• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Village of Loon Mtn Lodges

CARTER281

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iam checking into 2bdrm Feb break, I couldn't find any recent reviews. Has this resort been updated, better room location from others, or bldgs. Etc any info types advice.
Thanks

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been several years since I have been there. RCI has a handful of very recent reviews. Some do mention "old resort" & "needs updating" - but all give 4 or 5 starts for the overall vacation. I never have expectations for incredible rooms when in NH. As for room location - I'm sure they are booked solid that week, so that may be a hard. But, for me....in the winter, if I try to put in a request, I would just ask for something close to the pool/clubhouse if you think you are going to use the facilities. Walking across snow covered parking lots with the kids all wet, or jumping in your cold car isn't fun.

Have fun! Lincoln is my go-to vacation! Any questions on the area, feel free to ask!

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Stayed there once - 10 years or more ago at about the time that VRI took over management. Worst stay ever in New Hampshire. Did not stay the full week.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Was there 2 years ago - WORST VACATION!!! WILL NEVER GO BACK!!! Check out my review........... Our Nightmare that was Loon.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Was there 2 years ago - WORST VACATION!!! WILL NEVER GO BACK!!! Check out my review........... Our Nightmare that was Loon.

What happened? Where is your review? The ones on TUG seem fairly good for both the lodges and the condos..

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Your review is for Mountain Club on Loon...a totally different place than where the OP is going. Same town, but not owned by the same folks as far as I'm aware.

It's been years since we've stayed at Village of Loon Mountain. It was rustic, but we didn't think it was THAT bad. The area is nice, and the skiing will be right next door. Hope you'll have a nice time!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Your review is for Mountain Club on Loon...a totally different place than where the OP is going. Same town, but not owned by the same folks as far as I'm aware.

It's been years since we've stayed at Village of Loon Mountain. It was rustic, but we didn't think it was THAT bad. The area is nice, and the skiing will be right next door. Hope you'll have a nice time!

Even Mountain Club on Loon has fairly good reviews on Trip Advisor- not to say Sue's review is not credible. Of course, it is terrible when you have a bad experience. It happens. There are certainly some bad reviews on all the Loon accommodations. But overall if it were me, based on everything, I would book there myself and hope for the best.

Last edited:

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I also stayed at the Mountain Club once. Very hotel like with a poor staff and lousy maintenance. Once was enough, but it wasn't as bad as Village of Loon.

lanemarie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner at Village of Loon, I took over a timeshare about 6 years ago. We go every New Hampshire Feb school break. It is an older resort but always clean and they are always working to keep it updated. The main reason we stay here is it has the best location (besides the mountain club which is right on loon) and a full kitchen and the bus service is the best. We ski all week and love the pickup by the blue buses and we save loads of money with making our own meals. The Pool club is also outdated but clean and the kids love it. If you are there to ski this is a great place to have as a base...if you want luxury this is not the place.
We always request to be in a building by the pool but honestly all rooms have a balcony and a view. The main building has an elevator but all other units have stairs.
I also stayed at the Mountain Club once. Very hotel like with a poor staff and lousy maintenance. Once was enough, but it wasn't as bad as Village of Loon.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
My review is under the lodges- dated August 18, 2001. Still has my vote for the worst timeshare in NH, tho a more recent stay at Mittersill was a fairly close second.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being from the Granite State, I must agree that NH timeshares are rarely all that good. We own at Attitash Village and love it but it certainly isn't all that fancy. We have stayed at the Village at Loon Mountain, Cold Springs, Grand Summit at Attitash, South Mountain Resort, Steele Hill Resort South (wouldn't bring a dead cat to SH East) and Pollard Brook. The first three were truly awful and the second three quite wonderful. But none would compare with some of the glitzy resorts in which we have stayed in Florida or Arizona. They were clean and well cared for and great bases for skiing but I don't recall any having much else to do but ski, shop and eat. But then again, that's why we were there! Except for Attitash, where we vacation in the summer with family, skiing is our goal. I am absolutely convinced that in NH, the room you get is the deciding factor. I was shocked when I read reviews of Cold Spring that raved about it. Really? Were we in the same resort? So there is much that sets resorts apart and then rooms within resorts.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yeah- the timeshares in NH remind me of the real estate in NH also. Most of the mid range priced homes and condos are old and worn- and outdated.

At Pollard Brook, our unit is in the oldest building. The unit has been updated, but it is not luxurious by any stretch. It has water leaks up in the loft that they can't seem to fix- or maybe it is too expensive to fix.

Our favorite part of our unit is the bedroom and master bathroom. The living room furniture is uncomfortable. But they have nice flat screen tv's.

That said, the unit is clean and the resort is really nice- the pools, the lockers, the gym- and they have nice activities. Can't beat the location- plenty to do in the area.

Even when we move up to the Lakes region we intend to keep it. We would get day use of the facilities from what I understand, which might be nice in winter (the indoor pool, gym, sauna) and also it will be a nice change of pace from the Lakes to the Whites.

We have stayed at Cold Spring a couple of times via rental. It's ok. One unit we were in was outdated and we did not like the configuration. It was also kind of dark. The other was a big townhouse facing a golf course. Outdated, but spacious. Both were clean. I am not crazy about their gym or indoor pool. The outdoor pool was not open the times we were there.

The front desk was friendly, however and I read they do have some nice local excursions. We essentially stayed there because our son lives 5 minutes away and it was his graduation and also for XMAS.

I did not like Grand Summit- it is a converted hotel.

Like South Mountain a lot.

Really like Eastern Slope Inn.

Didn't care much for the Crown Ridge. Townhouse but did not have that resort feel. Hated the pool area, too.

Never stayed at any of the other resorts, but they don't appeal to me.

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We are headed to Village of Loon Mountain Lodges next year in early summer, the week before we go to Cold Spring. I got a great deal on a getaway through II, so we are going! I've been once before many years ago, and am looking forward to going back. The location makes up for any shortcomings. I am one that actually likes most places in NH. Too much resort-y stuff actually turns us off, though we like Smuggs, because we've been for years and it feels familiar. We need clean rooms, enough places for everyone to sleep (preferably without using the sofa beds), a decent kitchen (don't need granite!), a pool, staff that is friendly, and that's about it. Most places in NH fit that description.

Isn't it great that there are places to suit all of us? Timesharing offers such a wide array of offerings. Anything from those fancy places to more rustic ones...something for everyone. I'll be sure to post a review of VOLM.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
We stayed at Cold Spring but I don't see a review (perhaps it was deleted for being too old). We had a unit on the edge of the golf course. It was a bit old and dated, but the resort had a great staff and lots of activities. We never returned, but a lot of that decision was based on the location. We like Lincoln.