• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts Options International

VacaLane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham, Massanutten, Parkway
Can I get a direct answer? I have been contacted by Resorts Options International to rent out my timeshares. This is new to me after almost 20 years of owning properties. I also just recently joined TUG2.
Is this a legitimate company or should I stay away from their assisting in renting my shares?
Owners that have not yet activated their ROI account, please contact us by phone at (888) 308-9668 or by email at information[at]resortoptionsinternational[dot]com

If you are a potential renter, please contact us by phone at (888) 308-0946 or by email at information[at]resortoptionsinternational[dot]com. Please have the specific dates and locations you wish to travel to.
Thanks to anyone helping out this old lady... Elaine

[Edited to break links]

Last edited by a moderator:

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If they contacted you out of the blue then run......don't walk........away. They will ask for some upfront fee and continue to ask for some fee until you do run.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a common scam - they are going to talk you into paying them some advanced fees and then disappear with your money. They are located outside the US, so you will have no legal recourse. You should immediately cut them off, because if you continue to communicate with them you will be tagged as an easy mark and will receive lots more calls from scammers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Direct answer - NOT legitimate!

This is one of two types of "scams" out there:

1. A true scam with them saying "We have a buyer willing to pay $XX,XXX and all you need to do is wire a refundable fee before you get your money". These scams are run by criminals who create fake business names and websites and cold call victims promising them that they have buyers or renters for their timeshare. They will create fake reviews and shills will post glowing reviews on TUG and other forums. Their goal is to steal as much money as they can then they disappear only to resurface under a new business name and website. They are in "business" for only a few months before starting the scam all over again. The scammers are generally outside of the US and target Mexican timeshares.
  2. An Advertising/Marketing Company, which Resort Options International is one of many out there. These listing/marketing companies have a legit website and in some cases real corporate entities. Like the scam above, they will cold call timeshare owners and lie by saying they have buyers and renters ready to pay thousands of dollars for their timeshare. They may also "guarantee" (really lie) that their timeshare will sell or rent. They mislead timeshare owners into thinking that their timeshare is worth thousands of dollars above real market value because their real purpose is to get a large upfront fee for "marketing" the timeshare on their website. No one would pay a huge fee if they knew their website was worth less than the upfront fee. Once paid, this company would place the timeshare ad on their poorly designed and hard to navigate website. It will sit for months or years along with hundreds of other similarly overpriced timeshares. Once they have the upfront fee that have zero incentive to do anything else and could care less if the timeshare ever sells. Like the true scam above, they will also create fake reviews and shills will also post to forums. They will generally stay in business for only a few years before they fold.
#1 are true scammers.
#2, the advertising listing companies are legit in that they provide a service, although a poor service. The service only exists to keep on the right side of the law. In my view though they toe the line of scamming and in many cases step over that line when they lie by stating that they have buyers or renters lined up or by posting false reviews. Their real business purpose is simply to collect as many upfront fees as possible. The website is an afterthought.

Looking at Resort Options International, they have been in business since September 2017. One would think that a timeshare marketing company's website would cater to the public looking to buy or rent a timeshare. Nope, not this company. Their website is more about attracting the upfront fee than providing details about what they have to buy or rent. In fact, they even include a page for people to pay that upfront fee directly from their website.

This is from their terms and conditions:

"Resort Options International, LLC (“ROI”) is a for rent by owner advertising company. ROI uses numerous advertising techniques to bring buyers, renters and sellers together, and offers a service to timeshare owners who wish to rent out or sell their timeshare properties. The Resort Options International advertising package rate is $3995.00 (USD) Per Property. Advertising fees are due upon activation of services."

"Resorts Options International markets, advertises and promotes available timeshare units, on behalf of the owners, directly to large corporations, corporate event planners and executives who are accustomed to spending top dollar on hotel accommodations on a frequent basis."

This is an outright ripoff at $10 let alone $3995. Their claim of renting directly to corporations is also a bunch of BS. Corporations do not rent timeshares. Just another lie.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

VacaLane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham, Massanutten, Parkway
Can I get a direct answer? I have been contacted by Resorts Options International to rent out my timeshares. This is new to me after almost 20 years of owning properties. I also just recently joined TUG2.
Is this a legitimate company or should I stay away from their assisting in renting my shares?
Owners that have not yet activated their ROI account, please contact us by phone at (888) 308-9668 or by email at information[at]resortoptionsinternational[dot]com

If you are a potential renter, please contact us by phone at (888) 308-0946 or by email at information[at]resortoptionsinternational[dot]com. Please have the specific dates and locations you wish to travel to.
Thanks to anyone helping out this old lady... Elaine

[Edited to break links]
Thank you everyone for your insightful replies. I am staying clear of them.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Rx8 said:
Their claim of renting directly to corporations is also a bunch of BS. Corporations do not rent timeshares.
The wording they use is carefully chosen to imply one thing (we rent timeshares to corporations for big buck) and technically/legalistically say something else: "Resorts Options International markets... timeshare units.... directly to large corporations.... who are accustomed to spending top dollar on hotel accommodations"

IOW, corporations spend a lot of money on hotels, so we'll send mass email spam with a link to timeshares. For only $3995, your timeshare can be part of that spam.

Kegler310

Reaction score
Direct answer - NOT legitimate!

This is one of two types of "scams" out there:

1. A true scam with them saying "We have a buyer willing to pay $XX,XXX and all you need to do is wire a refundable fee before you get your money". These scams are run by criminals who create fake business names and websites and cold call victims promising them that they have buyers or renters for their timeshare. They will create fake reviews and shills will post glowing reviews on TUG and other forums. Their goal is to steal as much money as they can then they disappear only to resurface under a new business name and website. They are in "business" for only a few months before starting the scam all over again. The scammers are generally outside of the US and target Mexican timeshares.
  2. An Advertising/Marketing Company, which Resort Options International is one of many out there. These listing/marketing companies have a legit website and in some cases real corporate entities. Like the scam above, they will cold call timeshare owners and lie by saying they have buyers and renters ready to pay thousands of dollars for their timeshare. They may also "guarantee" (really lie) that their timeshare will sell or rent. They mislead timeshare owners into thinking that their timeshare is worth thousands of dollars above real market value because their real purpose is to get a large upfront fee for "marketing" the timeshare on their website. No one would pay a huge fee if they knew their website was worth less than the upfront fee. Once paid, this company would place the timeshare ad on their poorly designed and hard to navigate website. It will sit for months or years along with hundreds of other similarly overpriced timeshares. Once they have the upfront fee that have zero incentive to do anything else and could care less if the timeshare ever sells. Like the true scam above, they will also create fake reviews and shills will also post to forums. They will generally stay in business for only a few years before they fold.
#1 are true scammers.
#2, the advertising listing companies are legit in that they provide a service, although a poor service. The service only exists to keep on the right side of the law. In my view though they toe the line of scamming and in many cases step over that line when they lie by stating that they have buyers or renters lined up or by posting false reviews. Their real business purpose is simply to collect as many upfront fees as possible. The website is an afterthought.

Looking at Resort Options International, they have been in business since September 2017. One would think that a timeshare marketing company's website would cater to the public looking to buy or rent a timeshare. Nope, not this company. Their website is more about attracting the upfront fee than providing details about what they have to buy or rent. In fact, they even include a page for people to pay that upfront fee directly from their website.

This is from their terms and conditions:

"Resort Options International, LLC (“ROI”) is a for rent by owner advertising company. ROI uses numerous advertising techniques to bring buyers, renters and sellers together, and offers a service to timeshare owners who wish to rent out or sell their timeshare properties. The Resort Options International advertising package rate is $3995.00 (USD) Per Property. Advertising fees are due upon activation of services."

"Resorts Options International markets, advertises and promotes available timeshare units, on behalf of the owners, directly to large corporations, corporate event planners and executives who are accustomed to spending top dollar on hotel accommodations on a frequent basis."

This is an outright ripoff at $10 let alone $3995. Their claim of renting directly to corporations is also a bunch of BS. Corporations do not rent timeshares. Just another lie.
Does anyone have experience renting a timeshare from Resort Options international? They have a timeshare listed on Redweek.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Does anyone have experience renting a timeshare from Resort Options international? They have a timeshare listed on Redweek.
This company does as little as possible to market timeshares. I have personally found no instance of them doing anything at all let alone pay to join Redweek. Are you sure it is Resort Options International? This company itself does not rent or sell timeshares. Below is from their website.

“Because Resort Options International does not provide real estate services, Resort Options International has itself sold zero (0) timeshare Properties. Additionally, Resort Options International clients have offline rentals generated by offers directly to the owner, Resort Options International is unaware of the exact percentage of offers to rentals. Resort Options International has no knowledge regarding the average success rate of listings to rentals because Resort Options International is not involved in any negotiations relative to the rental, closing or procurement of buyers of timeshare interests. “

This company has also changed their business model. They used to say that they marketed to everyone. They had generic descriptions of all the resorts but it was not user friendly. That was also a lot of work if they had anyone inquired, and they had to if they were interested because there was really specific being advertised. Now, they claim to just market to large corporations. Al their supposed marketing is now behind the scenes. What this means is that they are not using Redweek. I doubt they are doing anything at all and since it is behind the scenes no one knows.

From their about us page:
“Resorts Options International markets, advertises and promotes available timeshare units, on behalf of the owners, directly to large corporations,

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Here is related post where this company had multiple shills (fake posters) tring to convince everyone that they were satisfied customers. This thread also shows this company using exact same testimonials found on other company’s websites. This is not a company to trust.