• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$399, Woodstone Massanutten, Wk 35, $675 MF, annual good deal?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would check those MF's. I thought they were over 900 now.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
This is the resale I’m considering:
https://www.redweek.com/posting/R795764

I don’t need that much space (really just beds and sofas for at most 6 people) but I was also considering the TUG resale at
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/free-woodstone-massanutten-4-bd-4-bt.285019/
For that free one with 4BR, 4BA, MF is $800 with week 39. Current owner willing to pay closing costs. Only concern is that I really don’t need that much space, and MF could go up very quickly.

Why the rush? Sounds like you are unsure in what you want/need. Explore the different systems. Learn the ins and outs. Think about what you need and let the collective knowledge of Tug help you.

Try answering the questions in the newbie forum to see what is said.

Copy the questions into a new thread and answer them. Get feedback and learn. Remember, it’s really easy to get a TS, but can be very difficult in getting rid of one.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-to-buy-questions-for-newbies.208742/

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Why the rush? Sounds like you are unsure in what you want/need. Explore the different systems. Learn the ins and outs. Think about what you need and let the collective knowledge of Tug help you.

Try answering the questions in the newbie forum to see what is said.

Copy the questions into a new thread and answer them. Get feedback and learn. Remember, it’s really easy to get a TS, but can be very difficult in getting rid of one.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-to-buy-questions-for-newbies.208742/

Thanks. I will slow down and try to make an informed decision.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks. I will slow down and try to make an informed decision.
Glad to hear that. What you think you want now might be different once you educate yourself here on tug.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
More space is truly rarely a problem. :) That would give you the freedom to invite folks, or to spread out. That is my one regret in our ownership...I own 2 units that are 2BR sleeps 6, which means that someone has to use the sofa bed. What wasn't a problem when I had toddlers is now a bigger issue with a 15 yr old son. I wish I'd gotten 2BR sleeps 8's for all of our units. Ah well. Live and learn. We enjoy them just the same. (And one was free, one was $29 from Sumday...beggers can't be choosers!) If you needed to trade, you'd have more TPU's to work with.

I'm not sure about Woodstone in particular, but many of the 4Br's at Massanutten share a washer/dryer between 2 2BR units. That would be a dealbreaker for me...I seem to constantly have the laundry going, and I don't want to share! ;) Of course, we travel with teens who change their clothes by the minute.