• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ocean Pointe?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed to MOP early October on an exchange..We had a confirmation October/ 2017..But due to Hurricane (xyz); our trip was cancelled..How does the place look now? Thanks

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I'm headed there in a couple of weeks - I'll let you know.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed to MOP early October on an exchange..We had a confirmation October/ 2017..But due to Hurricane (xyz); our trip was cancelled..How does the place look now? Thanks

I was there earlier this year and everything looked great! Matter of fact, you really would never know that a hurricane went thru there unless someone told you.

A lot of the shrubbery did take a beating but has since filled in and grown nearly back to normal.

Enjoy your trip!

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
What building did U stay in? I can't get a confirmation on that...I upgraded to a 2 bdrm for $99...Works for me

10/3 to 10

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the live webcam of the beach and resort, so you can see the buildings, including the 'Pink' building between Kingfish and Pompano buildings. It also appears they are painting the 'pink' building white.
http://video-monitoring.com/beachcams/lakeworthinlet/mobile.htm?station=North Shore

YES, they are painting the Pink Building white.

Funny story about this; 21 years ago Marriott offered to paint it for them for free. They didn't bite.

Here we are in 2019 and the Pink Building owners now have HUGE assessments (some as much as $40K) in order to bring the building back into shape and paint it white.

In any event, it is a great improvement and more pleasing to the eyes.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I was there earlier this year and everything looked great! Matter of fact, you really would never know that a hurricane went thru there unless someone told you.

A lot of the shrubbery did take a beating but has since filled in and grown nearly back to normal.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm glad to see that our extra MF assessment for owners in 2018 was put to good use to make it look "better than new". You're welcome! LOL

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score

Funny story about this; 21 years ago Marriott offered to paint it for them for free. They didn't bite.

Here we are in 2019 and the Pink Building owners now have HUGE assessments (some as much as $40K) in order to bring the building back into shape and paint it white.

I'll actually kind of miss the pink. It reminded me of the motel we stayed at in St. Pete's Treasure Island beach every year when we were children.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The video above is very interesting if you tap the rewind and watch the past 24 hours.

We were there in April. And March. And February. And January. The resort is in great shape. One thing I love to do after time at the beach or pool is shower in the locker room in Pompano and dry/relax in the sauna. The products offered in the showers have a tropical scent which adds to the aromatherapy experience.

I’d love to hop on a plane next week for a visit. And you never know, maybe I will.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

I had been told Marriott offered to buy the building and had plans for another Ocean Pointe building in there, but a few owners held out for more money than Marriott was willing to pay. If that’s true maybe they’re rethinking that strategy

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pink building is actually being painted a yellowish color, at least that what it looked like when I was there earlier in the spring. It will look much better and blend in with the surrounding Marriott buildings...

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time will tell what color it turns out to be. In the spring we were told the white was the base coat.

If you owned there would you have sold? I wouldn’t.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Time will tell what color it turns out to be. In the spring we were told the white was the base coat.

If you owned there would you have sold? I wouldn’t.
For a enough profit I would have. There's nothing special about that location or that complex. There are lots of beachfront condos. I'd have wanted enough to either make a lateral move and pocket enough cash or to move up in one or more ways.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Not a moments hesitation especially at the price they were offered and I understand that was $1,000,000 per unit. Think about it, at the time MPB units were going for an average of about $15,000. You buy 50 MPB weeks for $750,000 and have a quarter million in the bank. Your MFs would be $75000 a year but for those two weeks you don't own you would now have a zillion MRPs from the purchase renewing at 1.5 mil MRPs per year. You can stay in some nice places, fly wherver you want FC or take some nice cruises.

All this without a worry in the world about living expenses save the MF. No property taxes, no yard work or maintenance, no furniture to replace no painting, no utility bill not even a light bulb expense.

Yes I would have sold.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Absolutely. Not a moments hesitation especially at the price they were offered and I understand that was $1,000,000 per unit. Think about it, at the time MPB units were going for an average of about $15,000. You buy 50 MPB weeks for $750,000 and have a quarter million in the bank. Your MFs would be $75000 a year but for those two weeks you don't own you would now have a zillion MRPs from the purchase renewing at 1.5 mil MRPs per year. You can stay in some nice places, fly wherver you want FC or take some nice cruises.

All this without a worry in the world about living expenses save the MF. No property taxes, no yard work or maintenance, no furniture to replace no painting, no utility bill not even a light bulb expense.

Yes I would have sold.
I thought they owners were holding out for $1,000,000 each and Marriott balked at that because it simply wouldn't have been profitable. I don't think they were offered a million each?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
All I have is the rumor mill at the time and I think the sales rep might have told me that. I also seem to remember that is was just one unit that didn't want to take the offer whatever it was.

Yes, there were one or two holdouts that didn't want to take Marriott's buyout offer; that is when Marriott shifted their strategy and decided to try to improve the looks of the pink building by offering to paint it similar in color to the Pompano Building (at no charge to the owners).

Of course history shows the Pink Building owners (Palm Beach Shores Apartments) weren't sharp enough to take Marriott up on the free paint job and now they are footing the painting expense themselves.

It should be added that one of the reasons of the big expense they are currently incurring is that a lot more things are being done to the exterior of the building such repairing bad sections and installing new railings on all the balconies. Additionally, a new roof has been installed as well as a total makeover of the common area lobby (there go the old asbestos floor tiles). With assessments as high as $40K then it easy to see why a lot of the owners are not happy with the added expense.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
All I have is the rumor mill at the time and I think the sales rep might have told me that. I also seem to remember that is was just one unit that didn't want to take the offer whatever it was.

This is approximately what I recall being told, that there were one or two owners trying to strong arm Marriott to pay far more than market price. Marriott refused and built around them.

Personally I’m glad they’re painting the building and hope they get rid of the pink for something a little less annoying. Be my luck they paint it fluorescent lime green

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes I would have sold.

That’s a fascinating perspective I didn’t consider, not having known how much Marriott was offering.

Watching that video worked a spell on me. I found flights on southwest (easy cancellation) and a friend who will make a deal for his reservation for the 4th. I’m taking 24 hrs. to consider this impulsive trip. We’ve been down there as late as early June but not as far along in the summer as the 4th.

Any others visiting OP the first week in July?

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go every other year in July. At first I thought- Florida in July, you're kidding right? Well it's our favorite time of year now. The wx is great, the water is calm and warm and with the ocean breeze you don't even notice the heat and humidity. This is our year to skip so I won't get to meet you.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go every other year in July. At first I thought- Florida in July, you're kidding right? Well it's our favorite time of year now. The wx is great, the water is calm and warm and with the ocean breeze you don't even notice the heat and humidity. This is our year to skip so I won't get to meet you.

When I read through your post I began searching for confirmation that you would be there the same week we are. My heart sank as I read and reread the last sentence.

However, the rest of the post was encouraging.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We'll be leaving there on the 4th. First time going...really looking forward to it.