• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

Reaction score
Smart man, I always plan the next vacation while on vacation!

Hi Dgalati,

I think I saw somewhere you mentioned that Wyndham banned you from purchasing more developer points? Does that mean you are now prohibited from obtaining Titanium status? Do you have any recourse or means of still getting it?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
No plans on buying developer points let alone buying all the way up to titanium. At a owner update sales told me they couldn't sell me if they wanted to. Was at Midtown 45 last week and they tried fo sell me?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
No plans on buying developer points let alone buying all the way up to titanium. At a owner update sales told me they couldn't sell me if they wanted to. Was at Midtown 45 last week and they tried fo sell me?

If you are attending updates you by definition are not on the “do not sell” list, which prohibits sales from interacting with you in entirety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
They also have a DO NOT Invite list . My Uncles on it and he is VIP. When we travel together I get asked to attend and they find out he is a VIP they initially invite him but after looking up his info they find out he is on the DNI list. Very comical to watch them back track on why he is not able to attend being a VIP and me being able to as resale buyer. Sales at Bonnet Creek said I did have a open case with Wyndham on a use year alignment that was why they could not sell me. Not sure how much truth to that statement but believe the salesman was not going to waste time selling me after looking at my resale purchases.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
They also have a DO NOT Invite list . My Uncles on it and he is VIP. When we travel together I get asked to attend and they find out he is a VIP they initially invite him but after looking up his info they find out he is on the DNI list. Very comical to watch them back track on why he is not able to attend being a VIP and me being able to as resale buyer. Sales at Bonnet Creek said I did have a open case with Wyndham on a use year alignment that was why they could not sell me. Not sure how much truth to that statement but believe the salesman was not going to waste time selling me after looking at my resale purchases.

No worries. You can always rent from a VIP. Ooops! Sorry! That's your line.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also I'm on the do not tour list. Last summer I went to several Wyndham's and a couple of resorts had to backtrack. No more freebies for me I'm sad

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
But it is so nice to enjoy my vacations, hassle free. Worth it, for sure, for me!

I agree 100%. Attending a "presentation" was a lousy way to spend the first morning of a vacation.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Attending a "presentation" was a lousy way to spend the first morning of a vacation.
Yes I agree. They just don't take no for a answer. High pressure sales at check in to hear presentation or what ever they choose to call it. Now it was 1/2 hour give your opinion and feed back which turned into a sales pitch.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I repeat any questions that may have been addressed before.

Really appreciate any help in advance, Does anyone know the answers to the following:

1. Will PIC points count towards the new Privileges levels? (right now I have 2 3-bedrooms which enables me to reach Platinum status under the current program using PIC points, but I don't know if the new Privileges will be the same)

2. My fiancée owns with Wyndham as well, and once we get married we would collectively have enough points to be Titanium but does Wyndham allow couples to consolidate and achieve a higher level status (e.g., I have 1MM points ...half of which are PIC, and she has about 500k points)?

3. I rent out points periodically, and someone told me that Wyndham can block "renters" from purchasing additional developer inventory? What happens if you are get blocked....is there any way to get additional developer inventory?

4. Does wyndham club select limit the number of contracts you can have one account? If so, how many? What happens if you purchase resale and go over that limit?

5. Is there any rule that says you can't rent points (I was told, like many here, that you could, but I don't know the bylaws)?

6. Has Wyndham blocked peoples accounts for renting points (I saw posts saying they are blocking for "stripping" points from contracts in the past, but does wyndham block accounts for just making tons of regular reservations?)

Thanks in advance for any answers :cool:

Anthony

I’ll do my best to answer.

1. There are no plans to do away with PIC or keep them from counting towards VIP on the new program, as far as we can see. I don’t see why they would, unless to many people were getting cheap VIP and they needed to curb it. I doubt it though. PIC gives them another revenue stream for their rental income. They take our deposits to book reservations within RCI to rent them out. Even if they did take it away, we would be grandfathered in to the old rules. There are some people who enrolled PICs before they limited it to 2. They can enroll as many as they want with a retail purchase to this day.

2. Yes they do. Plenty of people have merged accounts. However, if your fiancé has PICs, you may need to adjust, because you’re only allowed two (unless you enrolled a PIC before 2005). However, they may allow you to keep them. That’s up to the PIC department. I wouldn’t mention it. Let them figure it out. Have a plan on which one you will cut, if they require you to cut one or more, but let them tell you to choose. Don’t offer it. In order to combine your accounts, you both have to have at least one shared contract that you both are on. It would be good housekeeping to have both of you on all the contracts, but you two can decide what’s best for you. If either of you has a CWA contract, that would be the easiest to add someone to, because there is no deed to record. Just a membership form. Wyndham title can help with that. Once you have gotten both your names on at least one contract, you can ask them to combine your accounts. You will have one member number with all the contracts. You can decide which member number to keep. I suggest whichever one of you has their member number memorized, you keep that number. Again, you guys do what’s best for you.

3. I heard that too. If it happens, just reach out to Owner Care and ask what they can do. You may have to prove you were just renting to friends and family or agree to stop doing it. If you reach Titanium however, there is no real reason to buy more developer. Just buy resale. Last I heard, people who were blocked from buying retail, could still acquire points on the resale market. If you are buying points with the intent to rent out, I wouldn’t unless you plan on making it your full time job. Eventually Wyndham will catch on and they could shut you down. That’s why most vacation rental companies rent multiple systems. Or they advertise other people’s rentals for them and take a cut.

4. You are only allowed to have so many contracts under one member number. Once you hit that limit, they open a new account for you. You will not be able to combine the points under two separate member numbers to make reservations. So you have to book under two separate accounts. At one point, I heard someone had 40, but that was prior to the new system launch. Another person said it was 20. I have 9 when you account for the PIC contracts.

5. There is something in the directory about the system being for personal use only and not for commercial purposes. I would have to look that up to see where. I believe it’s in the contract to.

6. During the Great Audit of 2016-2017, there were a few mega renters that got kicked out for reasons I won’t rehash, but it wasn’t just about the renting. My guess is, they can choose to kick you out, if they suspect you’re using the program for commercial renting. Just because they can, doesn’t mean they will. However, I would stick to renting to friends and family and forget about trying to make it a business. Too many risks. If you get kicked out of the program, you will still be able to use your deeded points, but only at the resorts they are deeded to. Club Wyndham Plus is an exchange program. If you get kicked out of the exchange program, you cannot exchange your points to stay at another resort. I’m not sure how CWA would work since there is no deed involved. At least with deeds, they have to go through legal channels to take those away. They likely won’t if it’s not a foreclosure. They just won’t let you use your points outside your home resort.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t imagine why your uncle doesn’t want to share an account with you so you don’t have to rent from a VIP!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t imagine why your uncle doesn’t want to share an account with you so you don’t have to rent from a VIP!!
I have a Ideal, Instead of me renting from a VIP maybe you can gift them to me? LOL

Last edited:

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Williamsburg this week the concierge told me that they were restoring the old credit pool in 2020 that was in place a couple of years ago.
He was trying to convince me to attend the update, which failed on his part.
So he may have been lying thru his teeth.
Has anyone else heard this in an update? I didn't see it in this thread.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
In Williamsburg this week the concierge told me that they were restoring the old credit pool in 2020 that was in place a couple of years ago.

I have not heard anything about restoring the credit pool for my part.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I have not heard. Had you mentioned anything about the credit pool to him. Or the points deposit feature?

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had not mentioned points deposit or the credit pool. He was desperately trying to entice me into attending an update.
Since they preface everything as "proposed", they have open season making up anything they want to just to catch more suckers.
He did say that Wyndham had received a lot of negative feedback since removing the old credit pool and they were going to respond.
We shall see.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
He did say that Wyndham had received a lot of negative feedback since removing the old credit pool and they were going to respond
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess that the person trying to qualify tour prospects doesn't have a seat at the table setting strategic direction for the Trust.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I had not mentioned points deposit or the credit pool. He was desperately trying to entice me into attending an update.
Since they preface everything as "proposed", they have open season making up anything they want to just to catch more suckers.
He did say that Wyndham had received a lot of negative feedback since removing the old credit pool and they were going to respond.
We shall see.

The chances of them bringing back the credit pool, is just about as likely as them bringing back cancel rebook. That’s what I would have told him, but I guess anything is possible. It would be nice if they did though. Having three years to use the points, came in handy for the years we could not vacation as much. We’ve never had to rent out points because of the credit pool. Every 3 years or so, we did a big family vacation, so we used the extra points we had to book extra rooms. We still do, so we can roll points forward to that year, but if one of those big trips got canceled, or we needed the points, we were out of luck.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The chances of them bringing back the credit pool, is just about as likely as them bringing back cancel rebook. That’s what I would have told him, but I guess anything is possible. It would be nice if they did though. Having three years to use the points, came in handy for the years we could not vacation as much. We’ve never had to rent out points because of the credit pool. Every 3 years or so, we did a big family vacation, so we used the extra points we had to book extra rooms. We still do, so we can roll points forward to that year, but if one of those big trips got canceled, or we needed the points, we were out of luck.

Makes me wonder aloud if Wyndham is realizing that by restricting the ability to transfer points into the credit pool previously versus the current policy has actually encouraged VIPs to rent out their points - and at a higher price point than what the Extra Vacations program offers to owners - which creates competition between Wyndham owners vs Wyndham Vacation Rentals for timeshare rentals. Obviously some folks had figured out how to abuse the credit pool which is why they ended up restricting it to what is in place today - so they will have to find a middle ground that allows current Wyndham owners to bank points, while discouraging frequent owner based rentals, and while protecting against systemic abuses. It will be interesting to see what if anything happens in this regard.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Makes me wonder aloud if Wyndham is realizing that by restricting the ability to transfer points into the credit pool previously versus the current policy has actually encouraged VIPs to rent out their points - and at a higher price point than what the Extra Vacations program offers to owners - which creates competition between Wyndham owners vs Wyndham Vacation Rentals for timeshare rentals. Obviously some folks had figured out how to abuse the credit pool which is why they ended up restricting it to what is in place today - so they will have to find a middle ground that allows current Wyndham owners to bank points, while discouraging frequent owner based rentals. It will be interesting to see what if anything happens in this regard.

I agree. Again, thinking out loud, they could allow owners to roll points over twice. So if I roll this years points over to next year, they afford me one additional opportunity to roll them over again if I cannot use them. Maybe at a higher or extra fee. This way, it extends the time they have to use them, but the owner has to actually initiate the transfer. Not all owners would take advantage of that option or may forget to do it. So I don’t think it would have a huge impact, allowing owners one more chance to move the same points forward. It is like credit pooling, except that the owner has to move them twice rather then let them sit there in a single bucket for three years. Also, the points would only be good for two years. When you credit pooled, they were good three years from the time you credit pooled. For VIPs that had extra time to credit pool points, they would get an extra few months to a year of usage by waiting until their deadline to credit pool. Also, with the credit pool, you didn’t have to wait until the next year to use them. You could use them immediately. With the option I suggest, the owners couldn’t use them that year unless the reservation was made within 90 days or less. So there would be some benefits to the owners without allowing people to abuse the system.

Of course, they could stop the selling of stripped contracts by denying the transfer or requiring the original owner to pay the maintenance fees for the years that points are not available. That would make it harder to abuse the system if they did bring back credit pool.

davejulien

Reaction score
I may be in the minority but I like the new deposit feature better than the old credit pool.

Every year we don't use all our points and I end up moving a small amount forward.

With the old credit pool it was frustrating to me for these reasons:
1) You had to use up your RUY points before you could get to the credit pool points. This had me doing fake bookings, booking again with credit pool, and then canceling my fake bookings. Paying for reservation transactions to do this and then cancel would get pricey unless you are VIP like I am.
2) With the old credit pool I had MANY buckets of points with staggering end dates. If you put points to the credit pool more than once each year it was made worse with more buckets and more end dates. I had to always get creative trying to reach all the points in the various buckets.
3) If you didn't use your credit pool points at the end of 3 years there was no way to move them forward again. So, again, you are always forced to try to use your credit pool points first but Wyndham didn't default to this within 10 months.

This is what I like about the new deposit feature:
1) The points are in your RUY points and there is no distinction between pooled and not. This makes the points easy to understand. The number of points you own can be used for ARP. Anything above cannot. Again, easy to understand.
2) You can deposit to the future for as many points as you own each year. As long as you use a good majority of your points each year there isn't any issue.
3) The points always align with your current use year. So much easier than all the buckets.
4) If you run out of points for the year you can always borrow from the future which may include points that were previously deposited. So you can always bring them back to the current year if you need to. This, in a way, allows the points to be used for 2 years.

I think with the old credit pool people would say Wyndham was fair and gave me 3 years to use the points. With the new way people don't say that. Seems to me with the old way people are more likely to lose points just because of the management issues stated above. They don't complain because they think Wyndham is being fair. In reality the old way just seemed to create confusion and complexity when it's not needed.

I've yet to understand why people liked the old way better. If I'm using and moving points forward each year anyway what difference does it make? My preference is the way it is now considering it's easier to manage.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder aloud if Wyndham is realizing that by restricting the ability to transfer points into the credit pool previously versus the current policy has actually encouraged VIPs to rent out their points - and at a higher price point than what the Extra Vacations program offers to owners - which creates competition between Wyndham owners vs Wyndham Vacation Rentals for timeshare rentals.
I do not see how anything has changed. Deposit points to RCI, or book and deposit to Extra Holidays, or deposit to a future use year. The only thing that has changed is having to select the use year for deposited points, which creates an audit trail that can actually be followed.

Obviously some folks had figured out how to abuse the credit pool which is why they ended up restricting it to what is in place today - so they will have to find a middle ground that allows current Wyndham owners to bank points, while discouraging frequent owner based rentals, and while protecting against systemic abuses.
I think this is exactly what the current points deposit feature achieves.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I do not see how anything has changed. Deposit points to RCI, or book and deposit to Extra Holidays, or deposit to a future use year. The only thing that has changed is having to select the use year for deposited points, which creates an audit trail that can actually be followed.

I think this is exactly what the current points deposit feature achieves.

I cannot comment from experience as I'm an owner effective July 2018 and therefore the whole "credit pool" function pre-dates me in entirety. From what Richelle posted, it seems like the only missing option is the ability to use the points for up to three years. She suggested that if they allowed points transfers into future use years twice in a row, this would effectively solve this "problem" when compared to the old credit pool days. I really appreciated @davejulien posting as it really helped to better understand the differences. When Michael Brown sent the email introducing the entire Privileges program, he specifically used the word simplified IIRC. Overall it seems like the current points deposit feature is easier to use than the older credit pool feature, so I will be surprised if Wyndham implements anything that is more complex when it comes to future us year points management.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I've yet to understand why people liked the old way better. If I'm using and moving points forward each year anyway what difference does it make? My preference is the way it is now considering it's easier to manage.

You make excellent points regarding the shortcomings of the credit poll and the confusion it creates. The difference is (with the credit pool), I could use the points any time. As you know, currently you can only borrow from next year, if you are booking within the express window. With the credit pool, I could use them on the standard booking window, allowing me to book further out.

One credit pool shortcoming you left out was, you had to move the points into the credit pool before use year. Now you have 3 months to decide. However, if you move them, you lose ARP on those points (just like credit pool), you cannot move them forward again if plans change or life happens and you cannot vacation that year. Of course if you move them in March and decide in April you want to book a trip, you had to wait until 90 days out and hope they have the room size you need still available. Both systems have short comings. I hope they come up with a better solution. Allowing people to move points forward a second time, would be a big improvement.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
It's no secret that I loved the Credit Pool. And, I used it as Wyndham intended, I pooled the points and used them at a date during or after my regular use year. I DID NOT STRIP CONTRACTS and then sell them as some others did. Now that the MegaRenters are mostly gone and that the points in individual Credit Pools are starting to be fully used, it's time for Wyndham to bring back a popular (and usable) system. Wyndham could fix the stripping issue by not allowing people the option of pooling future year points.
- Non-VIP's would be able to pool current UY points during the first 3 months of the UY
- Silver would be able to pool current UY points during the first 6 months of the UY
- Gold would be able to pool current UY points during the first 9 months of the UY
- Platinum would be able to pool current UY points at any time during the UY
If Wyndham does not want to allow pooling for 3 years into the future, go with 2 years. Just bring the pool back!!! I hate the Points Deposit 'Feature'. A flexible pool is much more valuable than a rigid 'feature'.