• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Post-Vacation Letdown

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Poor me. I'm back in that post-vacation letdown phase. We had a great time in New Orleans, then on that Mexico Cruise, and ended with three days in Southern Utah's red rock country. It was a wonderful trip, and we had a ton of fun. After months of anticipation and planning, it was over much too soon.

But now that I'm back to work, I realize I need a LOT more vacation time. Work is getting in the way of my time off! LOL! :D

Dave

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I’m talking to a lot more people where I work that are saying the same thing. I’ve worked with these people over 35 years and they are starting to retire.

People retiring at my company was pretty rare when I started. Many people didn’t stay that long. I have been there 35 years and I’m still only about 15th on the seniority list.

My time will come and yours will be here before you know it. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My time will come and yours will be here before you know it. :thumbup:

If it happens like I've got it planned, then I only have another 198 calendar days till my official retirement. I'll save you a seat. ;)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I started one but it’s depressing to look at, 2,208. My wife’s is better at 699. :)

You’ll have to save my seat for a while Dave but I know your up to the task. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Poor me. I'm back in that post-vacation letdown phase.

The cure is to start planning your next vacation!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The cure is to start planning your next vacation!

It's kind of in the works: A week at Yellowstone in September. I should maybe plan for a dinner at the Old Faithful Inn. Hmm. Something I can do! :)

Dave

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
If it happens like I've got it planned, then I only have another 198 calendar days till my official retirement. I'll save you a seat. ;)

Dave

Wow lucky you!
I have about 1300 calendar days to go.:(
My job enables our travelling though.
Most of my retired friends have cut back on travel. I think they purposefully did not budget as much for travel.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I like coming home after two or three weeks of timeshare and adventure. I always seem to be happy to get back. Not as happy as leaving.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • I'm about 3640 days into retirement- Yep 10 years, less 2 weeks. It still takes a little unwinding to get over a vacation trip. (are they still vacations if you don't work?) When I left my employer, I was #9 out of a board of over 3,000! The best way to get over the post-trip letdown is to start planning the next one. So lessee here. Back from Hawaii a week, going to Yellowstone in a month, Whispering Woods (Mt Hood, Oregon) 3 weeks after that. Asia cruise in the Fall, Mexico in January. Plus any unexpected opportunities that pop up.
  • Just keep it up as long as you can. Your body will tell you when it's time to stop.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I love the question about if you are retired is it still a vacation? I ask myself that every time we leave home. We keep referring to it as "vacation", maybe because we're away from all of the normal "stuff" at home.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Work is getting in the way of my time off! LOL! :D
Dave
This is a family friendly board. The indiscriminate use of 4 letter foul language is up setting. Please watch your language, there are retired people here. Next thing you know you'll be talking about weekends, whatever the heck they are.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are both 65 and we have been retired for 6.5 years. Retired at 58.75. I remember my last couple years of working I had to get away for 2 weeks every six months.

Just got back from Gleneden. We have Canmore, Leavenworth, Seaside, Australia, and Vancouver BC Booked. Europe for Fall 2020 planned.

Dave did you spend time in Mesquite, NV.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a family friendly board. The indiscriminate use of 4 letter foul language is up setting. Please watch your language, there are retired people here. Next thing you know you'll be talking about weekends, whatever the heck they are.

Har har! Over on the Early Retirement board, the convention they use to protect the innocent is "w*rk" and "j*b"!
I've been retired from FT for two years, and from PT for 9 months. Plan to stay that way!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Maynard G. Krebs: Work!!! :)

Anybody watch Downton Abbey? Best line of all, from the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) "What is a weekEND?" :)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave did you spend time in Mesquite, NV.

We did, Tom. It was pretty darn nice. As the saying goes, "I could live there." ;)

Dave

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Dave
You retirement day will be here soon, congratulations. I retired at 52, never looked back, enjoy not going to work. I never understand my friends who say aren’t you bored? Or my sister that tells me I still should be working and looks down at me because I don’t. I am smiling all the way to my timeshares!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I like coming home after two or three weeks of timeshare and adventure. I always seem to be happy to get back. Not as happy as leaving.

Bill
As much as I love traveling, there is no place like home but happy to keep traveling.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I always say the same- as soon as you get home, start planning the next one and even the one after that.

Work does get in the way of your life- that was always my motto. Another thing I always said- "I have no time to work!".

But I will tell you, if you can have a retirement full of vacations, that is great.

But since I've been home (and hubby still employed), I still feel like I am working- only not for an employer. Especially now- with the retirement planning and the house selling and buying and downsizing- I feel like I am working harder now than when I was on the job! And believe it or not, our vacations this year are going to get in the way of our life. LOL!

How is that for irony? I never would have thought....:confused:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We did, Tom. It was pretty darn nice. As the saying goes, "I could live there." ;)

Dave

We were concerned with the average temperature for July - September.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love coming home and going back to my daily life with the grind and all. That will be Saturday but for now spending the last few days of it at OTA. In September thinking of going to Atlantis for 5 nights and 2 nights somewhere else in the Bahamas to get away from Nassau.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are very close to DH retirement. I’ve got trips planned from July to December going somewhere each month. Also have at least 3 trips planned for 2020. We love to travel, and when he is retired ( I have been for a while) we will do more of it. As long as we both are healthy and able. But part of me waits for the other shoe to drop! Do you feel this way sometimes?
Silentg

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I just returned to my home in Florida today, after spending 2 weeks wandering between Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, the Tetons, and Glacier NP. From the mountains, and now, to the beaches... what's not to like.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We are very close to DH retirement. I’ve got trips planned from July to December going somewhere each month. Also have at least 3 trips planned for 2020. We love to travel, and when he is retired ( I have been for a while) we will do more of it. As long as we both are healthy and able. But part of me waits for the other shoe to drop! Do you feel this way sometimes?
Silentg

I hear ya on waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Right now I can barely handle the major upheaval coming upon us. I am not even sure how we will be able to go on vacation. Plus- hubby being called for Grand Jury next week. Hoping he is not picked because it falls into our timeshare vacations. Then- we have the big Utah trip in Sept. I hope we can do it all, but I don't think we have the stamina.

I keep my fingers crossed we stay healthy and I pray every day for us to get through it.