodically as we go.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I can start building a spreadsheet. I suspect this data changes on a regular basis though, meaning that deeded inventory handed in via Ovations is converted to CWA inventory when resold as developer points and vice-versa. Still, it's a good spreadsheet to have and we can update it periodically as we go.

The information on the changing inventory would be interesting too. We know they will add, but will they subtract? So right now bonnet creek is 27%. Will it be the same or higher next year, or will be be less, meaning they removed bonnet creek inventory. Knowing that, will tell people, just because 50% of the inventory is CWA now, doesn't mean it will be 50% next year. It could be 25% and your chances of getting that prime room go down.

We would have to get a copy of it from new owners every year or have a sales rep feed us one.